9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Gawd that makes me miss Berman, Jackson and their whole production crew.

They were sooooo good

Best show as a football fan growing up.  Watched it w my parents. Was must see tv 

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Lol what? 
Last night you said those regular season wins against KC didn’t count because it wasn’t the playoffs.  Now last nights game was a playoff type game?  What were those Sunday games at KC?  Those weren’t playoff like games?!  What??

Fair reply. Those Sunday games were with a younger Von  that closed , and then last year a Toney toe from having an epic loss again. Let’s not think the bills are world beaters. The most impressive win they’ve had was the Von end of game closing. 

When it comes down to it. I’m taking Reid and Spags over McD and whomever is on his staff 

1 minute ago, balln said:

Fair reply. Those Sunday games were with a younger Von  that closed , and then last year a Toney toe from having an epic loss again. Let’s not think the bills are world beaters. The most impressive win they’ve had was the Von end of game closing. 

When it comes down to it. I’m taking Reid and Spags over McD and whomever is on his staff 

Epic loss?

This is the second time you have brought up a negative in a Bills big win because of a low variance play.

Was 13 seconds low variance as well?  KC has gotten lucky versus us too...

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

There was an interview with Ingraham one of the days before the game and all he talked about was stopping them by "being physical" - in a way that i kept thinking balt will see this as a challenge.  Then later I saw an interview with Hamilton where he mentioned physicality as well - almost in response to Bills comments.  Balt responded also with their actual play on the field

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

Brady failed because the play was blown up from the get-go, and neither Samuel nor Josh were coached up enough to recognize and abort the play.

We hadn't run a direct snap all year, so running a trick/gadget out of that look was piss poor decision-making. You run a trick once people are biting on something you've set up by after running the look vanilla. You run a trick once your players are comfortable enough to execute to perfection, and can recognize when to abort.

Brady's called some great games but he deserves all the flack for that idea. McDermott, too.

You’re entitled to your interpretation. Mine is you are wrong.

• Vomit 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Epic loss?

This is the second time you have brought up a negative in a Bills big win because of a low variance play.

Was 13 seconds low variance as well?  KC has gotten lucky versus us too...

Yea epic. Unbelievable way to lose. Kelce deep catch uncovered w a lateral to Toney 

yea :13 is “lucky” I suppose for kc. But they identified our poorly aligned players / scheme and MADE two big plays. And their kicker MADE the kick. 

Look I’d love to go back and forth with you all day. Bc you want to talk about luck and cheer for McD. But I don’t want to. Agree to disagree 

• Agree 2

Derrick Henry is 3-3 in W/L against the Bills with McD but in 2 of those wins he has huge numbers. In some games the Bills have had the answer to him but last night it was as if they forgot everything. Letting him get a full head of steam as he got to the LOC or getting to the outside was not just on the Bills players but on the defensive coaches for not putting the players in the right contain positions. In addition to that, we only started blitzing in the 2nd half after several series of no pressure whatsoever. Why was that? Finally our zone defense was woeful last night and with the lack of pass rush made things so easy for Jackson. We should have been playing man coverage which would have made Jackson make decisions under pressure. Last night though the Ravens receivers were so wide open a high school QB could have completed the throws. I dont understand why none of this was noticed until halftime and some of it not noticed or adjusted to at all. Who are the guys upstairs?

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

As critical as I am, the most annoying thing is the Bills didn't suck at the start of the third quarter. Ravens punt, Bills TD, Ravens punt. There had seemingly been adjustments and the game was turning. Then that call on 2 and 7. That's where the game actually lost. They may have managed to get it to at least a one score game with proper play calling on that drive.

Not only did that play swing the momentum right back to the Ravens, it nearly killed Josh in the process. Horrible time to call that nonsense 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea epic. Unbelievable way to lose. Kelce deep catch uncovered w a lateral to Toney 

yea :13 is “lucky” I suppose for kc. But they identified our poorly aligned players / scheme and MADE two big plays. And their kicker MADE the kick. 

Look I’d love to go back and forth with you all day. Bc you want to talk about luck and cheer for McD. But I don’t want to. Agree to disagree 

Taron Johnson also made the play against Baltimore in the playoffs.  But you don't see it that way. 

I am not cheering for McD or talking about luck.  You are.  You are the one saying we got lucky in the Baltimore playoff game on a low variance play.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taron Johnson also made the play against Baltimore in the playoffs.  But you don't see it that way. 

I am not cheering for McD or talking about luck.  You are.  You are the one saying we got lucky in the Baltimore playoff game on a low variance play.

Just arguing the point that you hung your hat on /  made about how we beat Harbaugh once. It’s cool. And again I’m talking about coaches/ schemes. To me that’s just Lamar w an errant pass but under pressure  and taron making a play. 

49 minutes ago, Simon said:

Gawd that makes me miss Berman, Jackson and their whole production crew.

They were sooooo good

The absolute best sports show of the 80s/90s. Maybe ABC/ESPN lost the rights to the full highlights or some other explanation, but ending it was one of the worst decisions ever. 

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Just arguing the point that you hung your hat on /  made about how we beat Harbaugh once. It’s cool. And again I’m talking about coaches/ schemes. To me that’s just Lamar w an errant pass but under pressure  and taron making a play. 

So lets recap.

You said the Bills have never beaten a good team.

I said they have beaten the Ravens (twice) and Chiefs (3 times).  Then you said those games don't count because it wasn't the playoffs.

Well the Ravens game was the playoffs and then you said it didn't count because of a low variance INT.  Now you're saying it was an errant pass under pressure when it wasn't errant or under pressure....it was a clean pocket.  So Taron Johnson doesn't get any credit.  Even if Lamar was under pressure, the DL gets no credit.

Then this morning you say that last nights game was like a playoff game but the previous Sunday night games at KC weren't playoff type games.

Anything positive that has happened to the Bills, you mark it up to luck.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I said it when he came off the bench and it was true in this game. Spector is slow to react and isn’t seeing the play well. He’s a back up LB who I think will continue to get picked on the longer he’s out there. 

I feel similar about Cam Lewis. He is near the top in tackles because he’s getting picked on out there. 

It would be nice to get Hyde back in the building. 

• Like (+1) 1