9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

We lack LBs, safties, quality WRs. Dline and Oline were owned all night. No one looked good tonight. Some bad coaching as well. Thats what happened. If that's being a crybaby then I'm a crybaby. I don't believe that we are a bad team when healthy. This should be a wake up call for who we are this year. A good to above ave team that can win any game but will get punched in the mouth just as easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Welp I think I'm calling it a night boys. I have no ambition to watch anymore of this game.  I knew this game would be a dog fight but I expected a closer game.  I expect we will get back on track next week. We were never going to win them all. I really wanted this one though.

Losses are going to happen. It's the type of loss that bothers me. Super Bowl teams don't get steamrolled like this at any point. It's not just an off game. There are fundamental vulnerabilities that have been exposed.

• Like (+1) 2

Ravens are 20-3 in home primetime games under Harbaugh. This was a tough position to be in on a short week for the Bills. We were never gonna go 17-0, just chalk it up to a bad game and move on. It doesn’t happen often for us so it is more jarring, but every team has a bad game here and there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yes and no.  I think once we got behind, Josh reverted back a bit to his hero ball.  

I've said a lot.  Learn and move on.  Can't go down by 18 that fast and expect to stick with the gameplan.

Our Dline and Oline let us down tonight.  That's been our strength and main reason for dominating all year.  Simple as that.

Add on some poor playcalling, mainly on D.  We needed to put more pressure on Ravens offense all night.  We stuck with 4 man looks and zero run blitzes for too long.

I guess he could have just diluted and taken the sack a few times.

Just now, balln said:

Normally I would agree. But we’ve had this coach for 8 years? Hes always come up small against good teams / qbs. These are his coordinators

He has owned Lamar Jackson historically. Tonight wasn't their night. They completely were physical upfront and their gameplan to expose our back 7 which is currently playing 3 backups, a 4th who went out with a concussion, and a guy who is a starter who shouldn't be(Hamlin) showed tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I remember sitting through a terrible MNF game at 3Rivers in 1993 as a 15 yr old, watching the 90’s elite Bills get taken to the woodshed by the Steelers for a 0-23 final score…but we still came back to the Super Bowl that year!! 

I remember that game! How about the MNF massacre in KC in 1991?  Lost 33-6. I think Kelly was sacked like 6 times.

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I remember sitting through a terrible MNF game at 3Rivers in 1993 as a 15 yr old, watching the 90’s elite Bills get taken to the woodshed by the Steelers for a 0-23 final score…but we still came back to the Super Bowl that year!! 

Same at kc one year.  Like 33-6.  And we still went to the bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

Flush this one and begin focusing on Houston. Get everyone else out of here healthy as it’s week 4. It sucks but a good wake up call for the entire organization!  Too much bad all around to list everything! 

We didn’t look ready to go, game plan was atrocious, fought back and then Brady lost his mind. Game over!

Our secondary is far too timid tackling Henry. Hamlin is solid when he can play 20 yards deep. Not so much in run support. Hopefully Rapp is back and hope Edwards is active next week.

Beat Houston and get to 4-1. 

• Like (+1) 1

y

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Kudos to Brandon beane. He's a wizard!!

I have been frustrated with him. I really feel like Josh was his big hit out of the ballpark, but it's been little after that. Just wasting Josh's prime. It's sad.

• Thank you (+1) 1