Hurricane Helene

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

#"America Last"  is trending on "X"

***** off.

This is a Russian talking point and not helping the people there. Hell even NC seems normal and actually concerned about the people, it takes happening to people he knows and or places he’s been but still. Used Bradly’s or anti air missiles are not going to help. The WH along with the states declared an emergency prior to the event and billions are being spent as we speak.  And it is completely false that the funding got Ukraine or Israel or the 100’s of other countries we send money or aid to is in any way taking away from resources for emergency response. 

The destruction is like nothing we’ve seen and this region is particularly hard to access (I’ve ridden bikes all over there area) with the mountains and rivers and washed out bridges and roads. Would I like to see more and better coverage in the national media, yes. This is a catastrophe, and only weeks from it starting to get cold, which is a whole other problem for the residents. Does a photo op from the pres or the candidates help these people? No it i\just gets in the way, let’s support the emergency response teams, maybe if you have so much time post these stupid and decisive memes maybe you have time to click on a donate button or to volunteer to cook meals. Making this political is terrible, and uncalled for.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We are now heading to Valdosta, Georgia, in order to pay

my respects and bring lots of relief material, including

fuel, equipment, water, and other things, to the State.

Many politicians and Law Enforcement will be there.

We’ll be saying hello to Franklin Graham, Burt Jones,

Tyler Harper, Mike Collins, Austin Scott, Russ Goodman,

Sam Watson, and the Mayor of Valdosta Scott James.

They are working very hard.

I was also going to stop into North Carolina, which has really

been hit hard. I have a lot of supplies ready for them,

but access and communication is now restricted,

and we want to make sure that Local Emergency Management

is able to focus on helping the people most affected,

and not being concerned with me.

I’ll be there shortly, but don’t like the reports that I’m getting

about the Federal Government, and the Democrat Governor

of the State, going out of their way to not help people in Republican areas.

Has his campaign coordinated with people on the ground or are they going to have to stop what they are doing to help people and instead stand around and stroke his ego for a photo op. Seriously how is this helpful to anyone not named Trump?

Edited by Starr-Bills
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

***** off.

This is a Russian talking point and not helping the people there. Hell even NC seems normal and actually concerned about the people, it takes happening to people he knows and or places he’s been but still. Used Bradly’s or anti air missiles are not going to help. The WH along with the states declared an emergency prior to the event and billions are being spent as we speak.  And it is completely false that the funding got Ukraine or Israel or the 100’s of other countries we send money or aid to is in any way taking away from resources for emergency response. 

The destruction is like nothing we’ve seen and this region is particularly hard to access (I’ve ridden bikes all over there area) with the mountains and rivers and washed out bridges and roads. Would I like to see more and better coverage in the national media, yes. This is a catastrophe, and only weeks from it starting to get cold, which is a whole other problem for the residents. Does a photo op from the pres or the candidates help these people? No it i\just gets in the way, let’s support the emergency response teams, maybe if you have so much time post these stupid and decisive memes maybe you have time to click on a donate button or to volunteer to cook meals. Making this political is terrible, and uncalled for.

hi. i live here. with regard to your kind words to **** off i respond:

stop running your damn mouth.

your "muh russia" doesn't mean a damn thing. time, money, logistics to supply ukraine have been taxed and overdone. we have spent and sent more there than any reasonable person should ever want. it does not take away what has been done. but what has been done cannot be burdened by the undone or whatever that ###### VP says...

so going forward, we had a democratic lame duck gov. who has been nearly impossible to find in NC, a candidate running for gov who is our current AG not really doing anything but being quiet so he can win, and a dope running against him who can't even maintain a proper house.... 

you have private citizens going in their on their own helicopters, celebrities finding ways in, food drives every corner, and private charities and organizations already making headways. Samaritans Purse already has wheels on the ground with planes and more for the area while FEMA is concerned about quotas for their DEI.

so, spare me your mouth running and stop or do something about the catastrophe. i'm lucky that it does not truly have any adverse problems for us here 60 miles away but like any time there is a tragedy trying to stand on some morale high ground doesn't work. 

