9/29/2024 Bills at Ravens 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, sven233 said:

The Ravens are running the exact defense I wanted us to run tonight.  They are blitzing all the time.  They are sending corners off the edge and are just getting untouched rushers in Allen's face every play.  I was thinking we would do the same, but with run blitzing our corners instead.  Not sure I have seen us run one of those run blitzes yet. 

Just terrible coaching.

I really do feel that long run changed our gameplan and the players didn’t recover.

Ravens have not been this good all year.

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

I don’t see criticism of a WR corps that is clearly getting b**chslapped by a bad secondary 

Not sure how you can criticize receivers with the way the line is playing tonight.  And not primarily about individual execution.  Way too much protection confusion.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you think it would have been a difference if they had their full Defence? I don't personally.

Game plan was just awful all around on both sides of the ball, plus got bullied in the trenches by 

Taron Johnson for Cam Lewis is worth a TD or more by itself, imo.

Then Milano and Bernard for Spector (who's been horrid) and Williams (who has struggled also) are a significant difference with their smarts, spacing, faster reads and better athletes.

Subbing in Cole Bishop for Hamlin is a difference maker too.

I think this would probably be a 23-20 game if we're at full strength.

And I'll take Josh over Lamar in that kind of 4th qrtr

It was a ***** game, I get the frustration but I said to my wife tonight before the game, eventually the Bills are going to be brought back down to reality and tonight was that night. It will allow them to refocus for next week. They ran into a hungry team who wanted to prove themselves tonight. No one needs to be fired or benched for one loss. It happens sometimes. Hopefully we continue to get healthy and if we get another crack at the Ravens down the road, I fully expect a better effort.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can’t handle a blitz on max protect . My god. The coaches are middling. Middling. They will never out coach the top 4 teams coaches. Shanny, Reid, Harbaugh , O’Connell / Lafleur

its just that simple. And it’s super critical. Bc our roster isn’t good

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

Crowd was quiet.  Ravens were up, but frustrated.  We were driving and the score was 21-10.

Then Josh Allen lined up at WR

I can't get over this.  The Ravens were reeling.  The bills were driving.   Completely unnecessary and out of place

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

1-2 team = hungry.    Find anything and everything and eat it up.  

3-0 team with all their fans loving the new power rankings = looking for something to eat but won’t eat just anything.   

Hopefully this team gets hungry for Texans

Overall, I'm not super worried. This was a bad, bad game - but the Ravens were much more desperate than we were.  I can see a game where our 1st drive doesn't stall and it's at least close the rest of the way.

If the Texans beat us next week, then I'll be concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

I’d like to see the ravens put it on cruise control. 

Feel they are just going to feed 22.

I hope they keep Henry and Lamar in the game.  If they score 55, who cares.  Also a chance they get injured, which would be a big hope!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

"Beane, your receivers were questionable coming into the season and you just watched it catch up to you. Mack Hollins is your starting outside WR. That can't be a good look for you.

Who would you have liked us to get? 

NFL script writers are rejoicing tonight.  After 3 weeks of Allen proving he could make it work with anyone, this game happens and the narrative all week leading up to the Diggs Texans game will be “maybe Allen does need Diggs”

• Agree 1

A humbling night all around. The coaching staff has been awesome. They were atrocious tonight. The OL had a rough night. The pass catchers are bad. They’re going to have to make a move. Bass probably needs to be replaced. The LBs had a bad night. Even still, if you told me that the Bills would be 3-1 through 4 games, I would have signed up for that. Need to win 1 of the next 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Tyler Bass is the 11th highest paid kicker, Dawson Knox is the 13 highest paid TE, Von Miller is the 13th highest paid edge rusher.... Brutal.

60 million Dead cap has handcuffed us big time