Hurricane Helene

Just now, TH3 said:

Germanys mistake was ditching nuclear and having one source for fossil fuels…Russia.

AFA renewables vs climate ….we are now living the choice

Germany's mistake is putting the objectives of US policy ahead of the needs of German economy and its people.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

It’s you’re free speech right to tell em to shut up, and mine to ignore you.

Your

While I won't tell you to pick up a book, I advise picking up weights. That way when you cant win an argument with words you at least have a chance in a fight.

...see. That's how you do a fun insult. 😘

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Germany's mistake is putting the objectives of US policy ahead of the needs of German economy and its people.

No, it was closing the nuclear plants

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

That's not fun though. If you're gonna say that you gotta make it fun and colorful. Not mean.

So, maybe... I suggest "close your airhole before cause more global warming because the methane you're producing is a global threat.  Your mouth is dangerous."

"Close your mouth, blow it out your rectum. At least that way the stuff you share can be used as compost."

"Use the words your mouth makes to make music because at least that way it would sound good. Can you hold a beat?"

All y'all way too serious.

We’re all too serious. Cool Francis.

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

Your

While I won't tell you to pick up a book, I advise picking up weights. That way when you cant win an argument with words you at least have a chance in a fight.

...see. That's how you do a fun insult. 😘

I blame Siri for all typos. But yea, good burn, you should have been here for the patriot one, good times 🙃

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

We’re all too serious. Cool Francis.

Even when I sound mad or you think I'm serious or mad or mean anything beyond topical bull#### banter... I am not serious. I guess you'd have to meet me to see that. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, it was closing the nuclear plants

That was a mistake. But electricity and natural gas and other fossil fuels are not 100% interchangeable sources of energy for things like industrial use and home heating applications. Their mistake was not saying boo when NordStream2 was blown up. It was an act of terrorism and war against Germany. And it wasn't some Ukrainian diving team working off a yacht ill-equipped to handle such a dive that carried out that operation. It decimated industry dependent on low cost gas that has been replaced by 3-4x more costly LNG. The reality is Germany operates as a vassal state to Washington, as does most of Europe. American's think they're our allies, they're our servants.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

likely lower than what current and future devastation will cost.  The brits have a saying:  "I'm all right Jack, pull up the ladder".  Future gens are f'ed but we've lived good lives...such is the M.O. of MAGA.

This is absolutely wrong about who/what is causing the potential calamity, but no surprise there...

• Like (+1) 1

It's a good time to pay attention to the tolerant lefties saying the people of that area deserved this.  The voices promoting federalism, then saying the feds should only help Dems with their next breath.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It'll be much longer than 72 hours.  There are towns 50 miles from Damascus still without power.  Almost all the homes and biz in Damascus will need to be demolished and rebuilt.  No way to plan for this

50 miles is nothing … 70% of Greenville, SC has no power.   The scope of this storm is unbelievable. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It's a good time to pay attention to the tolerant lefties saying the people of that area deserved this.  The voices promoting federalism, then saying the feds should only help Dems with their next breath.  

In case you didn’t realize it, we’re mocking your hypocrisy and your circlejerk of “small government” going away once you actually need stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BACK to the Thread:

This is how you roll. Show the largesse of a few wealthy powerful R’s who want more power while the regular MAGAs complain about lack of aid. 

50 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Show me where anyone said that. Liar. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1,000 people reported unaccounted for in North Carolina county hit hardest by Hurricane Helene

by Jared Downing

More than 1,000 people have been reported unaccounted for in a devastated North Carolina county where 30 people have already been confirmed dead after Hurricane Helene, officials said Sunday. Authorities in Buncombe County reported the horrifying toll in an emergency meeting announcing emergency medical shelters and ongoing rescue efforts in areas almost overwhelmed by stormwater. They also announced a special website to appeal for help finding those unaccounted for — with “more than 1,000 reports so far,” one local official told the live-streamed meeting.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/29/us-news/hurricane-helene-leaves-1000-people-unaccounted-for-in-hardest-hit-north-carolina-county/

• Agree 1

Back to the thread.

Fact is, FEMA aid has long been inadequate if not gone in times of natural disaster affecting Americans in part because of the amount of FEMA cash now being used to feed, transport, and house illegals:

Some $640 million has gone for their care and feeding, while Lahaina's residents, who lost their homes in the flames, had to make due with a piddly $700 a pop, and that was all they were gettin,' as they were subsequently told, to use the language Biden might use.

This disaster is quite a bit bigger, spanning an 800-mile trail of destruction across 10 highly populated states. If FEMA couldn't help the Hawaiians who lost their homes on one small island, how are they going to help the victims of total disaster stretching across that much of the U.S., including isolated towns in places like western North Carolina?

Yet nothing comes before illegals in this Harris-Biden administration. Money that should be spent on natural disaster victims is now going to victims of artificially goosed disasters whose participants had a hand in their own decision to cross into the U.S. illegally on the expectation that they would be handed better benefit packages courtesy of the U.S. taxpayer.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/09/kamala_s_katrina.html

• Like (+1) 1