If Hopkins becomes available, would you want Beane to trade for him?

SCBills

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Honestly, depending on how they feel about Samuel’s injury.

He’s someone I thought would see a lot of production/opportunity, and he’s kinda been MIA, maybe because of that lingering foot.

hopefully Keon stays healthy, but he wouldn’t be the first rookie to get worn down from a health standpoint by the end of the season. 

He's only played 46 snaps which is last out of the WRs, so i can't really fault him for a lack of production.  I'm not sure if its injury or script, but either way - nice to win with him not really needing to do much.  

He no longer seems like a fit for what the Bills are doing in the passing game.

It seems to me that the Bills want their Sacrificial X receiver to be a great blocker and a selfless player. Hollins is that guy.

From all perspectives: effort, selflessness, play style...I don't see the Bills wanting to take on Deandre Hopkins.

Now if they can flip a late day three pick for Marvin Mims to add some speed and explosiveness to the Z, I'd be all over it.

Edited by Logic

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's only played 46 snaps which is last out of the WRs, so i can't really fault him for a lack of production.  I'm not sure if it’s injury or script, but either way - nice to win with him not really needing to do much.  

I think it’s injury.

If he’s rendered ineffective because of a lingering foot injury, that brings the WR number to 4. That’s a razor thing margin for a season. Jmo.

The way we are playing right now, I understand why people would say no, but the first game we lose where Allen has trouble without a "go to" receiver target on third/goal line downs, we will miss not having a guy like Hopkins. Shakir has been great but he's not a traditional outside receiver and will be on the field with or without Hopkins. Coleman isn't there yet to the point of being dependable, and Mack and MVS are never going to be more than role players. Samuels is a completely different type of gadget receiver. There will come a point I the season where we could really use someone line Hopkins on the outside honestly.  Of course, I wouldn't give up a lot for him but if the titans were willing to dump him relatively cheaply and eat some of the cap, I'd be interested. Hopkins beats to his own drum for sure but is certainly not the type of selfish distraction of a person that Diggs proved to be. I'd be fine with a one year cheap flier while Coleman is still developing. We only have so many years with Allen, gotta maximize the opportunities! 

• Agree 1

I would in heart beat

When you get to the playoffs I want a guy who has actually won battles one on one before in key moments

We currently have smallish wr's or inexperienced guys and we saw what happened when the Chiefs got real handsy in the playoffs a few seasons ago against our smaller wr's 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but given the Titans start, it seems almost a given that he will want out & they would look to accommodate that (if things don’t turn around for them). 

So let’s bring his head issues here and screw up chemistry, unreal!

He certainly isn't the player he once was, but man o man, what ever is thrown to him, he catches.  I think we can all see the result of D Watson without D Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I would in heart beat

When you get to the playoffs I want a guy who has actually won battles one on one before in key moments

We currently have smallish wr's or inexperienced guys and we saw what happened when the Chiefs got real handsy in the playoffs a few seasons ago against our smaller wr's 

Hollins, Keon, and MVS are all pretty big dudes fwiw.  

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I would in heart beat

I wouldn’t necessarily say Shakir and Samuel are smallish.  They are both around 6’ and are pretty built WR’s. 

Hollins, MVS and Coleman are big WR’s with Keon certainly being inexperienced.  

Im definitely open to Hopkins given he shouldn’t cost much and is an easy cap fit, but I think our WR room is built with what KC has been able to do to our WR’s in the past.  

4th quarter, 2 minutes to go, we're down by 6, in the AFCCG against the Chiefs. Everyone in the stadium knows we have to pass the ball and their defensive formation is daring us to beat them outside. Does anybody really trust Hollins, Coleman, or MVS in that situation right now? So yes give me a guy that's proven time and time again he makes big plays in those critical moments of close games. Trading for Hopkins is an ideal move to get us over the hump.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but given the Titans start, it seems almost a given that he will want out & they would look to accommodate that (if things don’t turn around for them). 

This a grain?

IMG_0200.thumb.jpeg.3aaed45d283a69df11aa15032f450902.jpeg

10 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

The way we are playing right now, I understand why people would say no, but the first game we lose where Allen has trouble without a "go to" receiver target on third/goal line downs, we will miss not having a guy like Hopkins. Shakir has been great but he's not a traditional outside receiver and will be on the field with or without Hopkins. Coleman isn't there yet to the point of being dependable, and Mack and MVS are never going to be more than role players. Samuels is a completely different type of gadget receiver. There will come a point I the season where we could really use someone line Hopkins on the outside honestly.  Of course, I wouldn't give up a lot for him but if the titans were willing to dump him relatively cheaply and eat some of the cap, I'd be interested. Hopkins beats to his own drum for sure but is certainly not the type of selfish distraction of a person that Diggs proved to be. I'd be fine with a one year cheap flier while Coleman is still developing. We only have so many years with Allen, gotta maximize the opportunities! 

And signing him is going to ensure that we don’t start losing? Interesting!

Just now, FLFan said:

Hopkins carries an $18 m cap hit this year and is a free agent next year.  He is unaffordable for the Bills even if they wanted to.  

Good news

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

4th quarter, 2 minutes to go, we're down by 6, in the AFCCG against the Chiefs. Everyone in the stadium knows we have to pass the ball and their defensive formation is daring us to beat them outside. Does anybody really trust Hollins, Coleman, or MVS in that situation right now? So yes give me a guy that's proven time and time again he makes big plays in those critical moments of close games. Trading for Hopkins is an ideal move to get us over the hump.

Yes, the spread the ball philosophy is great in the regular season. In the playoffs against good defenses it’s going to narrow down to Cook, Shakir, Kincaid and hopefully Coleman. Adding Hopkins, a player you hope Coleman can play like, would be good insurance and he looked good last week still coming back from his MCL injury. We can still win without him but feel like it would give us some more margin for error. 

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Hollins - 6'4 221 (8th year in the NFL)

MVS  - 6'4 206 (7th year in the NFL)

Coleman - 6'4 215 (rookie)

Kincaid - 6'4 240 (2 year in the NFL)

Tiny!

Also no on Hopkins - I know people here can't help themselves, but retreads from other franchises is no longer the gameplan in Buffalo except in the depth roles and often not even then.

Edited by GASabresIUFan