If Hopkins becomes available, would you want Beane to trade for him?

SCBills

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He's a rookie.  I don't expect him to.

Experience matters.

Fair...but let me ask you this...If his name was MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers would you still be saying that you don't trust him because he is a rookie?  Or are you just using the rookie status as a reason about Coleman because you aren't as high on Coleman in general?

On 9/26/2024 at 12:28 PM, SCBills said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but given the Titans start, it seems almost a given that he will want out & they would look to accommodate that (if things don’t turn around for them). 

If the Bills pulled this off, this forum would go nuts. I like the current Bills WRs, but a talent like that can’t be denied. Even at this point of his career. Coleman would also benefit greatly from Hopkins’ mentorship. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Cap space is everything. Can any of these guys fit under this years cap, let alone future cap? Josh is going to eat more and more cap as time goes and we will need to spend wisely. Have a few one year WR contracts and Douglas is a FA next year.

2025 is an issue for sure. AJ, Rousseau, Cook, Bernard, Shakir, Spector are all due.  I don’t see how we fit all these and Allen and a star WR.

The only guy I’d want out of the list is Adam’s. Can still ball.  Hopkins does nothing for me.  Just don’t think a highly paid FA WR is on Beane’s wish list. See us spending on D and riding Josh.

D Adams?  No way.  He is more of a diva than Diggs.   Also DHop is no where near the expensive level of a D Adams type.  DHop went for around $13M/yr for TN.  DHop would cost less than the G Davis contract.

For me, the question to be answered to the FO with regards to DHop is would he be able to accept the role they have in mind.  Part of the everyone eats philosophy and DHop may not get as many targets as he is used to (or was used to).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

D Adams?  No way.  He is more of a diva than Diggs.   Also DHop is no where near the expensive level of a D Adams type.  DHop went for around $13M/yr for TN.  DHop would cost less than the G Davis contract.

For me, the question to be answered to the FO with regards to DHop is would he be able to accept the role they have in mind.  Part of the everyone eats philosophy and DHop may not get as many targets as he is used to (or was used to).

I’m talking talent with Adams. About to be traded from his second team, just like Diggs, so may not be a culture fit.  Talent wise he’s the only guy I’d want out of the potential available wr’s.

Does Hopkins give us a better option than what we have? I don’t necessarily believe so.  Who loses touches? 3rd WR?  He’s not displacing Samuel or Shakir, or Kincaid/Knox touches. Not spending that much money on a guy who is at best WR 3 and 5th in line for touches.

Most importantly, Beane is very cap conscious. Not making a large money move right now.

Like what we have with our WR’s, TE’s and Cook.

Edited by davefan66
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

do you know how many teams dont run a true #1? Do you watch the NFL?

We're not other teams.  

*edit:  Which top tier teams, sans the Ravens, don't have a #1?

How much NFL do you watch?

Edited by Chicken Boo

53 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fair...but let me ask you this...If his name was MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers would you still be saying that you don't trust him because he is a rookie?  Or are you just using the rookie status as a reason about Coleman because you aren't as high on Coleman in general?

Given the chance to add Hopkins to to the Cardinals or Giants, I would jump on it.  The Bears have Allen and Moore.

Any of the other rookies in place of Coleman on the Bills, I'd still be for a Hopkins trade.

No one will ever convince me that this current team isn't in need of more talent.

Edited by Chicken Boo

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rice is on pace for 136 receptions, 1,632 yards and 11 TDs. 

ok I will give you Rice but did they have a #1 last year?

Steelers?

I guess the point is When you have a few legit #2 WR, your team should be just fine. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

ok I will give you Rice but did they have a #1 last year?

Steelers?

I guess the point is When you have a few legit #2 WR, your team should be just fine. 

Maybe

George Pickens had 1,140 yards last year with Kenny Pickett as his QB. He wasn’t the reason that their offense was trash. That’s Malik Nabers (but a worse talent) with Danny Dimes.

Rice had 79/938/7 last year. That’s almost exactly the pace that Shakir is on (with a couple more TDs).

17 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Hate to break it to you, but Rice is a #1.

the point is. KC for example their WR's have 659 yards receiving. 

Ours has 639 total yards while we have a few more run yards. 

Seems to me like we are doing just fine. Especially considering how little Josh has had to throw the last 3 week. 

Our offense is efficient. why break that chain?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe

George Pickens had 1,140 yards last year with Kenny Pickett as his QB. He wasn’t the reason that their offense was trash. That’s Malik Nabers (but a worse talent) with Danny Dimes.

Rice had 79/938/7 last year. That’s almost exactly the pace that Shakir is on (with a couple more TDs).

right but we are only separated by 20-30 total yards. Seems like our guys are getting the job done considering how much less throws we have. **From KC

Guys, did we totally forget Diggs did not break 1200 yards last year? 

I seriously think what we are doing right now, fits the NFL today.. and even more importantly.. Is making JA play better football. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Cinci is supposed to be a contender... How is their Dynamic WR situation working out for them right now?

I don’t think the Bengals have been disappointing because they have good WR’s, i think it’s because their defense is really bad.

On 9/26/2024 at 12:15 PM, amprov56 said:

Too funny, Many need drama and a diva at WR, this everybody eats thing is driving them crazy. Sam Watkins then Stefan Diggs!

Watkins never complained about targets.  He was very productive when targeted by Bills.

It was fans and media and even some other players + coaches complaining they needed to get Sammy the ball more.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And what was Rice last year when the Chiefs won the SB?  

Hint:  Rhymes with "Wookie"

His last year was almost identical to what Shakir is trending at this year (79/938/7).

This year Rice is on pace for 136/1632/11. That may not hold but it’s probably reasonable to think 100/1300/8. If Coleman takes that step in year 2 we will all be thrilled. 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His last year was almost identical to what Shakir is trending at this year (79/938/7).

This year Rice is on pace for 136/1632/11. That may not hold but it’s probably reasonable to think 100/1300/8. If Coleman takes that step in year 2 we will all be thrilled. 

Just to clear it up, the context of my post was that poster had just been saying he doesn't trust rookies to make the plays come playoff time, then he just propped up Rice the following post.  So my point was Rice was a rookie #1 WR last year when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl.  

Here is the thing...Rice has to take that step.  Kelce was falling off last year until he found a fountain of youth pill in the playoffs and this year is no different.  Brown is out, and Worthy has been literally irrelevant outside of a handoff and one broken play all in week 1.  

But here, we don't "need" Coleman to take that kind of a production step when we are spreading the ball around so effectively and those people are making the plays when getting the targets.  So I think it is highly unlikely that Coleman, or any Bills WR, takes as significant of a statistical jump as we will see Rice take this year.  Especially now that Pacheco is also out a long period of time.  Rice is there entire offense right now so I think its quite likely he will see a pretty significant stats jump this year.  

• Like (+1) 1