Georgia at Alabama

Bill from NYC

3 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Looks like Bama will be moving to #1.  Gotta think no matter how this game ended the winner would be jumping over Texas.

Probably No. 2.  Texas played well.

What a crazy ballgame.  To actually take a lead in the 4th qtr.  Wow!  Congrats to Bama.  Nice win!  See you again in the SEC Championship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Wow, 17 years old.  Makes even Edmunds seem old!

He looks even better than Marvin Jr did as a freshman.

But if the 'Bama staff doesn't start coaching him hard about those push-offs, the officials will start providing the lessons.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

See you again in the SEC Championship.

Yeah, these guys could potentially play 3 times this year :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Probably No. 2.  Texas played well.

What a crazy ballgame.  To actually take a lead in the 4th qtr.  Wow!  Congrats to Bama.  Nice win!  See you again in the SEC Championship

I don’t get how they’re #1, but Texas probably will stay there.

Okla. and Ga. are their next two games, they get through that their schedule, for a SEC team, is soft the rest of the way. 

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I think you might be feeling OK.

Holy schnikes, man.

Division 1 just got put on notice.

It was a wonderful game, but  it was not good for my blood pressure. They really need to stay focused and figure out how they gave up a seemingly insurmountable lead. 

Next weekend I will be up in Maine and I'm 99% sure that I won't be able to see the game because it will be on the SEC Channel. Even if I do find a place to watch it, I'm thinking that my wife will get pretty upset, and it's unreasonable of me to blame her. I watch every Bills game and every Crimson Tide game so I have no basis to win an argument.

Whoever thought it would come to this? :) 

7 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Looks like Bama will be moving to #1.  Gotta think no matter how this game ended the winner would be jumping over Texas.

I hope not. Saban hated when the press and the fans would tell the team just how great they are. Remember when he called it "rat poison?" 

DeBoer looks very good but I still miss the GOAT. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nick+Saban+rat+poison&oq=Nick+Saban+rat+poison&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCjEyNjY3ajBqMTWoAgiwAgE&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:16fdb409,vid:z3fJ-CYlRno,st:0

Edited by Bill from NYC

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

They really need to stay focused and figure out how they gave up a seemingly insurmountable lead. 

I thought they stopped attacking the Georgia defense after halftime and acted like they thought they could just sit on the ball and run out the clock.

Not only is that tactically unsound, but it will absolutely suck the juice right out of your players. There were multiple instance of a 'Bama player laying down or running OB short of the sticks in the second half, and that is a result of the guys with the headsets coaching the urgency right out of them. When you're playing a team that is just as good as you are, you have got to have the stones to keep coming after them, imo.

If they will just trust themselves to keep going after people when they're already in control of a game, I think they'll probably run the table; at least until their conference championship game.

Props to whoever worked with the Milroe kid for the last 9 months; they just may have turned him into an actual QB. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, US Egg said:

I don’t get how they’re #1, but Texas probably will stay there.

Okla. and Ga. are their next two games, they get through that their schedule, for a SEC team, is soft the rest of the way. 

Will Alabama leapfrog Ohio State?

Heck of a game, but the good guys eventually won.

I almost feel bad for UGA's next opponent who will take the wrath of UGA's frustration.

But then I remember, UGA's next opponent is Auburn.

I don't feel so bad anymore.

@#$% Auburn.

Edited by Cynical
  • Like (+1) 1