9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I like how cincy coach didn’t even get a name 🤣.  Also somehow a pick 6 makes it not count as a bills win? Lol what 

Keep cheering for McDermott. 

Pick 6 / especially from your own red zone is an extremely low variance play. Yes Lamar made an error. He also got knocked out that play or the very next series. 

Again that’s are two very different teams. McDermott then got smoked at Kc the next week

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Nice dumb post. Yes we lose every time to Reid / mahommes in playoffs. Dak?!?! lol that’s not any measuring stick. Lamar had a pick 6 / got knocked out in a windy Covid playoff game. 

They can’t / won’t beat Reid or cicny coach w McDermott. He’s Marty schottenheimer. McClappy 

So that divisional game against the Ravens doesn’t count as a win because of a pick 6?  So they actually lost?

You said we never beat good QB’s and the regular season doesn’t count?

Fine.  Jim Harbaugh can never beat McDermott then.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

As long as he doesn't get anybody hurt, he's irrelevant

I think he gets along well with Allen and Bills also have Mike White.  QB is not the problem on this team,  I'm more concerned with safety and how much longer we can continue with Bass

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

Completely agree, everyone will grab pitch forks for brady but other than the failed trick play it wasn't his fault. 

Browns holding call opening drive was a drive killer. Torrence was a lost and got josh almost killed at least twice, once on a huge 3rd down. Bad drops cause josh to go hero mode.

Hill Shredded our LBs in the passing game, Hamlin was horrible, defense didn't force jackson to win with his arm.

I still can’t get over our starting center getting pulled out of the game on a huge third down and just allowed to re enter later lol. If this game was close I would be heateddddddddd

2 minutes ago, gomper said:

I agree. It's not Pete Carroll in the SB stupid. How could anyone top that? Nonetheless, idiotic call.

Haha when the play call went down I was belligerently referencing that exact same situation. Nothing will ever top that one 

Edited by buffblue

10 minutes ago, Danger Mouse said:

we'll be fine long-term. 

this one just came at us like a train. didn't see it coming. never really got our feet right after the game's first two possessions. 

they exposed us entirely. we'll adapt to that now. hopefully never being quite as weak in those areas. 

that trick play though. man oh man, what the ***** was that. 

miles davis used to say you don't know if a note is out of tune until you play the next one. feel a bit like that with this performance. it's how we react to it that will tell us who we are. everyone gets beaten at some point. if we learn and adapt, it might even make us stronger. 

I get this but I wanted to see this team against top notch competition and the first test was an absolute disaster, the game plan on both sides of the ball were god awful and we didn't even look in the same league as them so to just brush this off as a bad game, I definitely need to see how they fair against the Texans next week. The only good thing is that the Texans don't have any sort of run game now the Mixon is injured but they can pass it all over the field and Nico Collins may be the Derick henry of WR's. 

1 minute ago, gomper said:

I agree. It's not Pete Carroll in the SB stupid. How could anyone top that? Nonetheless, idiotic call.

Circumstances (SB) aside, that trick play was dumber than throwing the ball on 4th and 1.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Derrick Henry is my favorite non-Bill in the NFL.  He has been since he came out of Alabama.    His HoF induction film could be seven minutes of stiff arms … or running over people … or running away from them.

Someone else wrote earlier.   He’s among the best I’ve seen …

Honestly with you. I really hate the Ravens. I really like King Henry and what he is for the game. A real living legend that’s seemingly always been a little

underrated despite eye popping numbers week in and out.

Hes already 11th behind Barry in career rushing TDs after tonight, will likely pass Barry and others soon enough. A legit first ballot in action. Also a head scratcher as to why a defensive genius like McD continuously has zero answers. Nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

Pick 6 / especially from your own red zone is an extremely low variance play. Yes Lamar made an error. He also got knocked out that play or the very next series. 

Again that’s are two very different teams. McDermott then got smoked at Kc the next week

I will continue to cheer for one of the must successful coaches in our history, yes.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, balln said:

13 seconds is even a lower variance so that doesn’t count too right?

Are you really saying this right now?

Just now, Roundybout said:

Can’t Ingram? Swap them over 

You'd be asking him to do something very complicated that he has never practiced.

They might go with another LB instead but we're already starting all backups. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t think the O would have the problems they did.  But it happens.  Brady was bad.  The Oline was bad.  Allen can’t take sacks that turn 30 yard FGs to 45 plus bc Bass is toast.  

This was NOT the matchup to be missing the guys on D we are.