9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

One game and I'm sick of the Ravens.  I'm sure this is how other fans feel about the Bills after they kill some teams.  First time in a while I will root for Cincinnati next week to dump on Baltimore, or at least rough em up a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Will this be that game we see every year that motivates the team to get serious aka Arizona couple years ago, eagles last year?

That could happen if the issue was getting serious. Unfortunately we have a serious talent deficit on defense until some guys get healthy, and younger guys get more experienced.

This could be the game where Brady learns to add more wrinkles and approaches to the playbook when things aren’t going our way.

12 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

" We will learn from this"

What exactly are they supposed to "learn"? They got beat by a much better team. Sometimes that is all it comes down to. Better team, better coaching.  People want to point fingers and place blame and not look at the bigger picture, we ran into a buzzsaw and did not have the pieces to compete. That is all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Lots of typical over reaction around here, but I guess getting completely beat down in every facet of a game will do that.    

My concern is that the Bills are so good against so many teams and rack up all sorts of amazing stats that they seem reluctant to make any real changes.  And when they play really hard hitting, punch you in the mouth kinda teams that are well coached… that’s when they really struggle.  It’s why we keep getting bounced in the divisional round. They meet these really hard hitting, physical teams and just never adjust or match the energy. The Bills looked like they were playing with 10 men on the field.  That’s coaching, that’s attitude. 

Hopefully they can figure something out before January.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Heitz said:

It's the rare day when Shop and the Bulldog AND Reddit are taking this loss better than TBD 🤷‍♂️ 🤣 :beer: 

The losses bring out a group of posters that only come out of the woodwork after losses. They are, as my mother likes to say, luxuriating in their first blowout loss in almost three years. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

That could happen if the issue was getting serious. Unfortunately we have a serious talent deficit on defense until some guys get healthy, and younger guys get more experienced.

This could be the game where Brady learns to add more wrinkles and approaches to the playbook when things aren’t going our way.

Agree fully with you. I was feeling snarky when I posed the question. This is the issue...talent. Well and coaching. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Sean McDermott says he feels the #Bills got away from the run game too early last night against the Ravens, even though it was a double-digit deficit beginning of 2nd quarter.

Oh boy 

Anytime you can take the ball out of Josh's hands and give it to Ray Davis you just have to 

• Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Sean McDermott says he feels the #Bills got away from the run game too early last night against the Ravens, even though it was a double-digit deficit beginning of 2nd quarter.

Oh boy 

He’s not wrong. On the trick play drive, I assumed we would just keep running. We were getting like 5+ yards a clip there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Oh boy 

Yeah, the run game was going so well too. 

39 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

Oh boy 

What in the actual hell is McDermott talking about lol. Does he not know how many drives were killed because of 2nd and 3 runs that resulted in no gain?

Bills only TD drive was because Josh made an insane play and the guy wants to put more emphasis on the run game opposed to putting it in the hands of his elite QB.

Dumb quotes like that officially make me believe the bills will never win a SB with McDermott 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Gawd that makes me miss Berman, Jackson and their whole production crew.

They were sooooo good

Years ago I took my brother to the Walter Camp luncheon.  My younger brother really wanted to see Rocket Ismail.  Greg Skrepenak - a gigantic All American Michigan OL says to my brother- “Rocket is upstairs sleeping.  I know the rooms he crashes in.  Let’s go wake him up” and he leads me and my brother to the elevator.  And guess who steps in the elevator?

Tom Jackson steps into our elevator- I’m pumped.  I say to

Tom.  “Carwell Gardner- where is he from?”  Tom chuckled and said “Louisville!”

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaVinci said:

Oh boy 

Great post. So 10 points down and you stop running? 

Bills never needed to resort to " huck it deep Dorsey O" w junk truck plays. Heck yeah,  they should have been running and working their offense. 

8 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The absolute best sports show of the 80s/90s. Maybe ABC/ESPN lost the rights to the full highlights or some other explanation, but ending it was one of the worst decisions ever. 

My understanding is that the head honchos at ESPN didn't respect the show for some reason and were always wanting to put it on the chopping block.

One year they told Berman and Co that the show was going to be cut in half timewise and the Primetime crew all agreed they couldn't do it that way. They were at an impasse and nobody took control over negotiations and ESPN just ended up cancelling it, much to the chagrin of Berman, Jackson, their producer and everybody involved who knew they had something genuinely great on their hands.

Just an absolute travesty of empty suits destroying a high quality creation that was loved by everybody. :censored:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Heres a good full picture of the trick play

GYupSSmWgAEPnTV?format=jpg&name=large

Joe Brady taking yesterday’s loss and putting it all on him. He says they didn’t have a bad game plan but he did a bad job calling the game. On the trick play: “Not just a bad play call because of the result of the play, but I try to pride myself on the feel, the flow of the game. Even if we're able to get that off and even if we're able to do anything with it, it wasn't the right timing for the play. I gotta have a better feel and understanding."

• Like (+1) 3

Some of you need to take a deep breath and relax.  Maybe go take a walk or something.  Play fetch with a dog or watch the sunset over Lake Erie.  

It will be ok.