9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Keep cheering for McDermott. 

Pick 6 / especially from your own red zone is an extremely low variance play. Yes Lamar made an error. He also got knocked out that play or the very next series. 

Again that’s are two very different teams. McDermott then got smoked at Kc the next week

A low variance play that Lamar literally caused 😂. Like what is this argument lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Unfortunately I dont think they can, hes under contract and what FA available is for sure better than bass? Maybe there is, but no matter what it's dead cap and a possibility of not improving the position.

They already brought guys in a couple of weeks ago,  if he keeps missing kicks you need then they have no choice but to let him go

Just now, <bills4life> said:

I was thinking more of playoff time for a game.  Like frank reich. 

We're decades beyond backups being very relevant in the NFL anymore, imo.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Weirdly enough this could be the best time for this to happen and against the best AFC team for it to be to. Team getting a little inflated after just wrecking local swamp sports enthusiasts is about to wall to wall bulletin material. Just as they start getting critical pieces back. Also silver lining Keon Coleman showed up in this game to, sure he didn't catch that one but for that drive after the Special Ed play Josh seemed to rely on him.

Yeah and Im less worried about the offense, we more beat ourselves there.  And def good to see them go back to Coleman and get the kids confidence up after that drop.  

Coleman was 2 plays away from a monster game.  On the Allen sack, Coleman torched his guy on the outside and was open deep for a TD if Allen doesn’t get sacked.  And then of course the drop.  

If we can just not beat ourselves on offense we will bounce back.  The D concerns me more as they couldn’t tackle, cover, or stop the run tonight.  I think we finally felt the weight of losing Milano, Bernard, and Taron tonight.  

Good news we should get Taron back maybe this week and Bernard either this week or next week.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I remember that Colts game and this made me just as mad.  I'm pretty sure we won't see a game like this for a while. Hopefully, defensive reinforcements are on the way with Taron and Terrel

Hope so. But Bernard is getting close to the injury prone label like milano.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Might it be too drastic to think in terms of Dawkins-McGovern-Anderson-Edwards-Brown? Wait for the bye? Torrence is just awful.

Kinda surprised at how far the offensive line play fell tonight. Been playing so well.

There was a lot of blitzes that definitely caused a lot of issues for the line.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yes it really sucked losing to the Cardinals.

Not even close to the same. Cardinals made plays against us, but this was a complete beat down. 

Josh has led comebacks before, but the team never seems to be able to rebound and pull it off when the chips are really down. We never close out the tough ones. 

Even when we had a "good defense" in the Josh Allen era, they were never really good. Best was probably 2019. 2020 was pretty bad, but our offense made up for it. 2021 was paper tigers and we lost Tre'. 2022 pretty good, but then Von went down, Von being the guy we went out and got to put us over the top! 2023 was devastated by injuries. 2024, more injuries on top of what feels like our weakest defense yet. 

It's just so frustrating. Bad defense is what ruined possibly two SB runs in 2020 and 2021. It's unacceptable. I will give credit to Sean and say he can coach some average players and have them make plays, but looking at teams like KC, Baltimore, San Fran and Pittsburgh, it's depressing.

3 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Samuel hasn't done much in first 4 so far.  I thought he would be big part of the plan on offense with his experience.

I was thinking the same, they paid him and he's not really involved. I'm thinking it's because Shakir is just better at what Samuel does

• Like (+1) 1