9/29/2024 Bills @ Ravens post game thread

BuffaloBill

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Flush this game and move on IMO. Baltimore is a great team and they looked it tonight. A couple unfortunate early drops and coaching mistakes put us too far behind and basically forced us to have a perfect second half to stand a chance. 

3-1 and looking the way we have while doing it is still better than I expected coming into the year. 

Baltimore was 1-2 and lost to the Raiders and a sketchy looking Chiefs team and almost blew it again a mediocre Dallas. 

Let’s not crown them with this “Great” title. 

Edited by The 9 Isles

1 minute ago, Floydboy12 said:

I’m not sure why Samuels was signed for the money he was given,  if all he’s gonna be used as is a gadget guy Somehow he needs to get targets that are currently going to Hollins. Hollins is a backup at best. 

had a bet today on Samuel over/under for catches at 2.5. Took the over and Thought it would be a slam dunk. Sad part is, he actually did have 3 catches , but one was behind Los so it counted as a run. Smh

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

not sure why we decided to go all passive agasint baltimore to start out with.   normally we bring house over and over, maybe because of henry..idk.  but in

the 2nd half we were gettin pressure and having results.   

do we have a D line?.... where was Ed?  where was Von?   I seen Groot in the run game but that was about it.   some good plays from new comers and 

rooks on D.  

how is it no matter what we called....which its really hard to say because the camera never does a down field view most of the time, but few times it did...

we had no one past the line of scrimmage.  anyway....  no matter there was tight coverage yet our secondary left 10-15 yard cushions 

I thought the play calling looked a lot like Dorsey.

some dirty plays from the Ravens.  the fingers to the eyes of kincaid and then humphries slamming josh way after he had gotten rid of the ball.

I thought that should have at least...at the least...been a penalty....  (thanks brady for that  play)

Maybe the 0-line can quit reading its own press clippings and get to work because they got their ass kicked today.  way to many free runners coming after 

Josh.

All in all bad coaching, maybe they took baltimore to lightly during the week.

I'm Glad this happened early in the season.   Its a good wake up call to players and coaches.   wake up and get your ***** together.  

Anyone that says if you have a good offense you dont need any window dressing...i call b.s.   So many of the Ravens offensive play calls had

some type of twist or misdirection or something to get it just a little bit of an edge and it worked.   

Hopefully Brady didnt get Allen killed and he will be ok next week.

Final thoughts...

Bean should get taken to the woodshed for rolling with Bass..I dont care how much history he has with the team..his leg is done.  

might as well just designate some player to play back up qb and have an extra player take trubisky spot...he's worse at qb than bass is as a kicker.

Honestly I saw Ed in a head lock from behind and then just drug away from Lamar from behind by the back collar and jersey... No call on Baltimore's interior line.

His jersey is probably a few sizes bigger now.

Yet Edwards drew the hanky on a hold (which was a legit hold).

I am not a fan of holding calls on interior linemen but if you are going to call it, call it both ways.

Our boys were not completely absent up front, but when Henry or Hill got past them they were running by or over our back 7.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I’m not sure why Samuels was signed for the money he was given,  if all he’s gonna be used as is a gadget guy Somehow he needs to get targets that are currently going to Hollins. Hollins is a backup at best. 

Allen has helped prolong Beane’s career by at least 3 years 

Just now, WideNine said:

Honestly I saw Ed in a head lock from behind and then just drug away from Lamar from behind by the back collar and jersey... No call on Baltimore's interior line.

His jersey is probably a few sizes bigger now.

Yet Edwards drew the hanky on a hold (which was a legit hold).

I am not a fan of holding calls on interior linemen but if you are going to call it, call it both ways.

Our boys were not completely absent up front, but when Henry or Hill got past them they were running by or over our back 7.

Actually I was going to mention that and then forgot.  they showed it during one of the replays.  i was shocked they didnt catch it or saying anything

during the broadcast.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Baltimore was 1-2 and lost to the Raiders and a sketchy looking Chiefs team and almost blew it again a mediocre Dallas. 

The Raiders game will likely go down as the biggest WTF game of the year. Losing to the team widely considered to be the best in the league is not a bad loss. 