3 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Has his campaign coordinated with people on the ground or are they going to have to stop what they are doing to help people and instead stand around and stroke his ego for a photo op. Seriously how is this helpful to anyone not named Trump?

hi new moron.

maybe you should look at what he has already done in tragedy - sending a plane full of good to Hawaii after the fire and hours upon hours before government aid arrived.

maybe you should just wait and see what he does or can do and stop opening your mouth (unless you go back to the truck stop because we know you have to make a living).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

hi. i live here. with regard to your kind words to **** off i respond:

stop running your damn mouth.

your "muh russia" doesn't mean a damn thing. time, money, logistics to supply ukraine have been taxed and overdone. we have spent and sent more there than any reasonable person should ever want. it does not take away what has been done. but what has been done cannot be burdened by the undone or whatever that ###### VP says...

so going forward, we had a democratic lame duck gov. who has been nearly impossible to find in NC, a candidate running for gov who is our current AG not really doing anything but being quiet so he can win, and a dope running against him who can't even maintain a proper house.... 

you have private citizens going in their on their own helicopters, celebrities finding ways in, food drives every corner, and private charities and organizations already making headways. Samaritans Purse already has wheels on the ground with planes and more for the area while FEMA is concerned about quotas for their DEI.

so, spare me your mouth running and stop or do something about the catastrophe. i'm lucky that it does not truly have any adverse problems for us here 60 miles away but like any time there is a tragedy trying to stand on some morale high ground doesn't work. 

hi new moron.

maybe you should look at what he has already done in tragedy - sending a plane full of good to Hawaii after the fire and hours upon hours before government aid arrived.

maybe you should just wait and see what he does or can do and stop opening your mouth (unless you go back to the truck stop because we know you have to make a living).

why are you mad at me? I want to see the people there helped, and I hate to see this misinformation and performative stunts foisted upon them. Seriously get your head out of your ass.

The equating with Ukraine aid is specifically a Russian op. And specifically not helpful to the people, the Americans who need assistance.

relying on the kindness of strangers is also not a plan. Sure it’s nice a helicopter or two show up with some bottled water and Doritos but what happens 2 day, 2 weeks, 2 months from now. Want to go fast go alone, want to go far, go in a group.

the talking points about DEI etc are just stupid. The fact that most of the roads highways and bridges accessing the are have washed out is the real reason aid is taking time to get to people. Again let’s not make this political, there are no points to win other than helping people recover from this storm, and rebuilding in a way to defend against this type of event again.
And maybe next time we vote we all should elect candidates who want to do the work of government and not performative asshats.

• Vomit 1

FEMA’s “Strategic Plan” (2022-2026)

“Goal 1” — “Instill Equity as a Foundation of Emergency Management”

“Goal 2” — “Lead Whole of Community in Climate Resilience”

“Goal 3” — “Promote & Sustain a Ready FEMA & Prepared Nation”

Full strategic plan, such as it is, here. https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/files/documents/fema_2022-2026-strategic-plan.pdf

I sure wish Goal #3 was more important than DEI or Climate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

why are you mad at me? I want to see the people there helped, and I hate to see this misinformation and performative stunts foisted upon them. Seriously get your head out of your ass.

sooo. the south which has been largely neglected and the areas of western north carolina which are extremely poor but nonetheless self suffiicent and generally anti need help.... where are, right?

