Hurricane Helene

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Ok, so you're backing up now that it doesn't take a big operation like FEMA? That individuals are fully capable and more important to support their area? Because that's not what you just said. Logically, you just crossed yourself. 

The federal funding you are talking about was wildly inflated. It was talked about here in the state. It was going to be given out like candy. There was already infrastructure in place that simply throwing money at the problem was not needed.

And project 2025 you can shove up your ass. Trump is not a part of that. And the Lincoln project is absolutely disgusting. 

So, since you seem as smart as a 3 yr old, I require this to continue giving you any time before I go to the gym:

1) is it FEMA and big gov or the local man and neighbors who should be helping to rush in there? You contradicted yourself. I need 2 paragraphs explaining this 

2) the federal funds denied and withheld do not entail the full amount offered to the coast. Please disclose how much had already been given, how much was being given, and the items the additional amounts were being earmarked for...

3) don't disrupt a conversation with a goalpost shift talking about FEMA being dismantled when you just made an argument in your first point they're not as effective as a man driving down from Abingdon at Waffle House.

4) find in Trump's anything where he adopts project 2025.

5) apologize to your parents for disappointing them. 

See and this is how I know you're a puppet

The information he posted is the goal of the DEI branch of FEMA which works as a part of FEMA but not FEMA itself. You didn't even bother to think of that because you lack intelligence.

The DEI division/department is doing their job to keep their job. For whatever reason FEMA needs dei.

No. My point is the same they (or my reference could be doing something useful rather than stroking his ego for an event) fema is also the majority of the response, local agencies aren’t helicoptering people off roofs or flying in supplies but they certainly can help identify areas of need etc. they are delivering millions of meals, millions of gallons of water, fuel etc.. 

obviously you didn’t read the link or the text from the link, it is referring to the communities it help ensuring everyone get what they need, or maybe you and I just read English differently.

he is references hundreds of times, many of his people helped write it, heritage foundation helped him pick his justices and until it was obviously unpopular (since it wants to destroy the constitution and the federal government) but sure you can pretend he isn’t going to give them the keys to the car once he gets in. I mean the article from 2017 where he with held aid to NC until the gov kissed his ring, kinda like he did to Ukraine with aid, but some how you think this guy want to help anyone but himself? Sigh. Okay. 

and performative attacks on me, apologize to my parents? Puppet? I’m talking about helping fellow Americans what are you talking about, some idea that fema is useless and we should rely on religious orgs or kind billionaires to help each other out? I fundamentally disagree, great thing about this country for now is we can disagree and it’s just posts passing in the night on this random message board.

not sure why you want to fight me, but you do you.

• Vomit 1

Damascus Va isn’t too far away from me. Cool little mountain town which the Appalachian trail runs through. It’s recently most famous for an old dude passing out and hitting a few hikers in his 80 ish Cadillac.  They have been absolutely devastated. The main road is broken into chunks where there’s any road at all. Houses floating, bridges taken out, massive water levels.  The road from the base town to the next up the mountain is totally impassable, maybe even with a 4 wheeler. This poor people. This a true disaster 

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Damascus Va isn’t too far away from me. Cool little mountain town which the Appalachian trail runs through. 

My favorite fly fishing place.

Do it a couple times every year.

Sorry to diminish the seriousness of this, but GREAT fly fishing place.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, sherpa said:

My favorite fly fishing place.

Do it a couple times every year.

Sorry to diminish the seriousness of this, but GREAT fly fishing place.

Gotta think this is going to drastically change the flow of the streams. I saw pics of big rapids. Just pure power. But yeah, I actually entered a trout derby in Damascus for the fire department. It’s a nice place to fish. 

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It doesn't say how many D zips are affected.  Atlanta got hit.

Nah, we didn’t.  

A minor flood issue in one part of Buckhead.  That’s it.  And Buckhead is the only reddish part of Atlanta.  

Im in Buckhead right now.  You’d never even know a storm came through. 

Storm hit South Georgia really hard, and swerved east of Atlanta, hitting Augusta and then piledriving through Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC. 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The paper is clearly blown out in the highlights, you can’t read any of the papers. It’s probably dark on the plane and the photog had to beef up the ISO to get a proper exposure, and because the bright paper is under the overhead lights, it looks blown out. 

The highlights aren't blown out. Blown out highlights create a blooming / glow effect. The paper is perfectly exposed. And you can see the writing on the coffee cup and paper in the foreground perfectly fine.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nah, we didn’t.  

A minor flood issue in one part of Buckhead.  That’s it.  And Buckhead is the only reddish part of Atlanta.  

Im in Buckhead right now.  You’d never even know a storm came through. 

Storm hit South Georgia really hard, and swerved east of Atlanta, hitting Augusta and then piledriving through Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC. 

