9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Agree with all of this, however a football novice should know not to try a trick play when you have little margin for error and  are already moving the ball with momentum. That play call was almost comically stupid

I agree. It's not Pete Carroll in the SB stupid. How could anyone top that? Nonetheless, idiotic call.

Just now, Simon said:

Coleman was flying up the seam and I think the DBs were caught flatfooted but you couldn't see enough of the field to know for sure.

The whole exchange was fouled up with Samuel hung out to dry against a rusher and Allen having not time to set.

There might have been a TD down there, but ti was still stupid to call it right then.

Agree, needed a better play call for sure.  

Play took way too long to develop playing against a defense that had been in the QB’s face all night. Dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Before that brain dead trick play it sure felt inevitable that the score was about to be 21-17 with 20 minutes left in the game.

Idk wtf Brady was thinking.

I 100% agree, but the fact that we can all tell that confirms to me this team is just smoke and mirrors and too precious.

Personnel and coaching decisions just remove the resilience from the team.  There is no reason for us coming out with soft front vs Baltimore, or not having any solutions on o.

Baltimore sucks protecting the edges on passing and can't cover tight ends, they maul up front 

Their o won't pass outside, they use misdirection every other play 

So we come out doing "what we do" like a one note band.  Billicheck would never just set his guys up to fail like that, having rapp and Hamlin fail miserably while executing this trash.

The trick play was the icing on the s h eye t cake they baked for us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes and no.  I think once we got behind, Josh reverted back a bit to his hero ball.  

I've said a lot.  Learn and move on.  Can't go down by 18 that fast and expect to stick with the gameplan.

Our Dline and Oline let us down tonight.  That's been our strength and main reason for dominating all year.  Simple as that.

Add on some poor playcalling, mainly on D.  We needed to put more pressure on Ravens offense all night.  We stuck with 4 man looks and zero run blitzes for too long.

Completely agree, everyone will grab pitch forks for brady but other than the failed trick play it wasn't his fault. 

Browns holding call opening drive was a drive killer. Torrence was a lost and got josh almost killed at least twice, once on a huge 3rd down. Bad drops cause josh to go hero mode.

Hill Shredded our LBs in the passing game, Hamlin was horrible, defense didn't force jackson to win with his arm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

I get you and agree with you, I think for a lot of us it's just how we lost this one. It was so ugly. I want the team to at least be in it. If we can bounce back next week it will ease a lot of this pain. I feel we either bounce back or go on a freefall. I think I am most concerned about how we looked against a "legit" team, though we had some chances here and there to make it competitive, I guess.

September football. Two new coordinators that got taken to school early and then the game was in the Ravens wheelhouse of running and blitzing. The Bills are still a really good team, bad night imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

But they also had many games where they got rocked, were down big and then showed some resilience and battled back to win.

Every game we start like this, ends like this. It would be nice to overcome adversity once in a while. 

Yes it really sucked losing to the Cardinals.

Just now, The 9 Isles said:

They should have kept cleaning when they dumped all the veterans and followed through with the coaches. 

This is like Marty Shottenhiemer in KC or Marvin Lewis with Cinci or Shula with Miami 

Good but not great. Spinning better wheels while wasting a generational talent. 

Unfortunately, based on the “rebuild” this year with all our dead cap, I think McD has bought himself next season as well barring some horrible collapse. By the time of the earliest regime change though, Josh will be 31 and out of his prime.