Hurricane Helene

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Thoughts and prayers …. Too early to talk about global warming but never too early to try to make it political 

and in case i wasn't clear, yeah... i 100% know a lot more going on about this than you do because i am here, have friends and know a lot of people involved in this. miles long of cars bumper to bumper at statesville and hickory airports to drop off anything. rigged parachutes to drop supplies in by any means necessary. watching any organization around gather water bottles and more to send up. having friends send us texts "hey, we're ok." having a friend send a video of a house floating by, her neighbors on top of it and never seen again... that's the stuff not making the news. that's the stuff ignored because the nazis in Ukraine want money, or Hamas/Hezbollah/the Cancer attacked Israel, or orangeman bad...

2 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

An unstable jet stream trapped and squeezed the moisture between it and the mountains dropping it all at once. 

climate change isn’t political, climate change is the result of political choices.

how could republicans have changed the amount of polution in china? how could we have changed this result when we only discovered global warming climate change 30 years ago?

seriously, you make yourself out to be the fool you are with such posts like this. go get on your soap box and preach...and when you're done jump off head first and spare us and humanity your stupidity.

and don't forget to apologize to your parents for disappointing them.

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Lololo The “msm” and climatologists have saying for decades this would start happening…and you callled it a Hoax….And now your whining because your not getting enough press after climate disasters happen in a red state ….ffs desantis outlawed the term climate change.  WTAF

you're not even a real person. lol

lol

lol

desantis recovered faster than pooper cooper.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

the feds are the state are the gov to me... the state and up aren't doing anything.

damascus isn't western nc. there was a 100k race there this past weekend just fine.

spare me your heavy d stuff. if you want to play partisan bs right now and think it's about politics it isn't. this is simply a failure by the state and feds.

nc didn't do anything until it was late. the feds didn't start moving until monday morning.

the locals are doing more than anyone.

so spare me your seeing pictures, talking to people on the internet. this is one of the biggest failures since katrina. everyone made george bush own this. it's time your girl owns it. 

your heavy D... take it down your throat buddy.

I'm responding to NC and SC making this political.  and you saying this

38 minutes ago, boyst said:

maybe if Western NC denounced America they'd get Biden and the liberals attention...😂

Such bs.  But yes, locals are picking up the slack where possible.  Our local Rotary clubs are planning practical and financial assistance.  Many other community groups will be involved but right now there's no way to get there.  United Way is coordinating aid for SW Va..  Helicopters are flying over my house frequently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

and in case i wasn't clear, yeah... i 100% know a lot more going on about this than you do because i am here, have friends and know a lot of people involved in this. miles long of cars bumper to bumper at statesville and hickory airports to drop off anything. rigged parachutes to drop supplies in by any means necessary. watching any organization around gather water bottles and more to send up. having friends send us texts "hey, we're ok." having a friend send a video of a house floating by, her neighbors on top of it and never seen again... that's the stuff not making the news. that's the stuff ignored because the nazis in Ukraine want money, or Hamas/Hezbollah/the Cancer attacked Israel, or orangeman bad...

Oh. Don’t worry I get it. When a school gets lit up by a gunman with an assault rifle and the families try to make the world better…puds like you tell them to eat crap…don’t take my gun libtard!

now u got your own disaster the cause of which “liberals” and you know “elites” have been warning you about for decades and guys like you told them to eff off.

Now you your cryin because you don’t think the govt or the msm media…your sworn enemies are helping you enough…

I understand perfectly

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

the feds are the state are the gov to me... the state and up aren't doing anything.

damascus isn't western nc. there was a 100k race there this past weekend just fine.

spare me your heavy d stuff. if you want to play partisan bs right now and think it's about politics it isn't. this is simply a failure by the state and feds.

nc didn't do anything until it was late. the feds didn't start moving until monday morning.

the locals are doing more than anyone.

so spare me your seeing pictures, talking to people on the internet. this is one of the biggest failures since katrina. everyone made george bush own this. it's time your girl owns it. 

your heavy D... take it down your throat buddy.

nothing anyone says is good enough for you. Good to see you are just super angry and it’s not me. I haven’t seen any of the ‘Dems’ making it political, instead it seems that they are trying to stop lies and the felon using it to be political. And the misinformation that the governor and feds aren’t doing anything. It doesn’t mean locals should be involved, quite the opposite.