I thought N Ga mtns got hit.  Thought Atlanta was worse...maybe at airport?  Asheville is solid D.  I think Greenville is purple.

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I thought N Ga mtns got hit.  Thought Atlanta was worse...maybe at airport?  Asheville is solid D.  I think Greenville is purple.

North Georgia, but towards Braselton east through Augusta. 

Asheville is legit San Francisco, but WNC all around it is red. 

Greenville is red.  

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

No. My point is the same they (or my reference could be doing something useful rather than stroking his ego for an event) fema is also the majority of the response, local agencies aren’t helicoptering people off roofs or flying in supplies but they certainly can help identify areas of need etc. they are delivering millions of meals, millions of gallons of water, fuel etc.. 

obviously you didn’t read the link or the text from the link, it is referring to the communities it help ensuring everyone get what they need, or maybe you and I just read English differently.

he is references hundreds of times, many of his people helped write it, heritage foundation helped him pick his justices and until it was obviously unpopular (since it wants to destroy the constitution and the federal government) but sure you can pretend he isn’t going to give them the keys to the car once he gets in. I mean the article from 2017 where he with held aid to NC until the gov kissed his ring, kinda like he did to Ukraine with aid, but some how you think this guy want to help anyone but himself? Sigh. Okay. 

and performative attacks on me, apologize to my parents? Puppet? I’m talking about helping fellow Americans what are you talking about, some idea that fema is useless and we should rely on religious orgs or kind billionaires to help each other out? I fundamentally disagree, great thing about this country for now is we can disagree and it’s just posts passing in the night on this random message board.

You should apologize to your parents for being born.  They must be humiliated at what they turned out.  In fact, they should apologize to all humanity for how they raised such a dolt.  What a mess.  

On a side note, Demented Biden and Cumala too busy vacationing and hiding from the press to bother to do anything.  Thankfully it will be over soon.

Edited by Irv
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Why are the hurricane victims asking for government handouts? We should abolish all federal departments and let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps as the founding fathers intended. 

It's amazing how you can type words that make sense in structure but mean absolutely nothing when it comes to logic, thought, or clarity. It's an issue politics makes of ordinary things: ***** it up beyond all belief.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If these votes were necessary for Ds this would be all you’d hear about and that Trump if POTUS was trying to prevent them from voting. 

That’s why they’re not speaking of it.  

That’s right, we’re using the weather machines to suppress your vote. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha.

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

The ***** the local agencies ain't doing that copter flying. 

https://m.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/43107

Listen to that 3-4 hours. That's local volunteers, including FD, Police, Radio. You can cross that with Rutherford co. Emergency services and the state band. The locals and folks with copters are going to Taylorsville, Statesville, other local air strips to pick up from cars bringing stuff from all over. Lines 2 hours long to drop off water, food, soap, hand sanitizer, aid...

All by local officials. Not the pole smoking feds. Fema has not even begun yet.

I live in North carolina and am surprisingly (to most ) active in a lot of goings on here. Believing a national hit piece story during an election cycle is stupidity 101.

Yes, we should rely on our neighbors, even religious, to help out. One of the largest mosques in the area is doing a whole helluva more than FEMA. There is a big temple in the middle of no where up there being used for shelter. Religion doesn't matter when you can help thy neighbor.

And you mocking billionaires for helping? They're doing a lot more than the soyboy idols you worships - gates, Baldwin, John legend, Swift... 

I am not fighting with you. Fighting would mean I have something to win or gain. A lion does not fight the fly. He merely entertains it a while until it finds a pile of ***** to sit on. 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That’s right, we’re using the weather machines to suppress your vote. Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Mk ultra sound waves being amplified by haarp in the comet pizza basement have been interfering with the Russian hacks on our voting networks!!!!111

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Fox example. Local official just called into a ham radio - county manager to just a guy on the radio - who said he has set up a row boat with an outboard motor on a rope to ferry people across a river. Has extra fuel. Manager worked with manager to get the guy to the river via ham radio. 

Yeah, ***** FEMA. 

53 minutes ago, Irv said:

You should apologize to your parents for being born.  They must be humiliated at what they turned out.  In fact, they should apologize to all humanity for how they raised such a dolt.  What a mess.  

On a side note, Demented Biden and Cumala too busy vacationing and hiding from the press to bother to do anything.  Thankfully it will be over soon.

Can't decide if you're actually this miserable or just pretending.

3 hours ago, K D said:

Lol dumb broad is pretending to write on a blank piece of paper and listening to a fake call with the headphones not plugged in

So you’re saying it’s like trump’s COVID photo? Or his repeal and replace plan? 

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Can't decide if you're actually this miserable or just pretending.

He is.  Nurses baseless grievances.  Blames everyone else for all of his failings.  Sad.   And weird. 

• Like (+1) 1