The equating with Ukraine aid is specifically a Russian op. And specifically not helpful to the people, the Americans who need assistance.

fEMA is activating, they're cutting red tape, doing all of that but it does not replace local volunteers and investing in the small communities. imagine $1mm just for a rural NC community to fix up their emergency repsonse team??? no...nah... we gonna send that to Ukraine untracked so they can probably invest in something really really worthwhile.

relying on the kindness of strangers is also not a plan. Sure it’s nice a helicopter or two show up with some bottled water and Doritos but what happens 2 day, 2 weeks, 2 months from now. Want to go fast go alone, want to go far, go in a group.

good plan captain brain man. it's too hard to get in there immediately so we need to wait to go as a group because a bottled water or doritos aren't enough to just say "hey, we're coming. we see you, we can make a plan." having a few hundred venture in on their own out of the goodness of their hearts is bad because they didn't go as a group?  you don't know rural america and what they do to stick together, i fear. 

estimates are about 50-60 private helicopters now working to bring stuff in and people out. 

the talking points about DEI etc are just stupid. The fact that most of the roads highways and bridges accessing the are have washed out is the real reason aid is taking time to get to people. Again let’s not make this political, there are no points to win other than helping people recover from this storm, and rebuilding in a way to defend against this type of event again.

no, it's not. the problem is mobilizing the infastrucutre of that area which was already negligent. instead of investing in our interstate system in NC which has the 2nd most amount in the country, we invested in high speed rail between CLT and RDU for the 47 people that take it. we took on massive federal funds under obama to promote the green energy of trains and made hundreds of bridges before funds ran out and the project was only 1/5 the way done. further, getting to these people can be done with air drops (happening) helicopters (happening), all terrain vehicles (happening), and even drones to deliver medicine.

this is political because it did not just happen over night. we don't invest in our own country and invest where communities need it. we invest in that foo foo museum in NYC, or the kennedy performing arts center to make sure left handed dyslexic gingers have properly written signs to avoid getting a sunburn on both of their arms.

this problem didn't originate over night. this problem will continue as gas stoves and propane resources are being limited in these areas due to an already heavy push by the gov to go green. countless issues are causing this to be much worse than it is because of bad policies.
And maybe next time we vote we all should elect candidates who want to do the work of government and not performative asshats.

performative asshat = you. please don't ever run for office.

still cute - trump has done more to help these people than kamala harris, sweetie.

and i don't like him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

FEMA’s “Strategic Plan” (2022-2026)

“Goal 1” — “Instill Equity as a Foundation of Emergency Management”

“Goal 2” — “Lead Whole of Community in Climate Resilience”

“Goal 3” — “Promote & Sustain a Ready FEMA & Prepared Nation”

Full strategic plan, such as it is, here. https://www.fema.gov/sites/default/files/documents/fema_2022-2026-strategic-plan.pdf

I sure wish Goal #3 was more important than DEI or Climate.

the actual text. #1 is making sure communities are taken care of equally, not hiring. Again not sure who you are helping with this garbage.

“This Strategic Plan identifies three ambitious goals we must achieve to address these challenges and to ensure we continue to be the FEMA our nation needs and deserves.

First, we must instill equity as a foundation of emergency management. Systems that foster inequality serve no one, especially in times of crisis. We must recognize that disasters affect individuals and communities differently, commit ourselves to reducing barriers to access, and deliver equitable outcomes for all whom we serve.

Second, we must lead the whole of community in climate resilience. We must recognize that we are facing a climate crisis and educate ourselves and the nation about the impacts our changing climate pose to the field of emergency management. We must integrate planning for future conditions, move away from incremental mitigation measures, and focus on large projects that protect infrastructure and community systems.

Third, we must promote and sustain a ready FEMA and prepared nation. We must recognize that the demands on emergency managers will only continue to increase. We must lean into this as a shared responsibility to prepare the nation’s emergency managers and ready ourselves and the larger federal government to meet an expanding mission.”

52 minutes ago, boyst said:

still cute - trump has done more to help these people than kamala harris, sweetie.

and i don't like him.

Nice brick wall he built and all those clean matching shirts. 100-200 people who could be doing something useful who are instead stroking his ego.

People actually doing something…

and incase you forgot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Nice brick wall he built and all those clean matching shirts. 100-200 people who could be doing something useful who are instead stroking his ego.

and incase you forgot.

Ok, so you're backing up now that it doesn't take a big operation like FEMA? That individuals are fully capable and more important to support their area? Because that's not what you just said. Logically, you just crossed yourself. 