Assuming they stay moderately healthy I’ll be surprised if Baltimore is not considered one of the top 3-5 teams in the league by the end of the regular season. Through three weeks we were the best team in the league statistically and Baltimore was still favored tonight. Everyone knows they’re very good. 

Edited by DCOrange

I feel like Babbich either thought we could get pressure with out blitzing or that our 

2ndary would hold up.  Feel like during half time McD probably said hey...time to do something different

we have always played jackson blitz heavy before. 

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

That game reminded me of the 90s when Kelly and co started the year great as usual and then played KC on Monday night. Okoye and Chiefs ran all over them and outmatched them physically for a huge beatdown.

Yep that was a 33 - 6 beat-down in 1991 which was probably the best of our 4 Super Bowl teams. The Bills only had 2 FG's that game and the Chiefs out gained us 397 to 211 yards (info from Sal Maiorana's outstanding book RELENTLESS)

Another bad Super Bowl era beat down was when the Bills lost 23 - 0 to Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 1993.

More recently the Bills lost to the Colts in 2021 at Orchard Park 41 - 15 and a 42 - 16 prime time loss to TN in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

They’re a good team that got off to a slow start to season. Not sure there are great teams anymore. It’s a bunch of good ones and whoever stays healthiest and gets hot at the end wins the SB. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Remember how history shows that McDermott just has those games like wtf?  Why weren’t we prepared?

there it was A probably will happen another 4-5 times this year 

We will certainly have more of these games if our Run D looks like Swiss cheese and we can't get generate any pass rush.  Next week might be that next time.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep that was a 33 - 6 beat-down in 1991 which was probably the best of our 4 Super Bowl teams. The Bills only had 2 FG's that game and the Chiefs out gained us 397 to 211 yards (info from Sal Maiorana's outstanding book RELENTLESS)

Another bad Super Bowl era beat down was when the Bills lost 23 - 0 to Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football in 1993.

More recently the Bills lost to the Colts in 2021 at Orchard Park 41 - 15 and a 42 - 16 prime time loss to TN in 2020.

It's too bad we had to meet up with The Redskins that year. I wish we could have gotten one of the non NFC East teams in the SB, like the Niners. We did actually beat them in a shootout the following year. Just feel like we would have matched up better against them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not entirely upset by that loss. 

The team took a punch and bounced back.  Then Brady self-KO’d our team when to anyone watching, it felt like 17-21 with time still left in the 3rd was inevitable. 

I do think we’re seeing that “everyone eats” might need a counter punch.  

Keon turning into Tee Higgins in the 2nd Half was good to see. 

Brady needs to seriously reflect on the fact he lost us the game tonight.  

McDermott needs have a long hard look at this roster and decide how much longer he wants to keep our 4th string Safety in a starting role. 

Bass is a joke right now and we can’t trust him to make anything over 40 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

I feel like Babbich either thought we could get pressure with out blitzing or that our 

2ndary would hold up.  Feel like during half time McD probably said hey...time to do something different

we have always played jackson blitz heavy before. 

Typical Bills strategy vs Lamar is keep him in the pocket, lane discipline, force him to be a QB. Almost intentionally do not pressure him.

It didn’t work because our LBers, safeties and slot corner are all backups and can’t cover for crap.

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The Raiders game will likely go down as the biggest WTF game of the year. Losing to the team widely considered to be the best in the league is not a bad loss. 

Assuming they stay moderately healthy I’ll be surprised if Baltimore is not considered one of the top 3-5 teams in the league by the end of the regular season. Through three weeks we were the best team in the league statistically and Baltimore was still favored tonight. Everyone knows they’re very good. 

Really? They hadn’t shown it up to now and, even tonight, it was more down to dreadfulness of the Bills than the greatness of the Ravens.

• Agree 1

The last time we got physically beat like this was at home against 5he Colts in 2021. The sky was falling after that game. The Bills fell to 6-4.

Two months later the Bills had a 36-33 lead against KC and looked to be on their way to a Super Bowl.

A month from now this game will be a distant memory.

• Like (+1) 1