How good would previous Bills QB’s have been with this current roster

Bills!Win!

Since the 2nd half of the Arizona game our team has been on fire. As I sit here I can’t help but have PTSD from night games of years past. 

I have flashbacks of Bledsoe playing at Miami and New England and just getting strip sacked by Bruschi, Seymour and Jason Taylor in his statuesque manner 

I have flooding memories of JP Losman throwing interceptions right into the hands of Tully Banta-Cain when we are down 37 points 

I have nightmares of E.J. Manuel and Trent Edwards looking so average and barely being able to complete 5 yard check downs

i have painful feelings of Fitzpatrick and Taylor lighting it up for a few games and then coming back down to earth and playing terrible on Thursday nights 

I have a bad feeling about tonight’s game. Is it just PTSD from bad QB play? I keep having terrible visions of Allen getting thrown around like a ragdoll and having the ravens D-line devour him

This made me think of something - How would our former QBs do on this current roster? Is it Josh Allen that is making us win this year, do we actually have a solid roster, or is it a solid chemistry of both? 

Edited by Bills!Win!

• Bills!Win! changed the title to How good would previous Bills QB’s have been with this current roster
26 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Since the 2nd half of the Arizona game our team has been on fire. As I sit here I can’t help but have PTSD from night games of years past. 

I have flashbacks of Bledsoe playing at Miami and New England and just getting strip sacked by Bruschi, Seymour and Jason Taylor in his statuesque manner 

I have flooding memories of JP Losman throwing interceptions right into the hands of Tully Banta-Cain when we are down 37 points 

I have nightmares of E.J. Manuel and Trent Edwards looking so average and barely being able to complete 5 yard check downs

i have painful feelings of Fitzpatrick and Taylor lighting it up for a few games and then coming back down to earth and playing terrible on Thursday nights 

I have a bad feeling about tonight’s game. Is it just PTSD from bad QB play? I keep having terrible visions of Allen getting thrown around like a ragdoll and having the ravens D-line devour him

This made me think of something - How would our former QBs do on this current roster? Is it Josh Allen that is making us win this year, do we actually have a solid roster, or is it a solid chemistry of both? 

Wait so you have a bad feeling about this game because JP Losman threw an interception? Holy crap dude, you need to be able to move on 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I definitely think Josh adds a few points to our WR and OL, they aren’t as good as he makes them look.

I think prime Fitz and Tyrod run this offense fine, but neither are in the same league as Allen. 

I think that this is fair. There are levels to the previous QBs:

Average/Decent NFL starters: Flutie, Tyrod & Fitz

Decent but scared: Orton

8 good games played: Bledsoe

Some talent that very rarely made a difference: Losman, Rob Johnson, EJ

Below average game manager: Holcomb, Thad Lewis, Barkley

Scared to play: Edwards

not worth discussing: Anderson, Kolb, Collins, AVP, Brohm, Tuel, Cassel, 

Worst player in franchise history: Peterman

• Haha (+1) 2

It’s the rare occasion I disagree with Gunner, but I think this team would be 0.500 without Allen. He is the catalyst. He is the glue. 

Even the defense would play worse with a Tyrod or Fitz. You see defenses quit every week in the NFL because their offense has no fire.

Allen is the cog in this machine. Let’s not pretend like we have such a talented roster that we would win with average QB play. We don’t. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If Brian Brohm was given a fair chance the Bills would have won multiple Super Bowls and cut the NE/Bill/Brady era in half. Pollution would be at an all time low. We would have flying cars by now.

And this should have followed the Manucci era dominance we had enjoyed.

Outside of Allen, Kelly and Ferguson, the NFL Bills don’t have a single QB really worth discussing, except maybe Taylor in this offense.  

Since the merger all playoff appearances were directed by those three except Taylor one year and Flutie twice (except Rob Johnson had to start in 1999).  

The rest have all been a giant pile of bat guano.  

I actually think Fitz would be better now than he was when he played.  He was always a more cerebral quarterback than the guy that had the most athleticism.  He also had that "try hard" gene that sets some quarterbacks apart from others and can singlehandedly win games.  He also struggled with risk evaluation and could singlehandedly lose games (as has Josh at times).  With the way our line is playing and the whole offense is bought into doing their jobs and being in the right place at the right time he would absolutely have a winning record with us this year.  I'd see Fitz as a 9-12 win team this year with Allen a 10-14.  Floor is closer than ceiling.

I think Fitz/Gailey would’ve done well. We’re playing so well right now because Allen is playing flawlessly. If Josh was throwing picks or going 3 and out instead of scoring on every drive, our D would be on the field much more and warts would start to appear. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Other than Kelly, those other QBs would have been under 500%, with the exception of Flutie. He was elusive and productive. He might have been successful with this roster. Kelly’s release was quick and that’s what Brady’s offense is designed to feature.

Kelly 3-0  Flutie 2-1       the rest 2-1   1-2  but the games would of been a struggle. 

Jim Kelly is the only QB we would be 3-0   Pre Jim Kelly?  Fergy, 2-1   rest is before my years

• Agree 1