9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, they were doing it right off the bat.

The Bills have made minimal effort to take advantage of the space it creates.

Brady with a poor effort making adjustments that were apparent early

Yes and no.  I think once we got behind, Josh reverted back a bit to his hero ball.  

I've said a lot.  Learn and move on.  Can't go down by 18 that fast and expect to stick with the gameplan.

Our Dline and Oline let us down tonight.  That's been our strength and main reason for dominating all year.  Simple as that.

Add on some poor playcalling, mainly on D.  We needed to put more pressure on Ravens offense all night.  We stuck with 4 man looks and zero run blitzes for too long.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

The Ravens are running the exact defense I wanted us to run tonight.  They are blitzing all the time.  They are sending corners off the edge and are just getting untouched rushers in Allen's face every play.  I was thinking we would do the same, but with run blitzing our corners instead.  Not sure I have seen us run one of those run blitzes yet. 

Just terrible coaching.

It's much easier to blitz like crazy when your up 18. The defense has no fear and you can tee off. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair. For me it was just the game plan. Babich coming out in 2 deep safeties/nickel against Baltimore was ridiculous. Brady didn't have it.

Plus in the trenches, that's where the game was lost in my opinion . Bills have injuries, but none on the D line and O line

I don't disagree with any of that.

It was a gutless defense in the first half and they paid for it against a well-coached offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's been good discussion and I wouldn't mind seeing it still going, but I don;'t want it turning into a screech fest right now.

It will open up again tomorrow when we're all less stupid. :lol:

I think it will take a few days for this stupidity to wear off honestly 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

I remember sitting through a terrible MNF game at 3Rivers in 1993 as a 15 yr old, watching the 90’s elite Bills get taken to the woodshed by the Steelers for a 0-23 final score…but we still came back to the Super Bowl that year!! 

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

60 million Dead cap has handcuffed us big time

Courtesy of McBean….What a stupid decision to trade Diggs and leave no space to improve the team.  I hope this game is a kick in the a$$ to both of them to change their decision making criteria

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Overall, I'm not super worried. This was a bad, bad game - but the Ravens were much more desperate than we were.  I can see a game where our 1st drive doesn't stall and it's at least close the rest of the way.

If the Texans beat us next week, then I'll be concerned.

Do you agree with me then?   

• Like (+1) 1

This feels like a coaching loss. Baltimore was ready for us, and we were not ready for them. 

Momentum is huge, Henry crowned himself on the first play and set the tone. 

The players look sloppy and aren't executing.  

It's a snowball game. They better eat their humble pie and get back to work 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Tyler Bass is the 11th highest paid kicker, Dawson Knox is the 13 highest paid TE, Von Miller is the 13th highest paid edge rusher.... Brutal.

its not great but lets also not pretend that 11th best paid kicker means anything to the 53 other than being too stubborn to address it now, unfortunately 

the Knox deal bugs me because we knew the guy. He was in house and we aggressively replaced him quickly. Just frustrating to give a modest overlay just to bench the guy instead of spending picks to get a WR 

the miller deal was going to be uncomfortable at some point. A real bummer luck made it so quickly