9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

52 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Heres a good full picture of the trick play

GYupSSmWgAEPnTV?format=jpg&name=large

Joe Brady taking yesterday’s loss and putting it all on him. He says they didn’t have a bad game plan but he did a bad job calling the game. On the trick play: “Not just a bad play call because of the result of the play, but I try to pride myself on the feel, the flow of the game. Even if we're able to get that off and even if we're able to do anything with it, it wasn't the right timing for the play. I gotta have a better feel and understanding."

I mean, I'm glad he's owning it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

My understanding is that the head honchos at ESPN didn't respect the show for some reason and were always wanting to put it on the chopping block.

One year they told Berman and Co that the show was going to be cut in half timewise and the Primetime crew all agreed they couldn't do it that way. They were at an impasse and nobody took control over negotiations and ESPN just ended up cancelling it, much to the chagrin of Berman, Jackson, their producer and everybody involved who knew they had something genuinely great on their hands.

Just an absolute travesty of empty suits destroying a high quality creation that was loved by everybody. :censored:

Coming home from Mass on Sundays about noon in the late 80s/early 90s I couldn't wait to turn on NFL Gameday...and then later at night Primetime because that's where you got the best pregame and highlights.  ESPN was the source for everything pre-internet.  And then there was Berman...it seemed like he was the only national media figure that was openly a Bills fan aside from Tim Russet.  

Miss those days.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

"The Ravens ran out of heavy sets 82% of the time. The Bills gave light box counts on rushing downs (6 or less in the box) on 41.2% of rushing snaps. Heavy box counts only 8.8% of the time."

Just smh.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

"The Ravens ran out of heavy sets 82% of the time. The Bills gave light box counts on rushing downs (6 or less in the box) on 41.2% of rushing snaps. Heavy box counts only 8.8% of the time."

Just smh.

8 years into the McDermott administration…just no excuse.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

That dirty move by the Ravens there and the late hit on Allen is why im angry the Bills don't have an enforcer who did the same thing to Lamar. In hockey it used to be where if a team cheap shotted a teams star, their own star would soon be cheap shotted. Lamar should have taken two late hits to the head for what was done to Allen to shut this dirty play up 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DaVinci said:

Sean McDermott says he feels the #Bills got away from the run game too early last night against the Ravens, even though it was a double-digit deficit beginning of 2nd quarter.

Oh boy 

I agree.

They went one dimensional like they were chasing a 3 score lead in the first half and the Ravens were able to stack the line, pin their ears back, and just rush Allen.

The net result was a lot of 3 and outs and just putting your defense that is reelng back on the field and Allen did not have any time in the pocket.

They gave up on that way too early and I would have featured more gap with Davis as they had too much sideline to sideline speed for those zone runs.

Davis breaks through that stacked box there is a lot of empty in front of him...Cook too.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

3-1 through the quarter turn. Still on pace for a 12-5 or 13-4 season. Definitely not thrilled about last night’s results and how the warts have began to show, but let’s keep some perspective 

yep.  I think 97 people out of 100 on this board would have taken it if you told them we’d be 3-1 through the first four.

And, if I had to pick one game on this road stretch to lose, it would definitely be the Baltimore one.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

3-1 through the quarter turn. Still on pace for a 12-5 or 13-4 season. Definitely not thrilled about last night’s results and how the warts have began to show, but let’s keep some perspective 

I think everybody would have been fine with 10-7 or 11-6 and a division win going into the season. It was supposed to be a "rebuild year". I think the fact that the rest of the AFC looks so vulnerable has people getting greedy.

• Like (+1) 1

Awful play calling on both sides of the ball. Didn't realize O'Cyrus Torrence graded as the worst guard in the league through 4 games but it was evident last night. Interior DL, linebackers, and safeties all were poor yesterday also.

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Was pretty bummed yesterday morning.  Felt better about it by the end of the day.

Disappointed at coaching.  Hope they learned from it, especially Brady.  AFCE shouldn’t be an issue this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens played bully ball from the get go... not enough Bills players responded... when guys are ripping off helmets, giving the business when the refs cant see... Bills needed to respond in kind and didnt, they by and large played soft.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, WideNine said:

I agree.

They went one dimensional like they were chasing a 3 score lead in the first half and the Ravens were able to stack the line, pin their ears back, and just rush Allen.

The net result was a lot of 3 and outs and just putting your defense that is reelng back on the field and Allen did not have any time in the pocket.

They gave up on that way too early and I would have featured more gap with Davis as they had too much sideline to sideline speed for those zone runs.

Davis breaks through that stacked box there is a lot of empty in front of him...Cook too.

Also, some draws would have been nice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1