Hurricane Helene

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, boyst said:

i will continue to send you updates from her / them as they come in. you're not the only one to offer help here and elsewhere.

i would be proud to help anyone direct assistance to where it is needed most with discretion if you'd like.

the conspiracies that are being spread are being spread by a small percent. it's hilarious.

the big companies are using this to go in and get lithium discovered recently in the nc mountains.

the big companies are looking to harvest more silica from the region which is some of the best in the world.

radio and radar antennas turned the storm to this path to avoid more populated areas.

...the sad reality is that after so much the government has lied to us about it is not unimagined that some people can truly believe this stuff. everything from CIA ops to the covid vaccine working fullproof... you have to accept free speech regardless.

Its two-fold:

The majority of Americans no longer trust our government or institutions 

Also, while there isn’t a “media blackout”, there is very clearly a lack of coverage given how horrific this has been and currently is.    Anyone paying attention knows this and realizes how big of a story this should be.   The level of death & destruction once we are able to get into these areas fully is going to be unimaginable. 

The lack of coverage, relative to the scale of the disaster, leaves space in the vacuum for conspiracy theories to arise. 

Edited by SCBills

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Why does MAGA have to lie about literally everything?

Prove that he is maga.  If I'm a Democrat I am sending in actors to take.these shots and make these posts. Just like the whole Q thing - it was never a Republican thing. It was a Democrat op and very successful 

Just now, boyst said:

Prove that he is maga.  If I'm a Democrat I am sending in actors to take.these shots and make these posts. Just like the whole Q thing - it was never a Republican thing. It was a Democrat op and very successful 

The irony is he’s posting Chef Andres, who is a huge Harris supporter. 

6 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I pray to God that this is true, I really do. That area has been decimated beyond our understanding.

There are lots of people there but there are lots not doing much of anything yet. They're not getting into the back country. Friends messaging say that it's a lot of idle work being done. It's getting done but locals were doing it better and doing more.

Asheville is 80% passable and ok now. UPS, Amazon, etc been delivering since Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

And you wonder why people here doubt you.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The irony is he’s posting Chef Andres, who is a huge Harris supporter. 

I don't care who he is. He's helping people. Good for him.

He is alleging his responses based on his view, his opportunities, and his experience. 

I don't take for granted that he doesn't know enough about the area to realize that a 1 mile distance is an hour walk. That he doesn't know which communities are still in trouble.

He is helping. He is a good man. But he's not accurate. And whoever Joe blow he's quoting can also be right.

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

And you wonder why people here doubt you.

Who doubts me? I challenge anyone who doubts me to step forward.

Btw. If you say you, I don't even know who tf you are... So you're insignificant and just a few letters on a screen. 

Edited by boyst

1 minute ago, boyst said:

There are lots of people there but there are lots not doing much of anything yet. They're not getting into the back country. Friends messaging say that it's a lot of idle work being done. It's getting done but locals were doing it better and doing more.

Asheville is 80% passable and ok now. UPS, Amazon, etc been delivering since Tuesday.

Same as I’m hearing.  

Much of Asheville is passable right now and being used as a staging area.  

But it’s not just a few people outside Asheville that are reporting that they haven’t received help… it’s all I hear from people I know trying to get up there.  

Furthermore, ive heard at least two instances of citizens trying to help be blocked.  I don’t know if they think these people will themselves need rescue or what the problem is, but what I’m hearing jives with some of what is being alleged. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Same as I’m hearing.  

Much of Asheville is passable right now and being used as a staging area.  

But it’s not just a few people outside Asheville that are reporting that they haven’t received help… it’s all I hear from people I know trying to get up there.  

Furthermore, ive heard at least two instances of citizens trying to help be blocked.  I don’t know if they think these people will themselves need rescue or what the problem is, but what I’m hearing jives with some of what is being alleged. 

People wanting to go in there to deliver crap don't need to. Get it to an organizational point - a church or something/somewhere to get it in. The traffic can be a problem. 

Fema and gov authorized grounds are also seizing donations and erecting barriers.

Bald rock, chimney rock, black mountain... All completely cut off. The latter only accessible by helicopter. 

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

I don't care who he is. He's helping people. Good for him.

He is alleging his responses based on his view, his opportunities, and his experience. 

I don't take for granted that he doesn't know enough about the area to realize that a 1 mile distance is an hour walk. That he doesn't know which communities are still in trouble.

He is helping. He is a good man. But he's not accurate. And whoever Joe blow he's quoting can also be right.

Who doubts me? I challenge anyone who doubts me to step forward.

Btw. If you say you, I don't even know who tf you are... So you're insignificant and just a few letters on a screen. 

Why should I believe you?  I don't know who tf you are.  You are just a few letters on a screen who has called the Ukrainians Nazis, accused Democrats of sending in actors and said Q was a Democrat op.

18 minutes ago, boyst said:

MKTruthUltra is a hardcore Trumper and Qanoner 

6 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Why should I believe you?  I don't know who tf you are.  You are just a few letters on a screen who has called the Ukrainians Nazis, accused Democrats of sending in actors and said Q was a Democrat op.

