Hurricane Helene

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

stepped right back to the kiddies table.  try a cogent argument.  it'lll be good for the little gray matter you have.

Oh the irony coming from a fake doctor. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Black.  White.

Up. Down.

Yes. No.

Waters wet. No, that's Russian disinfo

JFK was an inside job, Nancy Reagan did it. No it was Lee Greenwood.

Seriously, the blinders are funny. Half of everything is right that's being said. Aid is there. Logistics and supply chains are hard. More than enough volunteers. Even more up there to pose on social media they're "heeellppping."

The fake Dr Joe's even going to help. Not with doctor stuff, but he's going to do a crayon by numbers with the locals to cleanse the vibe, of course.

This is just annoying as ***** seeing everyone run their mouth. It's a disaster. Not enough can be done right now. Efforts were screwed up at first, sure. But now is where the rubber meets the road and ***** needs to happen and all I see are people running their mouth everywhere. 

Except for "Dr" Joe. He's said he's going to be helping but probably  just sniffing all the glue donated to make sure it's non toxic.  That's more than about everyone here. Commend him for that, at the least. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Black.  White.

Up. Down.

Yes. No.

Waters wet. No, that's Russian disinfo

JFK was an inside job, Nancy Reagan did it. No it was Lee Greenwood.

Seriously, the blinders are funny. Half of everything is right that's being said. Aid is there. Logistics and supply chains are hard. More than enough volunteers. Even more up there to pose on social media they're "heeellppping."

The fake Dr Joe's even going to help. Not with doctor stuff, but he's going to do a crayon by numbers with the locals to cleanse the vibe, of course.

This is just annoying as ***** seeing everyone run their mouth. It's a disaster. Not enough can be done right now. Efforts were screwed up at first, sure. But now is where the rubber meets the road and ***** needs to happen and all I see are people running their mouth everywhere. 

Except for "Dr" Joe. He's said he's going to be helping but probably  just sniffing all the glue donated to make sure it's non toxic.  That's more than about everyone here. Commend him for that, at the least. 

yes.  this helps so much.  almost as much as disparaging bedrock aid groups like the united way.

49 minutes ago, SCBills said:

an inconvenient truth.  thanks cons....

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yes.  this helps so much.  almost as much as disparaging bedrock aid groups like the united way.

Data doesn’t support what you’re getting at. 

What data does support is that far more people live in the path of hurricanes now as opposed to years past. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Data doesn’t support what you’re getting at. 

What data does support is that far more people live in the path of hurricanes now as opposed to years past. 

the 85 degree ocean temp has nothing to with the hurricanes...ya know, it's too late.  it's gonna just get worse.  and you continue to deny it.  doesn't matter.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Fake doctor! 

And bedrock? Yeah... We wouldn't be seeing bedrock in these communities if Biden cleared aid before the storm formed.

50 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The federal year just ended

The money is earmarked by Congress prior. 

Additional aid will come but government is designed to take time unless you're desiring a stronger federal program... Are you? Feds over state?

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

Fake doctor! 

And bedrock? Yeah... We wouldn't be seeing bedrock in these communities if Biden cleared aid before the storm formed.

The federal year just ended

The money is earmarked by Congress prior. 

Additional aid will come but government is designed to take time unless you're desiring a stronger federal program... Are you? Feds over state?

Did I miss the memo that told all the MAGAs here that questioning my credentials would be a good strategy?  maybe out of desperation since the last 2 days almost every MAGA here has shown his ignorance on multiple subjects.  I must be a doctor because I can afford to go to exhibits at the Biltmore!  Geez, what do you do?  In all these years you nor any MAGAs have questioned the credentials of "Doc".  Even when he was spouting nonsense about the worst pandemic of our lifetime.  Why is that?

I've offered him 2 ways that we could both prove our chops.  The easiest is posting a pic of our licenses or board certifications.  offer still holds. 

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Did I miss the memo that told all the MAGAs here that questioning my credentials would be a good strategy?  maybe out of desperation since the last 2 days almost every MAGA here has shown his ignorance on multiple subjects.  I must be a doctor because I can afford to go to exhibits at the Biltmore!  Geez, what do you do?  In all these years you nor any MAGAs have questioned the credentials of "Doc".  Even when he was spouting nonsense about the worst pandemic of our lifetime.  Why is that?

I've offered him 2 ways that we could both prove our chops.  The easiest is posting a pic of our licenses or board certifications.  offer still holds. 

This is something only a fake doctor would say. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Ooooooooooooo

Anyway, I have a a lot of updates in too tired to type....bullet points.

- get out of the area unless you're deployed, managed, tasks. Roads are jammed with gawkers and people pretending to be helping. Drop your ***** off down mountain.  It'll get up

- everything is already good up there at the drop off points. They're overwhelmed. You're pallet of water is not going to make a dent.

- a facility I spoke with and work with regularly sent 32 tractor trailer loads yesterday alone. They normally deal heavy equipment. Their lead company that owns them is not a fema verified unit. But they are sending up there to groups to help. At cost - those are on other trucks. 32 loads of material.

- what's needed now? Drivers, logistics coordinators/suppliers 

- no drones. Helicopters for hospitals can't and won't fly in because it's too dangerous. Planes, too. Nothing is being hidden. Nothing ever was being hidden. It wasn't happening. That's different.

- Cooper didn't request until Sunday. Biden didn't respond to FEMA fast enough, opinions say. FEMA was already in the starting blocks knowing it was coming. The gun took off and they moved. Nothing like this had been done. Pathways in were impossible. No mountain flooding experience. Poor planning, sure. 

- the conspiracies are now getting out of hand.  A right leaning highly active political woman said to me "who gives a ***** what letter is after your name. Now is not the time to talk. If you're a politician help. We want it. If you're helping no one cares what you are if you're doing something."

Too tired. Will get more tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Absolutely correct! 

As storms become stronger, there will likely be more damage inland from flooding. Flooding and extreme heat waves are deadly. This is why our national security agencies have considered climate change a threat to national security for years. The damage Helene caused was catastrophic to many areas. Now consider that we are only beginning to see the impacts of climate change. We are on the beginning of the impact curve. Now America gets to vote. The orange idiot considers climate change to be a hoax. Harris and Dems are trying to address solutions to this complex issue. Trumpers and their Project 2025 wants to slash FEMA, eliminate federal flood insurance and get rid of NOAA and its free weather forecasts.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/how-project-2025-would-treat-helene-survivors/

Edited by Andy1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Absolutely correct! 

As storms become stronger, there will likely be more damage inland from flooding. Flooding and extreme heat waves are deadly. This is why our national security agencies have considered climate change a threat to national security for years. The damage Helene caused was catastrophic to many areas. Now consider that we are only beginning to see the impacts of climate change. We are on the beginning of the impact curve. Now America gets to vote. The orange idiot considers climate change to be a hoax. Harris and Dems are trying to address solutions to this complex issue. Trumpers and their Project 2025 wants to slash FEMA, eliminate federal flood insurance and get rid of NOAA and its free weather forecasts.

https://www.eenews.net/articles/how-project-2025-would-treat-helene-survivors/

Many poor people in the areas hit by Helene..  I'm afraid many will be homeless.  And very angry.  Flood insurance averages about $60/month.  Even after this, most will take their chances and some will lose with the next event and the next.  It's definitely a national security threat.

• Haha (+1) 1