9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Can’t win them all, this was the toughest game of the season.

we were bullied on both sides today.  Reminded me of the Bengals game.  Good for the team to face this now and know the standard we need to reach week in and week out moving forward.

Move on to Houston

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Losses are going to happen. It's the type of loss that bothers me. Super Bowl teams don't get steamrolled like this at any point. It's not just an off game. There are fundamental vulnerabilities that have been exposed.

Our 90’s teams had their share of klunkers in SB years to be sure! 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This was a dumpster fire across the board.  We got punched in the mouth tonight.  Now it’s about how they respond.  Can Babich and Brady make adjustments and be better prepared next week.  

Really hoping we at least get Taron back this week, even better if we bet Bernard too.  

It really was a bad all around game.  I'll throw in two very weak punts, bobble on a returnable punt and the missed FG.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Losses are going to happen. It's the type of loss that bothers me. Super Bowl teams don't get steamrolled like this at any point. It's not just an off game. There are fundamental vulnerabilities that have been exposed.

Didn't the Ravens and Bangles destroy the 49ers last season who were a superbowl team?

i took this season as a semi-rebuild. Newer guys figuring out how to work together, added on with some very early injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

Henry looking like Gullivers Travels out there. Got like seven of our little guys hopping around on him while he lumbers for 9 yards. Embarrassing really, we need LB meat 

He used to carry Edmunds the same way

Got our @zz kicked tonight.  Not the end of the world and plenty of teaching opportunities for our young LBs and safeties.  Josh and Brady have to learn to trust the system and stick to the game plan.  We might be in it right now if not for that stupid play call.  This should get every single player's attention this week.  I expect us to bounce back next week. 

Just now, Nelius said:

Henry looking like Gullivers Travels out there. Got like seven of our little guys hopping around on him while he lumbers for 9 yards. Embarrassing really, we need LB meat 

Our two LBs are out right now.  Milano always played well against Henry, he knew to attack the legs.

Just now, sven233 said:

Look.....we all know this is a long season and we weren't going to win them all.  I think if you would have told us before the season started, we would be 4-2 out of the gate, we would have all signed up for that without thinking twice.  This is a bad loss, but it's not the end of the world.  Suck it up, learn from it, and go beat Houston next week and get back on track.  Then, find a way to get an AFC East win against the Jets and you're 5-1. 

Tonight was a bad night for sure, but it happens.  It will happen again.  Just can't let 1 loss turn into 2 in a row or 3 in a row.

But we are 3 and 1. With 2 tough games upcoming. Could very well be 3 and 3 with 49ers, KC, Lions, Seattle, etc on the schedule. Losing sucks. Getting destroyed is embarrassing but also illuminating...we have a great QB and that's about it.

Terrible coaching and the oline took the night off.

I just can't get over that trick play and how mcclap has Hamlin and rapp in with bishop and other dude on the bench (Ingram?).  Reminds me of Peterman over josh, cook not getting burn, Milano taking a while to start, and Williams being benched in favor of flipping AJ klien's corpse rotting in the divisional round.

He has this mentality that consistently leads to slow small and weak guys playing over better players.  

Just now, gomper said:

Inflated #'s? Last time I checked, they count every yard.

I'm just saying people are crying how bad the defense is letting up so many yards etc. Yes, we've been bad tonight but I'm not close to burying this team.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1