Matt who? - Dorian Williams - What will the Bills do when Milano can return?

BuffaloBill

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Is MM comes back, the assumption is that he will be 100% healthy before doing so and there is zero doubt that a healthy MM is simply a superior player. 

Minus a full year of not having played.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really?

I'm looking at Spotrac and while is 2025 and 2026 yearly hits are over $16 million a year, I see his prorated signing bonus 2.389 million each year. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21905/matt-milano

Unless there are other guaranteed bonuses (boni?) I would have thought next year's cap hit is just under $5 million for Milano.

Fantastic player and teammate BUT... next season he's 30 and for an oft-injured guy I'm not counting on him playing a full season. It sounds like heresy but if Williams continues this and if I'm reading it correctly (I may not be) I'd consider losing his $16 million total hit and taking the $5 million dead money.

Yes.  His dead cap for next year is $17M.  I think it would be bad to take that hit and lose him to boot.

Let's see how he comes back health wise.  IMO.

• Agree 1

I think this is a reasonable question for next offseason. Milano is about to turn 30 and is highly paid, but there's probably a trade out there that works for both sides given he's an All Pro at his best.

As for this year, it's a no brainer that we keep him and hope he's healthy enough to help us in playoffs. Mostly healthy Milano >>> Dorian.

Edited by VW82

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

A nice breakdown of Dorian Williams in pass coverage at about the 1:00 mark.

This kid is just starting to shine.  The Bills staff deserves a ton of credit for showing up this uber athletic kid’s game. You saw flashes last year but all too often he was over running or out of position.

Not now.

What will the Bills do when Milano is ready to return? What a cool problem to have.

what will we do? We will have 3 good undersized guys that will each likely get nicked up with their aggressive play plus a nickel corner in the same boat. I’d guess they will very much appreciate the depth and regularly need it