9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, RousseauRage said:

He needs to learn to to read the defense quicker and find the open guy, assuming there is one. Whether that's on him or needing better scheme I dunno but taing way too many hits.

Feel he is good at seeing the open guy. Tough to see on the small screen.

He’s hurried tonight for sure and I feel the receivers are not getting separation.

Allen didn't outplay Jackson at all but Jackson hasn't played an amazing game by any account. He has had 2 great throws. The rest were to wide open targets with no one of them. Floating it to targets, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

@Simon @BuffaloBill

Feel free to delete my WR thread, these guys are ******* brutal

It's been good discussion and I wouldn't mind seeing it still going, but I don;'t want it turning into a screech fest right now.

It will open up again tomorrow when we're all less stupid. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rew said:

Not sure how you can criticize receivers with the way the line is playing tonight.  And not primarily about individual execution.  Way too much protection confusion.

Yeah both our lines crapd the bed tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

every week is matchups.  Records mean nothing when the game is played.

Next week Buffalo plays a team with a qb who likes to hold the ball and can not really move and has some weak spots on their O-Line.  Totally different game.

this is a really tough game for buffalo when they are healthy, with backups in it is a really difficult matchup.

Baltimore does this every year to people because they have one of fastest running backs in the league playing qb.

Agree this match up more like Henry and Jackson. Came in thinking Bills kypo night. But Brady screwed everything up though with momentum by being cute. Pulling a inner daboll 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

They've been getting away all year with how ***** Torrence has been, since Game 1 of preseason. It's not gonna run against the top. Can you imaging Chris Jones lining up against that fat can of Dinty Moore

He was slightly better against the Jags but they had quit before the kick off. Agree bad in the other two and bad tonight after a bad pre-season. Not going well.

Just now, Simon said:

Taron Johnson for Cam Lewis is worth a TD or more by itself, imo.

Then Milano and Bernard for Spector (who's been horrid) and Williams (who has struggled also) are a significant difference with their smarts, spacing, faster reads and better athletes.

Subbing in Cole Bishop for Hamlin is a difference maker too.

I think this would probably be a 23-20 game if we're at full strength.

And I'll take Josh over Lamar in that kind of 4th qrtr

Fair. For me it was just the game plan. Babich coming out in 2 deep safeties/nickel against Baltimore was ridiculous. Brady didn't have it.

Plus in the trenches, that's where the game was lost in my opinion . Bills have injuries, but none on the D line and O line

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

It's been good discussion and I wouldn't mind seeing it still going, but I don;'t want it turning into a screech fest right now.

Tomorrow??

1 minute ago, Neo said:

October 7, 1991.   Monday Night Football.    My daughter was born earlier in the day.   I sped home from Children’s and got in for the kickoff!

She’s a mom, herself, now … and the days go by, water running underground ….

Thank you for the date. I remember watching this game in the basement with my dad and brother. We were all mortified. The chant the fans do did not help, but I do remember how Bills fans got revenge in the divisional game and did the stupid chant. I did not know what to expect going into that game, but was not expecting that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

Less?  

9 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Embarrassing effort all around...

Hope they got it all out of their system... The Bills can talk about being a physical football team all they want... They got thrown around like rag dolls in this one...

It's only one game... But this is a gut punch to the ego... Just out played, out coached, out executed, out classed... You name it...

This was a dumpster fire across the board.  We got punched in the mouth tonight.  Now it’s about how they respond.  Can Babich and Brady make adjustments and be better prepared next week.  

Really hoping we at least get Taron back this week, even better if we bet Bernard too.  

• Like (+1) 1