9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, balln said:

Normally I would agree. But we’ve had this coach for 8 years? Hes always come up small against good teams / qbs. These are his coordinators

Yep.  I don’t think we have ever beaten Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Dak Prescott etc….

They always beat us.  We always get slaughtered as well.  We always lose by more than one score too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Danger Mouse said:

we'll be fine long-term. 

this one just came at us like a train. didn't see it coming. never really got our feet right after the game's first two possessions. 

they exposed us entirely. we'll adapt to that now. hopefully never being quite as weak in those areas. 

that trick play though. man oh man, what the ***** was that. 

miles davis used to say you don't know if a note is out of tune until you play the next one. feel a bit like that with this performance. it's how we react to it that will tell us who we are. everyone gets beaten at some point. if we learn and adapt, it might even make us stronger. 

It’s one game on a short week, against a good team, on the road, down key players.  I’m not going to panic, we were never going undefeated.  

However, this is where Babich and Brady need to show they can learn and make the adjustments.  Tonight is what it is…now it’s about how they respond to adversity.  We got smashed in the trenches and that can’t happen.  

And one thing I hope Brady learned tonight is you don’t try some gimmicky high risk play when trailing on the road while you have momentum.  You play your game and keep calm and take what the D is giving you as you are again driving.  

Game ended on that dumb play, we never recovered.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

Look.....we all know this is a long season and we weren't going to win them all.  I think if you would have told us before the season started, we would be 4-2 out of the gate, we would have all signed up for that without thinking twice.  This is a bad loss, but it's not the end of the world.  Suck it up, learn from it, and go beat Houston next week and get back on track.  Then, find a way to get an AFC East win against the Jets and you're 5-1. 

Tonight was a bad night for sure, but it happens.  It will happen again.  Just can't let 1 loss turn into 2 in a row or 3 in a row.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Outside the first run he's run for 107 on 21 carries. A few of those were 20 plus. Inflated numbers. 

Inflated #'s? Last time I checked, they count every yard.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Lots of people disappointed in Hamiln and Bass. I can’t even get to the point of caring about that. Our issues tonight extend well beyond individual players. 

Yeah but certain individuals were absolute ass. Don't forget Torrence. You get paid millions to put yourself out there, compete, and have your efforts judges. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

Ravens are 20-3 in home primetime games under Harbaugh. This was a tough position to be in on a short week for the Bills. We were never gonna go 17-0, just chalk it up to a bad game and move on. It doesn’t happen often for us so it is more jarring, but every team has a bad game here and there.

I get you and agree with you, I think for a lot of us it's just how we lost this one. It was so ugly. I want the team to at least be in it. If we can bounce back next week it will ease a lot of this pain. I feel we either bounce back or go on a freefall. I think I am most concerned about how we looked against a "legit" team, though we had some chances here and there to make it competitive, I guess.

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t care if we need to start the shambling corpse of Coy Wire out there.

Cam Lewis cannot see the field again

Come on, go easy on him. He's only missed like 30 tackles tonight

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

Look.....we all know this is a long season and we weren't going to win them all.  I think if you would have told us before the season started, we would be 4-2 out of the gate, we would have all signed up for that without thinking twice.  This is a bad loss, but it's not the end of the world.  Suck it up, learn from it, and go beat Houston next week and get back on track.  Then, find a way to get an AFC East win against the Jets and you're 5-1. 

Tonight was a bad night for sure, but it happens.  It will happen again.  Just can't let 1 loss turn into 2 in a row or 3 in a row.

Easy win..? Against this jets 😂

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

he demanded to be traded.  How can anyone not see this still.  He is a selfish prick who the bills had to dump and take the dead money hit because he would have been impossible in the locker room. 

Beane restructured him expecting him to stay.  There was obviously behind the scenes moves by diggs to move on and keeping him would have been a major locker room issue.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Then add in the dumb contracts and it’s closer to 70 million wasted.

Yea let’s see. Curtis Samuel was 8 mill? Edwards safety 2.8 mill! (He doesn’t even DRESS!)