9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Derrick Henry is my favorite non-Bill in the NFL.  He has been since he came out of Alabama.    His HoF induction film could be seven minutes of stiff arms … or running over people … or running away from them.

Someone else wrote earlier.   He’s among the best I’ve seen …

Yes… he has been a great player … and has always played well against the Bills 

1 minute ago, ALG1130 said:

y

I have been frustrated with him. I really feel like Josh was his big hit out of the ballpark, but it's been little after that. Just wasting Josh's prime. It's sad.

We continue to lack playmakers outside of Josh. In games against good teams it shows.

KC: Mahomes has Kelce

Balt: Jackson has Henry, R Smith and Hamilton

Cinny: Burrows has Higgins and Chase

Hou: Stroud has Nico, Diggs, etc

Josh has who again?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s one game on a short week, against a good team, on the road, down key players.  I’m. It going to panic, we were never going undefeated.  

However, this is where Babich and Brady need to show they can learn and make the adjustments.  Tonight is what it is…now it’s about how they respond to adversity.  

And one thing I hope Brady learned tonight is you don’t try some gimmicky high risk play when trailing on the road while you have momentum.  You play your game and keep calm and take what the D is giving you as you are again driving.  

Game ended on that dumb play, we never recovered.  

Weirdly enough this could be the best time for this to happen and against the best AFC team for it to be to. Team getting a little inflated after just wrecking local swamp sports enthusiasts is about to wall to wall bulletin material. Just as they start getting critical pieces back. Also silver lining Keon Coleman showed up in this game to, sure he didn't catch that one but for that drive after the Special Ed play Josh seemed to rely on him.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I'm just saying people are crying how bad the defense is letting up so many yards etc. Yes, we've been bad tonight but I'm not close to burying this team.

Oh, I'm not either. Plenty of season to go. But, 200 is embarrassing. I'm sure they'll own it and move on. At least I hope so. 

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s one game on a short week, against a good team, on the road, down key players.  I’m not going to panic, we were never going undefeated.  

However, this is where Babich and Brady need to show they can learn and make the adjustments.  Tonight is what it is…now it’s about how they respond to adversity.  We got smashed in the trenches and that can’t happen.  

And one thing I hope Brady learned tonight is you don’t try some gimmicky high risk play when trailing on the road while you have momentum.  You play your game and keep calm and take what the D is giving you as you are again driving.  

Game ended on that dumb play, we never recovered.  

Agree with all of this, however a football novice should know not to try a trick play when you have little margin for error and are already moving the ball with momentum. That play call was almost comically stupid

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 3

Think I’ve finally hit the 5th phase of grief for this game.

For 17 years all I wanted was for us to make the playoffs and we never did.  Just needed to squeak in and then anything could happen.  Tonight sucks.  But so do the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots.  We just need to get healthy and win our division games.  Anything can happen in the playoffs when you’ve got Josh Allen at QB.