Hurricane Helene

Wtf

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Both Harvey and Olivia Troye, a former Trump White House homeland security adviser who backed up Harvey’s claim, say Trump is approaching Hurricane Helene with a similar mindset. They say he is politicizing a disaster that has killed more than 170 people in six states. And Troye, who has endorsed Harris for president, accused Trump of trying to divert attention from his own political liabilities on disaster responses.

She said if Trump wins the White House again, he will view disasters through a political lens that values personal loyalty over damage considerations.

Covid and other natural disaster response , in his time kinda contradict the story. 

I know someone who works for a local news station here in NC. He's been in a helicopter over the region.

He relayed similar descriptions to me.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Wtf

Both Harvey and Olivia Troye, a former Trump White House homeland security adviser who backed up Harvey’s claim, say Trump is approaching Hurricane Helene with a similar mindset. They say he is politicizing a disaster that has killed more than 170 people in six states. And Troye, who has endorsed Harris for president, accused Trump of trying to divert attention from his own political liabilities on disaster responses.

She said if Trump wins the White House again, he will view disasters through a political lens that values personal loyalty over damage considerations.

Covid and other natural disaster response , in his time kinda contradict the story. 

The King!!!

:lol:

by POLITICO!!!!

Reliable.

Screenshot_20241003_125333.thumb.jpg.0269409f69618f63b8081629a1b25525.jpg

• Sad 1

MORE. 

When Jordan Seidhom woke up Saturday morning, he saw a Facebook post that tens of thousands of people were commenting on and sharing. A family was stranded on a mountain in Banner Elk, North Carolina.

They ran out of water a day earlier and just enough food to last less than two days.

Seidhom, the former head of the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office narcotics unit, knows a thing or two about finding people. He researched the mountain chain where the family was located and found a place to land on his mapping software.

He loaded bottled water and food into his helicopter and headed toward Banner Elk.

“I thought, I have a helicopter, maybe I can help,” Seidhom told Queen City News Chief Investigator Jody Barr.

What followed was a few heartwarming rescues of people Biden-Harris had left behind.

Then:

Seidhom landed in a parking lot at Boys Camp Road and Memorial Highway near the Lake Lure Flowering Bridge where he said he spotted a group of first responders gathered.

“Once we landed where emergency personnel were, I was met by a fire chief or maybe a captain, and he asked me who I was. I told him who I was, who I was with, just a local volunteer,” Seidhom said. The man was from an out-of-state fire department who’d traveled to N.C. to help in the rescue efforts, Seidhom said.

He believed the chief was from somewhere in Michigan.

“I told him my background experience, law enforcement, firefighting, and pilot and he immediately started helping with coordination. He gave me radio frequencies to coordinate with them on, set up a landing area for me to come back with the other victim, and just basically started the rescue efforts; the policies and procedures that you would take coordinating with someone from an outside source or outside agency. And in the middle of the whole conversation and them blocking the road off, I was greeted by the – at that time I didn’t know – but the Lake Lure fire chief, or assistant chief, maybe. And he shut down the whole operation.”

More: “If that’s what you want us to do, we’ll leave no issue. And I explained to him that I left my son on the side of the mountain, and I left another victim. I was going to go back and bring them, it was already set up for the landing spot and then I would get out of his area. He told me I wasn’t going to go back up the mountain to get them, I was going to leave them there.”

https://myfox8.com/news/public-safety/emergency/pilot-flying-supply-rescue-missions-in-western-north-carolina-ordered-out-under-arrest-threat/

Tar, feathers. 

If anyone has any ways to get 2 stroke oil to WNC and the area find a way.

VA doesn't need it. Joe's arm has enough ky for the whole state. 😘

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MORE. 

When Jordan Seidhom woke up Saturday morning, he saw a Facebook post that tens of thousands of people were commenting on and sharing. A family was stranded on a mountain in Banner Elk, North Carolina.

They ran out of water a day earlier and just enough food to last less than two days.

Seidhom, the former head of the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office narcotics unit, knows a thing or two about finding people. He researched the mountain chain where the family was located and found a place to land on his mapping software.

He loaded bottled water and food into his helicopter and headed toward Banner Elk.

“I thought, I have a helicopter, maybe I can help,” Seidhom told Queen City News Chief Investigator Jody Barr.