You don't have to. You can also annoy me. Until just now I've never seen you exist here before. Never met you at a game or tailgate. Never even held your hand and told you I love you.

Regardless, you probably like Wikipedia.

Democrats have sent in actors.

And Q is still unproven by anyone to be anyone but I believe it was an ingenious move by the Dems to cause the madness it did to the GOP.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

MKTruthUltra is a hardcore Trumper and Qanoner 

That's fine, because HAARP and comet pizza pepperoni with extra cheese is hardcore Biden.   Duh

My point being whoever he is doesn't mean he is wrong or is right. He saw it. We weren't there. We have heard a lot of the same things. Few people are saying the situation is being handled well.  The guy with a funny name who's a chef is possibly the only non gov guy I've seen say anything. And I don't trust weirdos with art symbols in their foofoo names. 

Edited by boyst
  • Disagree 1

You don't have to. You can also annoy me. Until just now I've never seen you exist here before. Never met you at a game or tailgate. Never even held your hand and told you I love you.

And Q is still unproven by anyone to be anyone but I believe it was an ingenious move by the Dems to cause the madness it did to the GOP.

That's fine, because HAARP and comet pizza pepperoni with extra cheese is hardcore Biden.   Duh

I wish my side could pull off half the cool stuff you guys accuse us of

• Haha (+1) 1

Why did you send 2 links to a google map of Old Fort?

I'm not going the address the craziness in your last sentence other that to say you lose credibility.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Everyone is thinking it, but probably not anything a well known Dem op should be saying out loud like this…

(He doesn’t say the last sentence - Clay is deceptively editorializing)

Still.. the Asheville vs Rural part isnt great to be saying out loud, given how high tensions are in terms of people believing help is not being delivered appropriately 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Why did you send 2 links to a google map of Old Fort?

I'm not going the address the craziness in your last sentence other that to say you lose credibility.

I must have had the wrong links copied but I provided links to the statement I said to back them up 

And, you don't have to believe me but you have to go f*** yourself. So, I guess I'll just let you go back to the Oblivion you have been in, and you shall let me go the same. Then again, just know I charge rent if you continue to think about me.

41 minutes ago, boyst said:

Dude. No.
Dems don’t have an operation with actors making videos trying to make the government response (and by implication Biden & Harris look bad).

we can control hurricanes we don’t need actors. 🙃

In all seriousness (and with respect) there are a lot of people in a lot of need, you have been one of the biggest champions of them. We all need to realize there are no points to win besides helping those in need. After that is accomplished we can discuss how it could be more efficient, or faster and simpler. Throwing around baseless accusations does no one any good. 

My $0.02

Edited by Starr-Bills
I blame Siry for all typos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

I must have had the wrong links copied but I provided links to the statement I said to back them up 

And, you don't have to believe me but you have to go f*** yourself. So, I guess I'll just let you go back to the Oblivion you have been in, and you shall let me go the same. Then again, just know I charge rent if you continue to think about me.

The links you provided were to a google map of Old Fort.  Didn't exactly back up anything you said.

I'm giving you some friendly advice, tone down the politics and the crazier stuff you say and you may have a wider receptive audience that would provide more resources.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Starr-Bills said:

Dude. No.
Dems don’t have an operation with actors making videos trying to make the government response (and by implication Biden & Harris look bad).

we can control hurricanes we don’t need actors. 🙃

In all seriousness (and with respect) there are a lot of people in a lot of need, you have Ben one of the biggest champions of them. We all need to realize there are no points to win besides helping those in need. After that is accomplished we can discuss how it could be more efficient, or faster and simpler. Throwing around baseless accusations does no one any good. 

My $0.02

I'm not saying it's a baseless claim I'm just trying to put in perspective that we can't take anyone's word for anything just because they're posting about it online. And that goes for me too. You can believe me or you can't, it really doesn't hurt my feelings but I'm trying to do the best to report directly from people that are up there. I'll have first-hand accounts next weekend and second-hand accounts Sunday when my wife goes up. 

Just now, Scraps said:

The links you provided were to a google map of Old Fort.  Didn't exactly back up anything you said.

I'm giving you some friendly advice, tone down the politics and the crazier stuff you say and you may have a wider receptive audience that would provide more resources.

Cool

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’d generally give a pass to an administration in the early stages of this type of event. There are many, many moving parts to disaster relief and I’d think the overwhelming sentiment to on-the-ground relief workers is to help as many people as possible as quickly as possible.  It’s a tragic situation. 

However, I think the juxtaposition between aid to people in these areas as opposed to tax dollars directed to all things illegal immigration is as reasonable as any other discussion on priorities.  

I’m also taken aback by stories of officials shutting down rescue/aid efforts by locals in these areas when aid is slow to come from official sources.  

Of course, as with virtually every other situation, it’s a political talking point and just the way it goes. The admin in charge bears the weight of the charges of incompetence and slow response times. 

Let’s see some numbers I don’t think they will fit your narrative.