9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

12 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I believe it is cap prohibitive to cut him.

If you do cut him, gotta have a guy that’s “the guy”.  Is he out there? 

I wasn't a fan of either guy they worked out and didn't see either as much of an improvement over Bass.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

We will certainly have more of these games if our Run D looks like Swiss cheese and we can't get generate any pass rush.  Next week might be that next time.

I knew going into this game if Henry got hit early it was going to be ugly - I did NOT THINK McDermott under estimated that but I guess he did and here we are 

sadly I’m not surprised and see us rebounding 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Typical Bills strategy vs Lamar is keep him in the pocket, lane discipline, force him to be a QB. Almost intentionally do not pressure him.

It didn’t work because our LBers, safeties and slot corner are all backups and can’t cover for crap.

Problem this time around was Derrick Henry. Handling Lamar and Derrick got too much for our D.

I will also say this. If Coleman hangs onto that long pass the kid would have had a great day. He just dropped one. I think we can be optimistic about him moving forward. He seemed to be a threat when he was out there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I’m not sure why Samuels was signed for the money he was given,  if all he’s gonna be used as is a gadget guy Somehow he needs to get targets that are currently going to Hollins. Hollins is a backup at best. 

it’s weird. Samuels was like Deebo lite in his last year in Carolina. I assumed we were going to use him in the same way. 

Just now, Drew21PA said:

I knew going into this game if Henry got hit early it was going to be ugly - I did NOT THINK McDermott under estimated that but I guess he did and here we are 

sadly I’m not surprised and see us rebounding 

You can't sit back in nickel and expect to stop Henry unless you're attacking the LOS.  Just not going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

This game was a joke from start to finish.  Bad game plans on both sides of the ball.  Bad execution of both sides of the ball.  The O-line looked bad the entire game.  We didn't pass the ball beyond 5 years most of the game.  The play calling was predictable and Lamar and Henry carved us up on the running game like a Xmas ham.  Balt was able to exploit our missing D.

The strange thing was until the worst play call of the year that we were still kind of in the game.  

Now it's time to regroup, hopefully learn from this film, get Johnson and or Bernard back in the lineup and go beat two beatable teams in Houston and the NY Jets.

Go 3-1 every month and this season will be a great success.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

You can't sit back in nickel and expect to stop Henry unless you're attacking the LOS.  Just not going to happen.

That team is smash it in your face 

had we gone up 7-0 or even 14-0 - he was done and we had it won

it we let them do their game - gotta be better buffalo

whatever we will be later 

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

The last time we got physically beat like this was at home against 5he Colts in 2021. The sky was falling after that game. The Bills fell to 6-4.

Two months later the Bills had a 36-33 lead against KC and looked to be on their way to a Super Bowl.

A month from now this game will be a distant memory.

And how did the game against the Chiefs end…?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Floydboy12 said:

I think they gotta try somebody new though. He may get his confidence back but not as a Bill. 

That's the problem. Who?

This is something they should've done in the off season, but of course, they acted like it would work itself out and now here we are.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Floydboy12 said:

I think they gotta try somebody new though. He may get his confidence back but not as a Bill. 

I think Bass needs a change of scenery. He is done here.

the fact that he yanked that 48-yarder, as opposed to his normal miss to the right makes me think that he has just a bunch of band aides right now on his kicking issues.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not entirely upset by that loss. 

The team took a punch and bounced back.  Then Brady self-KO’d our team when to anyone watching, it felt like 17-21 with time still left in the 3rd was inevitable. 

I do think we’re seeing that “everyone eats” might need a counter punch.  

Keon turning into Tee Higgins in the 2nd Half was good to see. 

Brady needs to seriously reflect on the fact he lost us the game tonight.  

McDermott needs have a long hard look at this roster and decide how much longer he wants to keep our 4th string Safety in a starting role. 

Bass is a joke right now and we can’t trust him to make anything over 40 yards. 

maybe im not remembering correctly and im not entirely disagreeing with you about how you play lamar but

the game we knocked him out..that was due to pressure.   and it seems like we did that a lot that game. 

We need to get Kincaid going, at times we see it, and most of the time we don't.  Thought he should of caught that ball late in the 2nd half, it actually should have been intercepted but it hit Kincaid in the chest. 

Samuel doesn't do much so far, they really are not sure how to use him.

Biggest positive was some of those back shoulder throws to Coleman, Allen was trailing so he started to let it rip, good to see.

The D was just bad.  Looked like we didnt want to load the box to stop the run, and when we did it was far to late or Lamar beat us.

First few weeks masked some of are weaknesses, we got exposed, we were bad in every facet tonight.  Thought we did a bad  job pass protecting, and it wasn't just the OL getting wrecked, Allen was sliding the line the wrong way.  Looked like Allen was a bit nervous early in the game, and then when the barn door was open he calmed down and played better, too bad that trick play kicked us in the mouth.