Hurricane Helene

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Government waste and incompetence in full view right here.

I just saw this and want to point out 2 large points, the Federal government is proud of this, using 14 people to do what 2 competent people could do just as well. Secondly this is what we mean when we say FEMA is useless, this is the easy part and they used 14 people. 

• Agree 2

I have my first personal encounter with FEMA in the Asheville area. One of my cousins had their house flooded over 6 inches throughout the home, they contacted  FEMA on the Monday after Helene and gave the person on the phone all the info they could, the FEMA people in the area were only dealing with life and death situation so were not helpful. They have been given around a $1000 for at least $25k in damage, likely closer to $75k. No one at FEMA is helping them get things sorted or giving instructions on what info is needed or how to transfer info. My cousin is not some idiot who can't figure things out of you give directions. Too many people with FEMA are simply present and not helping fix things 

6 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I have my first personal encounter with FEMA in the Asheville area. One of my cousins had their house flooded over 6 inches throughout the home, they contacted  FEMA on the Monday after Helene and gave the person on the phone all the info they could, the FEMA people in the area were only dealing with life and death situation so were not helpful. They have been given around a $1000 for at least $25k in damage, likely closer to $75k. No one at FEMA is helping them get things sorted or giving instructions on what info is needed or how to transfer info. My cousin is not some idiot who can't figure things out of you give directions. Too many people with FEMA are simply present and not helping fix things 

Yeah, well, people are kind of dead and missing and bridges are out and all that, so maybe we can hang on a bit before cutting out that damp drywall.

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, well, people are kind of dead and missing and bridges are out and all that, so maybe we can hang on a bit before cutting out that damp drywall.

Usually you are a decent human but we are basically 4 weeks later and there is no end in sight for the crap people are dealing with and the $20 billion agency is not helping much, no one can even give straight answers. Your response is what I would expect from someone who is politics over humanity, a bad look for you. BTW the home is unlivable, which if you had paid attention at all you would know, because the water was not clean and it did not pass through quickly, it sat for several days in an area that can't get electricity. Your flippant attitude towards those suffering 4 weeks after the event is telling of what your expectations of government are.

• Thank you (+1) 1