Central Arkansas vs Lamar University

gonzo1105

I dont expect this to get a lot of attention but since I moved to Arkansas, I live 15 minutes from the University of Central Arkansas vs Lamar. UCA was ranked # 8 in the FCS and Lamar was ranked # 19 so a pair of top 20 teams in the subdivision.

Central Arkansas won the game 34-14 but wanted to share some observations on 3 guys I really liked in the game as possible draft/UDFA signings for the 2025 Draft.

All 3 of these players are on Central Arkansas's roster

- David Walker DE/LB UCA listed at 6'2 260 pounds. Walker was clearly the best player on the field. It was my first time ever hearing of him and I really liked what I saw from him on the field. I don't think he is 6'2 by the way 6'0 and some change or maybe 6'1. Short stocky build but has good acceleration and gets off the football but I was just as impressed with his play in the run game. Looked at the stat sheet after the game and looks like he had 7 tackles 2 for a loss and 1 sack tonight.

I then went to look up his career stats and I was like Wowzers. 145 Tackles , 50.5 TFL, and 27 Sacks. Two time FCS All American. Looks to be a solid Day 3 pick next year if he doesn't test horribly.

-ShunDerrick Powell RB UCA listed at 5'9 180 pounds. If Walker was the best player on the field, Powell was clearly the 2nd best player. He is not 5'9 and 180 pounds. I'd venture 5'7 and maybe 170 but dude is remarkably strong for his size and is a very quick sudden running back in the ground game. Ran 25 times for 178 and 2 TD's tonight. Was a transfer from North Alabama where he ran for 1,500 yards as a sophomore and then came to Central Arkansas where he ran for 1,000 before despite getting hurt. Has rushed for nearly 650 yards in 4 games so far as a senior. Was an All American at UNA and will most likely be an All American this year as well. I would expect him to be a UDFA who goes off in the preaseason and everyone is like who the hell is this guy.

- Darius Hale RB UCA listed at 5'11 225 pounds. He was Powell's 1B and as you can tell UCA loves to run the football. He looked a legit 5'11 225 to me as he has a very physical in between the tackles runner. He had 19 Carries for 96 Yards and a 1 TD tonight. Most of his best production was as a Freshmen and Sophomore before Powell got there but he is very nice compliment to Powell. I think he's also a UDFA guy and could make a roster as a practice squad guy.

I didn't think Lamar had an NFL type prospect in my opinion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Clearly no one cares. 

But where in Arkansas did you move? I drive through there often on my way to Oxford, MS from S. Oklahoma. My youngest daughter is a Senior at Ole Miss. Just drove back through yesterday. I usually stop and stay in Clarksville on my way east.