it is good that locals are helping each other. Small rural communities need to realize they may be on their own for 72 hours and plan accordingly. 

but your anger and judgement, seems like something else. Do you think the feds and the state are actively trying to cause suffering? I mean really is that what you think? People discuss things and it is all vitriol and righteousness that no one else can know anything about this but you. And the gross personal insults. Weird.

do you think we are happy this happened? That it is effecting fellow Americans. They may support people who want to cut their funding, but that doesn’t mean they should not get assistance. I really don’t understand. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm responding to NC and SC making this political.  and you saying this

Such bs.  But yes, locals are picking up the slack where possible.  Our local Rotary clubs are planning practical and financial assistance.  Many other community groups will be involved but right now there's no way to get there.  United Way is coordinating aid for SW Va..  Helicopters are flying over my house frequently.

Clearly you can't take even a joke about how politics matters when it actually comes to boots on the ground. In times of crisis I guaran*****ingtee not one person stops to ask who someone voted for because that is when, for most people, true character shows.

The people going up there without a doubt are across the board all sorts of things. Your claim that getting boots on the ground is impossible. No, it's not at all. The US government has access to technology beyond that of the smallest folks. That Elon musk found out from Trump associates where supplies are needed is incredible. These trump associates are community organizers on the ground who work with the campaign. They got word to him because they are in these communities. The starlink units are being sent to Greg Biffle, a NASCAR driver. He will be using his personal helicopter and other he owns with pilot friends to fly them in...

Yet, FEMA is where exactly? Roy Cooper is unknown. The likely gov Josh Stein is campaigning at the coast. Mark Robinson is derping on a stump somewhere trying to salvage his campaign.

Locals make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

nothing anyone says is good enough for you. Good to see you are just super angry and it’s not me. I haven’t seen any of the ‘Dems’ making it political, instead it seems that they are trying to stop lies and the felon using it to be political. And the misinformation that the governor and feds aren’t doing anything. It doesn’t mean locals should be involved, quite the opposite.

it is good that locals are helping each other. Small rural communities need to realize they may be on their own for 72 hours and plan accordingly. 

but your anger and judgement, seems like something else. Do you think the feds and the state are actively trying to cause suffering? I mean really is that what you think? People discuss things and it is all vitriol and righteousness that no one else can know anything about this but you. And the gross personal insults. Weird.

do you think we are happy this happened? That it is effecting fellow Americans. They may support people who want to cut their funding, but that doesn’t mean they should not get assistance. I really don’t understand. 

I'm not angry. I'm just having 😊 

I don't know who we is... When you say we are happy it happened. The state and feds are just inept. They waited too long. They took a community on the cusp of collapse that can hardly support itself, riddled with drug problems, poverty, and sent text messages to evacuate. After cell lines were down. No one predicted this, they say... Except th3 who said it was gonna happen cuz climate change.🤪

10 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Oh. Don’t worry I get it. When a school gets lit up by a gunman with an assault rifle and the families try to make the world better…puds like you tell them to eat crap…don’t take my gun libtard!

now u got your own disaster the cause of which “liberals” and you know “elites” have been warning you about for decades and guys like you told them to eff off.

Now you your cryin because you don’t think the govt or the msm media…your sworn enemies are helping you enough…

I understand perfectly

What you just said makes anyone who read it contemplate their own sanity.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

how could republicans have changed the amount of polution in china? how could we have changed this result when we only discovered global warming climate change 30 years ago?

1. It was the 60’s (60 years ago)that petroleum companies identified the risk.

2. They could have supported policies that not didn’t ship manufacturing to highly unregulated China (including the shipping back to the states and the air travel required to mange the preorders) 

but shoot the messengers and make excuses while people suffer. Cool.

finally why share the info about how the storm happened? Well one I can’t make any other comment of condolence or fact checking because it’s not good enough for you and two why can we also talk about the why something happened to better prepare for the next time?

Surprising discoveriesAt an old gunpowder factory in Delaware – now a museum and archive – I found a transcript of a petroleum conference from 1959 called the “Energy and Man” symposium, held at Columbia University in New York. As I flipped through, I saw a speech from a famous scientist, Edward Teller (who helped invent the hydrogen bomb), warning the industry executives and others assembled of global warming.”

