[Misleading Title]

Savage

10 hours ago, Savage said:

Considering how much $$ some of these other jokers are making per year, how much will JA17 be making per year when he signs a new contract / renegotiated present contract?

80 mil per year? the way QB contracts are trending, doesn’t seem out of range, but crazy none the less.

When you put it like this, it really is amazing. I suppose in the not so far away future there will be billionaire quarterbacks.  I'm not angry about this mind you. It really doesn't matter to me, but it's kinda hard to wrap my head around billionaire quarterbacks.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Are you his agent?😎

I could not think of one single job that I would rather have. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

When you put it like this, it really is amazing. I suppose in the not so far away future there will be billionaire quarterbacks.  I'm not angry about this mind you. It really doesn't matter to me, but it's kinda hard to wrap my head around billionaire quarterbacks.

I could not think of one single job that I would rather have. 

I would say, within the next 10 years, at most, we will see the first billion $$$ contract.

10 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

If there was ever a QB that would take a “team friendly deal” (like Brady) it would be Josh.

Not getting my hopes up, though.

Side deals, like NE* did with Brady. Part ownership in Topps Markets, ‘Allen Chevrolet’, Erie County Agriculture chairman, Leer Jet & lifetime pilot, etc..

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So it’s comments like these that always make the players the bad guys.  Just because he’s not hurting for money or because his girlfriend makes a lot of money does not mean he shouldn’t get paid what he is worth. Do we all hope he will take a discount, of course but that doesn’t mean he should. It’s not Allen’s job (or any player for that matter) to make sure everything works under the cap. It’s his job to be the best QB he can be and then get compensated fairly in accordance to his peers.

If Josh wants $70 million a year no one should hold that against him. The GMs and front office people are also paid a lot of money to make these things work, so let them earn their money as well. 

I swear being an NFL owner is the best gig in the world. You get to make billions of dollars and when a player wants to make more money somehow they are the bad guy, not you 

Why does making "billions" of dollars, when they made a multi-billion dollar investment, to make millions a year make the owners bad?  If the players aren't bad for wanting to make money, why are the owners?  Maybe some logical consistency is needed.

12 hours ago, Savage said:

Considering how much $$ some of these other jokers are making per year, how much will JA17 be making per year when he signs a new contract / renegotiated present contract?

80 mil per year?

the way QB contracts are trending, doesn’t seem out of range, but crazy none the less.

$80 mil. Is in my opinion, an exaggeration.  $60 mil sure as someone will break it, but we’ve also increased the cap by $20 mil/yr.  The key question is % if the cap as it’s a fluid number.  Josh a few years ago was the 2nd highest paid QB until he’s not.  Now I believe he’s 13th..

im not sure why people get so obsessed with a number when first, it’s not the posters $, and 2nd, it’s fluid target.  Beane has been masterful with the cap and when to pull the trigger on extensions.

Josh is smart. He'll re-ante with the Bills when the time comes.  He knows winning football will get him more endorsements, and the Bills are a solid bet for that.  He'll get a top raise that will quickly fall in terms of rank the years following and the team will be left with wiggle room because of how Josh is willing to structure the deal. 

In My Opinion

3 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

Why does making "billions" of dollars, when they made a multi-billion dollar investment, to make millions a year make the owners bad?  If the players aren't bad for wanting to make money, why are the owners?  Maybe some logical consistency is needed.

I never blamed the owners, they just stated that the players are always made out to be the enemy by the fans. Maybe some reading comprehension is needed