The federal funding you are talking about was wildly inflated. It was talked about here in the state. It was going to be given out like candy. There was already infrastructure in place that simply throwing money at the problem was not needed.

And project 2025 you can shove up your ass. Trump is not a part of that. And the Lincoln project is absolutely disgusting. 

So, since you seem as smart as a 3 yr old, I require this to continue giving you any time before I go to the gym:

1) is it FEMA and big gov or the local man and neighbors who should be helping to rush in there? You contradicted yourself. I need 2 paragraphs explaining this 

2) the federal funds denied and withheld do not entail the full amount offered to the coast. Please disclose how much had already been given, how much was being given, and the items the additional amounts were being earmarked for...

3) don't disrupt a conversation with a goalpost shift talking about FEMA being dismantled when you just made an argument in your first point they're not as effective as a man driving down from Abingdon at Waffle House.

4) find in Trump's anything where he adopts project 2025.

5) apologize to your parents for disappointing them. 

15 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

the actual text. #1 is making sure communities are taken care of equally, not hiring. Again not sure who you are helping with this garbage.

“This Strategic Plan identifies three ambitious goals we must achieve to address these challenges and to ensure we continue to be the FEMA our nation needs and deserves.

First, we must instill equity as a foundation of emergency management. Systems that foster inequality serve no one, especially in times of crisis. We must recognize that disasters affect individuals and communities differently, commit ourselves to reducing barriers to access, and deliver equitable outcomes for all whom we serve.

Second, we must lead the whole of community in climate resilience. We must recognize that we are facing a climate crisis and educate ourselves and the nation about the impacts our changing climate pose to the field of emergency management. We must integrate planning for future conditions, move away from incremental mitigation measures, and focus on large projects that protect infrastructure and community systems.

Third, we must promote and sustain a ready FEMA and prepared nation. We must recognize that the demands on emergency managers will only continue to increase. We must lean into this as a shared responsibility to prepare the nation’s emergency managers and ready ourselves and the larger federal government to meet an expanding mission.”

See and this is how I know you're a puppet

The information he posted is the goal of the DEI branch of FEMA which works as a part of FEMA but not FEMA itself. You didn't even bother to think of that because you lack intelligence.

The DEI division/department is doing their job to keep their job. For whatever reason FEMA needs dei.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Adding to the mountain of evidence that Biden is long gone.

Even the greenest politician knows that under absolutely no circumstances should he say that no more aid is forthcoming in the wake of a natural disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

and incase you forgot.

Go back to fawning and funding illegals while actual citizens are left to suffer.  You could give a *****.  You're taking valuable time from you cracking off on your Cumala face pics.  What a mess.  

35 minutes ago, Irv said:

Go back to fawning and funding illegals while actual citizens are left to suffer.  You could give a *****.  You're taking valuable time from you cracking off on your Cumala face pics.  What a mess.  

Why are the hurricane victims asking for government handouts? We should abolish all federal departments and let them pull themselves up by their bootstraps as the founding fathers intended. 

Just now, K D said:

Lol dumb broad is pretending to write on a blank piece of paper and listening to a fake call with the headphones not plugged in

The paper is clearly blown out in the highlights, you can’t read any of the papers. It’s probably dark on the plane and the photog had to beef up the ISO to get a proper exposure, and because the bright paper is under the overhead lights, it looks blown out. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

***** off.

I try to keep an open mind about the response by the administration on these events, but everything is made a political event—-everything.  To suggest it’s “uncalled for” belies that fact that it’s actually ALWAYS called for by those in charge and running the show.  You just don’t like the target this time around.  

If you were an honest broker of an honest narrative, the recognition that Trump is attempting to do something—anything—-to help those in need would immediately follow your lament about politicians and media politicizing this tragedy.  

But instead, you offer up “Russian talking point”, Project 2025, and Trump being raised on a KGB kibbutz in Stalingrad.  

Pure silliness. 

• Like (+1) 1