Edited by Starr-Bills
ADDED LINK TO SAVE ON REPOSTING.

5 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

It'll be much longer than 72 hours.  There are towns 50 miles from Damascus still without power.  Almost all the homes and biz in Damascus will need to be demolished and rebuilt.  No way to plan for this

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It'll be much longer than 72 hours.  There are towns 50 miles from Damascus still without power.  Almost all the homes and biz in Damascus will need to be demolished and rebuilt.  No way to plan for this

Yea more a of a rule of thumb, but agreed this is beyond anyone’s experience. 

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Clearly you can't take even a joke about how politics matters when it actually comes to boots on the ground. In times of crisis I guaran*****ingtee not one person stops to ask who someone voted for because that is when, for most people, true character shows.

The people going up there without a doubt are across the board all sorts of things. Your claim that getting boots on the ground is impossible. No, it's not at all. The US government has access to technology beyond that of the smallest folks. That Elon musk found out from Trump associates where supplies are needed is incredible. These trump associates are community organizers on the ground who work with the campaign. They got word to him because they are in these communities. The starlink units are being sent to Greg Biffle, a NASCAR driver. He will be using his personal helicopter and other he owns with pilot friends to fly them in...

Yet, FEMA is where exactly? Roy Cooper is unknown. The likely gov Josh Stein is campaigning at the coast. Mark Robinson is derping on a stump somewhere trying to salvage his campaign.

Locals make a difference.

I'm not angry. I'm just having fun.🤪

you're being an #######.  Do you personally have your chainsaws ready?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

1. It was the 60’s (60 years ago)that petroleum companies identified the risk.

2. They could have supported policies that not didn’t ship manufacturing to highly unregulated China (including the shipping back to the states and the air travel required to mange the preorders) 

but shoot the messengers and make excuses while people suffer. Cool.

finally why share the info about how the storm happened? Well one I can’t make any other comment of condolence or fact checking because it’s not good enough for you and two why can we also talk about the why something happened to better prepare for the next time?

The risk vs. Reward. How can you deny fuel, power, etc. when it is so affordable to make people suffer. Last winter in Germany there were people without power and heat, and then water during winter. People froze to death. Businesses couldn't operate because of power loss. Entire communities had power turned off. These communities still rely on wood heat for their hot water and home heating Of their private homes. But the businesses they owned or worked couldn't be heated.  Walking into a 55° supermarket was common.

So at what price do you make things extreme to make less than 10% of a difference when China is increasing their carbon footprint by 6% a year?

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you're being an #######.  Do you personally have your chainsaws ready?

Yes. My Stihl and 2 Husqvarnas.

I have them available to two crews if they're sent up. I cannot go. My wife is likely to be sent up as well.

I also have a tractor I have made available with truck and trailer to be taken up.

Just now, boyst said:

The risk vs. Reward. How can you deny fuel, power, etc. when it is so affordable to make people suffer. Last winter in Germany there were people without power and heat, and then water during winter. People froze to death. Businesses couldn't operate because of power loss. Entire communities had power turned off. These communities still rely on wood heat for their hot water and home heating Of their private homes. But the businesses they owned or worked couldn't be heated.  Walking into a 55° supermarket was common.

So at what price do you make things extreme to make less than 10% of a difference when China is increasing their carbon footprint by 6% a year?

How much is it costing this week? Not just the flood and devastation, the lives lost the roads and bridges. But the ac west at the same time during record heat. And you B word about DEI and wasteful government but say nothing about extremely profitable fossil fuel companies get Billions is subsidies for decades and no effort or money, and actual attacks on, doing anything to transition away. And if we as a people decided to make a change like this away from fossil fuels then we could subsidize (tax credits or direct payments) the alternative. Fossil fuel has been saying we can’t change for decades and here we are.

seems like if someone wanted to make a killing, geothermal with heat pumps would go along way to being both efficient and providing heat. And you could still have remote diesel generators to provide the electricity locally during disasters (obviously stocking fuel prior) Given the devastation maybe the build back should be for efficacy and removal of fossils fuels as the sunk costs have been eliminated by the storm.

