TNF- Gmen vs Cowpokes *Prime Video/NFLPlus 8:15 est

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Hey Dabs there’s a spot for you as qb coach assistant in Buffalo!

I’d pass on Daboll. I don’t think he was so great as an OC here. He was solid, but not the type of OC we need 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

Both teams in qb purgatory. I thot Jerry would go all in. To tank. (The smart play) NOT pay ceedee. And NOT pay Dak. As offseason wore on it looked like he was doing it. Then he pays both. They’re never gonna win w these. Bettter to bottom out and hope you find a Josh Allen 

That’s insane

I used to think that way, but Beane taught me a lesson in the 2018 draft. Instead of bottoming out, they acquired enough draft capital that they could be sitting at 21 and still move up & get Josh Allen.  Beane proved that if you have a plan there's no reason to bottom out.  All it took was Glenn, a player who had already been replaced by a rookie (Dawkins), to get to 12, and trading their 2 2nds to move to 7.  Basically, the only commodities they gave up to move up from 21 were Glenn, Watkins on the last year of his contract, and their own 2nd.  They also got lucky that 6 teams didn't want Josh Allen.  

Here's the Giants example why sucking doesn't help if you're not bad enough.  The Giants settled on Nabers because the QBs they were interested in were gone by pick 3.  Now Nabers is really good, but I'm sure Giants fans would rather have Daniels instead of Daniel.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Not sure how Daniel Jones doesn’t make at least one 10-15 yard pass with 30 seconds left to set up a realistic Hail Mary. Daboll is cooked.

His arm must be so weak. Every time he throws it more than 15 yards down the field it looks like a fly ball in baseball.

If you are going to invest in Jones like they did you have to surround him with as much talent as possible. It’s clear Nabers is a star. I wonder how much better they would have been if they kept Barkley. Having both those guys make you a competent offense that can put up 20+ a game even with Jones 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If you are going to invest in Jones like they did you have to surround him with as much talent as possible. It’s clear Nabers is a star. I wonder how much better they would have been if they kept Barkley. Having both those guys make you a competent offense that can put up 20+ a game even with Jones 

Do they have a good OL?  All SB winning teams had good to great OL that gave time to their QB to make their throws...Brady had some of the phenomenal OL and so did Big Ben in Pittsburgh.  I am sure the Giants won those two SB with Eli with a strong OL and DL (that harassed passers)

Edited by ganesh