Matt who? - Dorian Williams - What will the Bills do when Milano can return?

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Matt Milano is the best player on the defense when healthy. You start him no matter what.

not sure that is accurate anymore with how Douglas, Benford, and Groot are playing.  In any event, can't afford 3 top LBs when we need to pay Bernard, Williams and Milano.   

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

what will we do? We will have 3 good undersized guys that will each likely get nicked up with their aggressive play plus a nickel corner in the same boat. I’d guess they will very much appreciate the depth and regularly need it

I think you keep until you have to pay multiple, or unless a reasonable trade offer comes along.  Def do not cut and have dead cap.  

On 9/26/2024 at 12:52 PM, No_Matter_What said:

Yeah like you said it is good problem to have.

Anyway, there is always someone injured, so problems like this one often sort themselves out.

Btw we have similar "problem" with our boundary CBs right now. I am pretty sure that Elam would be more than serviceable NFL starter, but we might never know the way how Douglas and Benford are playing.

I have to imagine they will let Douglas walk in FA and look to resign Benford. Draft a guy to compete with Elam and go from there. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure that is accurate anymore with how Douglas, Benford, and Groot are playing.  In any event, can't afford 3 top LBs when we need to pay Bernard, Williams and Milano.   

I think you keep until you have to pay multiple, or unless a reasonable trade offer comes along.  Def do not cut and have dead cap.  

I'd prefer to treat LB like RB going forward. Draft a bunch on day 3 (Milano, Spector, etc.) then when their contracts are up say thank you for your service and get a comp pick to rinse & repeat