p.s. I’d like to see some evidence to support your Germany claims, however did you forget Russia stated a war in Europe and actually made it a policy to ‘freeze’ Europe to weaken support. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

You touch on the issue I have with the climate change debate. My concern isn't whether or not climate change is man-made or some cyclical functioning of the Earth's climate. My focus is on the chosen solution. Oil and gas are high density, highly efficient, more reliable, and lower cost energy sources than the renewables such as solar and wind. And EV's have issues with cost, charging times, and range. Add in the carbon produced through the process of mining and manufacturing parts for the vehicles and you get next to no carbon reduction. Its a game of out of sight our of mind. Maybe these things work out over time with technological improvements. My assessment is you can't run civilization at the current scale and living standards with these alternatives and the experience in Germany supports that conclusion. Its just one example. If you want to go renewable than you should accept that you're living standards supported by energy consumption, are going to have to downsize.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

How much is it costing this week? Not just the flood and devastation, the lives lost the roads and bridges. But the ac west at the same time during record heat. And you B word about DEI and wasteful government but say nothing about extremely profitable fossil fuel companies get Billions is subsidies for decades and no effort or money, and actual attacks on, doing anything to transition away. And if we as a people decided to make a change like this away from fossil fuels then we could subsidize (tax credits or direct payments) the alternative. Fossil fuel has been saying we can’t change for decades and here we are.

seems like if someone wanted to make a killing, geothermal with heat pumps would go along way to being both efficient and providing heat. And you could still have remote diesel generators to provide the electricity locally during disasters (obviously stocking fuel prior) Given the devastation maybe the build back should be for efficacy and removal of fossils fuels as the sunk costs have been eliminated by the storm.

p.s. I’d like to see some evidence to support your Germany claims, however did you forget Russia stated a war in Europe and actually made it a policy to ‘freeze’ Europe to weaken support. 

I don't have evidence other than my own accounts. It was on the radio when I was there saying the schedules to "turn down" power.

The Roatenburg tourist area was reduced in power with restaurants and shoppes forced to close during business hours, as well as a few museums. The torture museum closed a couple weeks.

Russia may have made that their position but it was only enabled by Germany refusing to produce energy plants. All while continuing brown coal.

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

before there are massive crises...a fraction of a degree of ocean warming could make a difference.

At what cost?

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

At what cost?

likely lower than what current and future devastation will cost.  The brits have a saying:  "I'm all right Jack, pull up the ladder".  Future gens are f'ed but we've lived good lives...such is the M.O. of MAGA.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

Yes. My Stihl and 2 Husqvarnas.

I have them available to two crews if they're sent up. I cannot go. My wife is likely to be sent up as well.

I also have a tractor I have made available with truck and trailer to be taken up.

So global warming just like guns. Mass shootings are the price you are willing to pay for unfettered access to guns.

Well…local clinate  disasters are the price you are willing to pay for cheap heat. 

Well they spun the wheel and your turn to pay. 

10 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Just STFU before you fall further down the rathole.

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You touch on the issue I have with the climate change debate. My concern isn't whether or not climate change is man-made or some cyclical functioning of the Earth's climate. My focus is on the chosen solution. Oil and gas are high density, highly efficient, more reliable, and lower cost energy sources than the renewables such as solar and wind. And EV's have issues with cost, charging times, and range. Add in the carbon produced through the process of mining and manufacturing parts for the vehicles and you get next to no carbon reduction. Its a game of out of sight our of mind. Maybe these things work out over time with technological improvements. My assessment is you can't run civilization at the current scale and living standards with these alternatives and the experience in Germany supports that conclusion. Its just one example. If you want to go renewable than you should accept that you're living standards supported by energy consumption, are going to have to downsize.

Germanys mistake was ditching nuclear and having one source for fossil fuels…Russia.

AFA renewables vs climate ….we are now living the choice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Just STFU before you fall further down the rathole.

That's not fun though. If you're gonna say that you gotta make it fun and colorful. Not mean.

So, maybe... I suggest "close your airhole before cause more global warming because the methane you're producing is a global threat.  Your mouth is dangerous."

"Close your mouth, blow it out your rectum. At least that way the stuff you share can be used as compost."

"Use the words your mouth makes to make music because at least that way it would sound good. Can you hold a beat?"

All y'all way too serious.