Hurricane Helene

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

We found the cause. Republicans are so smart

I’d generally give a pass to an administration in the early stages of this type of event. There are many, many moving parts to disaster relief and I’d think the overwhelming sentiment to on-the-ground relief workers is to help as many people as possible as quickly as possible.  It’s a tragic situation. 

However, I think the juxtaposition between aid to people in these areas as opposed to tax dollars directed to all things illegal immigration is as reasonable as any other discussion on priorities.  

I’m also taken aback by stories of officials shutting down rescue/aid efforts by locals in these areas when aid is slow to come from official sources.  

Of course, as with virtually every other situation, it’s a political talking point and just the way it goes. The admin in charge bears the weight of the charges of incompetence and slow response times. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pretty evident at this point that the federal government response to this disaster is woefully lacking. 

Id think both sides of the aisle can agree on this.  

You can still vote for Harris and admit that between Hawaii, East Palestine and WNC, something needs to change. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Pretty evident at this point that the federal government response to this disaster is woefully lacking. 

Id think both sides of the aisle can agree on this.  

You can still vote for Harris and admit that between Hawaii, East Palestine and WNC, something needs to change. 

It is the graft that surrounds all of these organizations. The amount that is funneled through non-profs and other groups, the kickbacks and the like, it's terrible. 

Anyone who's worked with non-prof knows it is a whole level of mess that is concerned about equity and putting money under cops and just shaking it around. It's a whole horse trade. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Weird that the video cuts out in the middle of a sentence.

Would be a little embarrassing for you if the next words out of his mouth were "an immediately almost, they added an additional 30 counties" and then go on to explain that he expects the numbers to go up as FEMA gets more data...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, boyst said:

@stevestojan this is who you helped.

http://imgur.com/a/9IlbCKX

What a horrifying/harrowing story. Thanks for sharing with me. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

⬆️ 

The King.

POS.

How many Chicago illegals have you taken in King?

WHOA!! 

we have a winner in the “who will ignore the post and deflect to the most ridiculous point” contest!! 

Dolt. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

What a horrifying/harrowing story. Thanks for sharing with me. 

WHOA!! 

we have a winner in the “who will ignore the post and deflect to the most ridiculous point” contest!! 

Dolt. 

i will continue to send you updates from her / them as they come in. you're not the only one to offer help here and elsewhere.

i would be proud to help anyone direct assistance to where it is needed most with discretion if you'd like.

22 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Oh look, NC Republicans think the MAGA posters on PPP are a big problem:

the conspiracies that are being spread are being spread by a small percent. it's hilarious.

the big companies are using this to go in and get lithium discovered recently in the nc mountains.

the big companies are looking to harvest more silica from the region which is some of the best in the world.

radio and radar antennas turned the storm to this path to avoid more populated areas.

...the sad reality is that after so much the government has lied to us about it is not unimagined that some people can truly believe this stuff. everything from CIA ops to the covid vaccine working fullproof... you have to accept free speech regardless.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2