What followed was a few heartwarming rescues of people Biden-Harris had left behind.

Then:

Seidhom landed in a parking lot at Boys Camp Road and Memorial Highway near the Lake Lure Flowering Bridge where he said he spotted a group of first responders gathered.

“Once we landed where emergency personnel were, I was met by a fire chief or maybe a captain, and he asked me who I was. I told him who I was, who I was with, just a local volunteer,” Seidhom said. The man was from an out-of-state fire department who’d traveled to N.C. to help in the rescue efforts, Seidhom said.

He believed the chief was from somewhere in Michigan.

“I told him my background experience, law enforcement, firefighting, and pilot and he immediately started helping with coordination. He gave me radio frequencies to coordinate with them on, set up a landing area for me to come back with the other victim, and just basically started the rescue efforts; the policies and procedures that you would take coordinating with someone from an outside source or outside agency. And in the middle of the whole conversation and them blocking the road off, I was greeted by the – at that time I didn’t know – but the Lake Lure fire chief, or assistant chief, maybe. And he shut down the whole operation.”

More: “If that’s what you want us to do, we’ll leave no issue. And I explained to him that I left my son on the side of the mountain, and I left another victim. I was going to go back and bring them, it was already set up for the landing spot and then I would get out of his area. He told me I wasn’t going to go back up the mountain to get them, I was going to leave them there.”

https://myfox8.com/news/public-safety/emergency/pilot-flying-supply-rescue-missions-in-western-north-carolina-ordered-out-under-arrest-threat/

Tar, feathers. 

Could it just be that this is a rescue mission of epic scale, in rough terrain with isolated towns and houses?  Nah. It’s all a conspiracy. Y’all are f’ed in the head. 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

If anyone has any ways to get 2 stroke oil to WNC and the area find a way.

VA doesn't need it. Joe's arm has enough ky for the whole state. 😘

My region is actually well stocked for food, water and supplies. Virginia strong. Proud of my neighbors. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

remember when the Republican party was the party of Lincoln?  Me too.  I miss that.  and it's byrd.

Ironically Lincoln was shot for presenting a genuine threat to the system too.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

Good to know Quack misses the GOP of the 1860s.

Because as we know Lincoln and the majority of republican leadership of the 1860s were unquestionably racist.

I wonder why Quack longs for that GOP? Could it be because he's a RACIST HIMSELF?

In order to play by the rules of the modern useful idiot leftist these things must be an all or nothing proposition when judging the overall character of men from centuries past by modern standards.

There is zero room for nuance between the racist rhetoric espoused by those leaders of the day while they were also recognizing the evils of slavery and working to eventually end it through brutal civil war.

Nuance be damned. The baby must be thrown out with the bathwater or else racist!

So Quack why do you long for the days when unabashed racists were in power?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Good to know Quack misses the GOP of the 1860s.

Because as we know Lincoln and the majority of republican leadership of the 1860s were unquestionably racist.

I wonder why Quack longs for that GOP? Could it be because he's a RACIST HIMSELF?

In order to play by the rules of the modern useful idiot leftist these things must be an all or nothing proposition when judging the overall character of men from centuries past by modern standards.

There is zero room for nuance between the racist rhetoric espoused by those leaders of the day while they were also recognizing the evils of slavery and working to eventually end it through brutal civil war.

Nuance be damned. The baby must be thrown out with the bathwater or else racist!

So Quack why do you long for the days when unabashed racists were in power?

somebody hand you a used thesaurus and dictionary?  Look at you trying to sit at the adult table...but falling flat.  

I'm not racist but that's what MAGAs do:  project their failings on the other.  I was merely explaining to the uninformed the history of R and D in the south.  There was nary a single southern R after the civil war.  The KKK was D.   And now MAGA owns most of those historic areas and families. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just got off a call and one of the guys is friends with a school principal in NC.  

Said the destruction and loss of life there hasn’t even begun to be known. 

His school is currently storing bodies.  Didn’t say how many, but that it’s alot.. and growing every day.  

So many stories like this…

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"dude Fema kicked everyone out of Gerton today and threatened arrests if they didn't leave and litterally just set equipment up and did NOTHING except flex. They have lied to the public about *****. They want all the local grassroots to stop bc they can't profit from it. It's very disgusting and unethical."

He's in Asheville, he's a great guy, and he's as liberal as they come.

• Angry 2