9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

we'll be fine long-term. 

this one just came at us like a train. didn't see it coming. never really got our feet right after the game's first two possessions. 

they exposed us entirely. we'll adapt to that now. hopefully never being quite as weak in those areas. 

that trick play though. man oh man, what the ***** was that. 

miles davis used to say you don't know if a note is out of tune until you play the next one. feel a bit like that with this performance. it's how we react to it that will tell us who we are. everyone gets beaten at some point. if we learn and adapt, it might even make us stronger. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Ralonzo said:

They've been getting away all year with how ***** Torrence has been, since Game 1 of preseason. It's not gonna run against the top. Can you imaging Chris Jones lining up against that fat can of Dinty Moore

Jones would feast no doubt. We still haven’t solved Matt Judon, Jones is god tier.

Defintiely seems like one of those deep rooted McD issues when a normally functional group under Kromer just shells up like this. Kromer gets the blame too of course, but he has the whole success elsewhere thing that ultimately drives it home to McDermott. Clearly McD’s team that turns to paste in these moments.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

It was a ***** game, I get the frustration but I said to my wife tonight before the game, eventually the Bills are going to be brought back down to reality and tonight was that night. It will allow them to refocus for next week. They ran into a hungry team who wanted to prove themselves tonight. No one needs to be fired or benched for one loss. It happens sometimes. Hopefully we continue to get healthy and if we get another crack at the Ravens down the road, I fully expect a better effort.

Normally I would agree. But we’ve had this coach for 8 years? Hes always come up small against good teams / qbs. These are his coordinators

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

every week is matchups.  Records mean nothing when the game is played.

Next week Buffalo plays a team with a qb who likes to hold the ball and can not really move and has some weak spots on their O-Line.  Totally different game.

this is a really tough game for buffalo when they are healthy, with backups in it is a really difficult matchup.

Baltimore does this every year to people because they have one of fastest running backs in the league playing qb.

I feel like I said the dinner tonight was overcooked and you replied that at least it’s not raining.  

Bills have been embarrassed tonight. They looked unprepared on the coaching level and the players were not focussed. They dont match up well with the Ravens, it was always going to be tough but both Brady and Babich called abysmal game plans that put the team in a worse situation and they made no serious adjustments until it was too late. A really bad night. Reminds me of long ago SBs.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Taron Johnson for Cam Lewis is worth a TD or more by itself, imo.

Then Milano and Bernard for Spector (who's been horrid) and Williams (who has struggled also) are a significant difference with their smarts, spacing, faster reads and better athletes.

Subbing in Cole Bishop for Hamlin is a difference maker too.

I think this would probably be a 23-20 game if we're at full strength.

And I'll take Josh over Lamar in that kind of 4th qrtr

Yea I don’t think people realize how bad some of these third stringer type guys are…everyone says imagine what the chiefs will do to these guys…they had aj klein in a meaningful role on defense against them and won by 3

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Woulda really liked to see where this game went had Brady not called that stupid fen truck play… That’s the worst I’ve ever seen… Man I can’t stop thinking about that stupid trick play

If that would have seriously hurt Allen it's a fireable play call imo

3 minutes ago, henry jones said:

I hope they keep Henry and Lamar in the game.  If they score 55, who cares.  Also a chance they get injured, which would be a big hope!!

I really want henry to sit! I was up 65 points in fantasy today, he’s gotten 35 this game…

We both have guys playing tomorrow night, so..

Edited by davefan66