Hurricane Helene

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The arts district on the river is gone.  The biking trail will probably survive.  Biltmore village is still underwater.  The restaurants will come back if they can get water.  Rebuild it and they will come.  It is an excellent place to visit.  Never been to Rocky's.  Sounds like my kinda place.

$750 per will cover it, for sure.  I'd make my travel plans now.

• Like (+1) 2

fema and gov has issued stand down orders to private groups. a friend is working disaster relief as a coordinator for a team of 50 responders and is their designated person. the team consists of volunteer firefighters and emt. they let her know what she needs and she is ferrying the stuff from stations and donations to them daily. they've sat on their ass for two days but found back roads in and went to other communities yesterday to finally begin helping.

talked to supervisors from Duke Power who are cleaning the roads saying bodies just strewn about but there are tons of aid workers sent in and sitting around. duke power cannot do anything officially to clear the ways but the line crews are opening the roads. line workers are cutting trees off roads, out of the way. but, again, they're saying they can't walk more than 20' without seeing a dead body just rotting there and they're not allowed to touch them. the communications too busy to let anyone know where to get them.

they're also being told to stand down because fiber optic lines are up with power lines and to leave power lines in place in the way. groups are asking to just get some D6's to go in there and make routes in via road but are being told it would damage the road for repair later.

this is more direct contact with more people working up there. every. single. person.....EVERYONE is saying the government is underwhelming to AWOL on this response. and some of these people went to New Orleans to say it is worse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

hey @stevestojan... be careful where you think you want to donate.

GY7mI5LWMAAmEiM?format=jpg&name=900x900
this has been reported all across the region and in every natural disaster. the red cross, united way, all of these big fancy groups come in and take the assts from the people who collected them and have been there from the start.

there have been reports they come in and empty local churches, centers, and such in the communities to truck off to other locations away from where they're needed.

it's all a big shake down.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yes and it will come with a dictionary for every American so they can properly spell “oversight” and “federal.”

You’re right, I apologize for the oversight on oversite.

Feral was intentional, as your love for inept governmental agencies is over the top. You make the average liberal blush.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

this has been reported all across the region and in every natural disaster. the red cross, united way, all of these big fancy groups come in and take the assts from the people who collected them and have been there from the start.

there have been reports they come in and empty local churches, centers, and such in the communities to truck off to other locations away from where they're needed.

You put up a report from an illiterate Tenn MAGA and claim it as fact

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Shocking that you take some random post and believe it as fact - “a big shake down.” 

Is this the same as the lady who claimed Haitians were eating pets and then realized morons believed it so she had to publicly admit she was just lying? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Shocking that you take some random post and believe it as fact - “a big shake down.” 

Is this the same as the lady who claimed Haitians were eating pets and then realized morons believed it so she had to publicly admit she was just lying? 

Right. People will believe anything they see on Twitter.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

shocking you wouldn't take into account that i am here, have multuple friends and contacts involved in the efforts and you just dismiss it because you're confirmation bias would be destroyed and your feeble mind can't think for itself.

honest question, when you're doing daily tasks do you talk to yourself just to make sure you're doing it right? i can see it now...

"i am putting on my shoes. i tie my shoes."

"i am petting the bunny. i am petting the bunny soft."

i mean, seriously... you just discredit this post because why? do you not believe me and the first hand accounts people are telling me? lineman removing bodies tangles in powerlines. running out of body bags. fema on the perimeter and standing down until assessors have taken their bean countines numbers.

which part do you not believe? is it personal because you don't believe me? is it because you just don't want to believe? why, stojan? you're not a stupid.

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You put up a report from an illiterate Tenn MAGA and claim it as fact

i put up an account that is the same i've heard from Duke power companies up there and volunteers. they're being gamed up there.

you and stojan are discrediting the source because he does not have some M.D., PhD by his name... i mean, stojan is so educated and high above us he doesn't care that there are men with testicles to go help in times like this that barely know how to change a lightbulb.

stojan's virtue is so strong that he can judge with just his little fingers instead of getting up off his ass an onto his feet to do something. those volunteers in asheville have a bigger scrote than he does.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know what explains God picking on that tiny liberal pocket of civilization that is Asheville. But as for the rest of that Trump-idol Worshiping Region, I refer you to the wisdom of Pizzagate Jack.

People here will post this guy as an example of their politics and then deny he’s a neonazi lmao 

I like when James Kirkpatrick and the other neonazis get dunked on. 

• Vomit 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

People here will post this guy as an example of their politics and then deny he’s a neonazi lmao 

What I love is that the one-day LA flooding that Pizzagate Jack attributed to the Wrath of God has been followed by about a dozen natural disasters in red states that apparently have nothing at all to do with God's opinions on politics.

• Like (+1) 2