Just some night game schedule thoughts

Just Jack

14 hours ago, Saxum said:

It is a cheap man’s representation tool.  One of the few tools M$ got right but they keep trying to add stuff to break it..  

Excel is awesome. But Word and PowerPoint are pretty good as well. Word has some annoying things, though.

18 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Just some random thoughts I had...

I was curious how many teams over the years had a Thursday night game, then a Monday night game, since that would typically be the longest stretch between games for a team.  So, I looked back, going to the 2002 schedule since that was where I could start finding a consistent Thursday night game, not just on Thanksgiving.  Turns out there have been a lot of teams that got a Thursday-then-Monday schedule...

image.thumb.png.ca80fd54d9ba2196204f282cda62e1ee.png

Then that got me thinking, how many teams have had three night games in a row.  That number was a lot less, but it does happen.  For that, I did not care which night game it was (Thursday, Sunday, Monday).  Now, there were a lot of teams that would get 1 or 2 night games, then a Sunday afternoon game, then back to a night game.  Those I did not count.  But as you'll see, I did count if they had a bye week in the middle of their stretch.  More surprising was a couple times teams would get four night games.  I'm guessing those may have been games that were flexed.  

image.thumb.png.5f9cbde8b2d38758f721a2ce21a9b507.png

Just found this interesting and thought I'd share.  

I wonder how many of those were from flexing games.

On 9/27/2024 at 2:41 PM, stevewin said:

Thought you would at least compile the W-L statistics for those scenarios 😛

Hey, I gave anyone that wants to dig deeper, a starting point.  

I will say though, I did notice some things when compiling these lists, like Denver, 2006, when they had two stretches of three night games, the first three were all wins, the second three were all losses.  
And Dallas, multiple years would have a Thursday night game the week after playing on Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Just Jack

55 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Remember the days we stunk and had a lock on Sunday 1pm game unless on west coast

We sucked, but at least the noon games meant the entire Sunday wasn't wasted!  I hate primetime games