Bills rank 9th in poll of top front offices in the NFL (article)

Logic

This poll in two years will be interesting for Bills fans, as the team evolves to its second core during Josh’s time.

The first core was fun and solid, consistently among the NFL’s best teams. I don’t understand anyone who hasn’t enjoyed this run.

Now, we are moving on to core #2 (probably of 3, maybe 4 with Josh) We’re seeing very good, consistent drafting and signs of good player development. Three games into the season is way too early to declare success. But, it is not too early to get optimistic, even excited.

If our new core’s performance matches the past four years of success (gulp, and maybe win a Super Bowl?!), our front office will be viewed as top three and deservedly so.

1 minute ago, Savage said:

“Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.”

It’s true that it’s my opinion that positional value matters. 

It’s also the opinion of 32 Front Offices and 32 GMs.

Which is why the best and highest paid off-ball linebacker in the league is making 25th best WR money.

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

It’s true that it’s my opinion that positional value matters. 

It’s also the opinion of 32 Front Offices and 32 GMs.

Which is why the best and highest paid off-ball linebacker in the league is making 25th best WR money.

Fair enough.

I’m not going to get into a pissing fest with you.

20 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

So someone says Beane is the best GM in the NFL, yet the Bills FO got no 1st place votes.  Color me confused. 

🤔🤔🤔

I think it was supposed to be wider than just GMs. It was how does the football operation work. But given that I'm slightly surprised the Bills are not higher. I absolutely think Howie Roseman is the best GM in football when it comes to talent evaluation and roster building. But I can argue the Bills overall front office - coherence with ownership, coherence with coaching, strategic decision making etc is superior. Roseman's fallen out with 3 coaches and despite their run in 2022 I'm not sold that Sirianni was a great coaching hire either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens at 1 with that playoff ineptitude they’ve shown for years now is a joke imo…maybe they prove me wrong in the next couple years but as it stands they’re feeling pretty close to Miami to me in that something is seriously wrong with the composition of that team preventing them from competing well when it matters 

eagles seem pretty overrated too. I’d probably slide the rams and bills up a few spots if it was me.  Rams absolutely sold out to win that Super Bowl and seemed primed to enter another period of irrelevance but they’re right back in the mix again 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This was published yesterday and placing it here. Admins can move it or perhaps a separate topic.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5797292/2024/09/26/bills-front-office-moves-orchard-park/

Some excerpts if unable to view:

With a new stadium being built across Abbott Road and owner Terry Pegula moving closer to selling a portion of the team, the Bills needed to add to their executive leadership team after years of upheaval and front-office chaos.

The Bills hired Milwaukee Brewers executive Jason Hartlund as chief commercial officer and Major League Baseball executive Kate Hussmann as chief strategy officer. As senior vice presidents, they will join chief administrative officer Josh Dziurlikowski and chief legal officer Terry Gilbride and report to executive vice president and chief operating officer Pete Guelli.

The Bills have grand plans for their Orchard Park campus once the stadium is complete. They want to host the 2028 NHL Winter Classic to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the event’s launch in what was then known as Ralph Wilson Stadium. The Bills have submitted a request to host the NFL Draft in 2028 or 2029.

Just four and a half years ago, the Bills had eight executive vice presidents and one senior VP. The Bills now have five senior VPs and one executive VP (Guelli). He said there won’t be any more additions to the Bills’ leadership group.

10 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

With a new stadium being built across Abbott Road and owner Terry Pegula moving closer to selling a portion of the team, the Bills needed to add to their executive leadership team after years of upheaval and front-office chaos.

Part of the chaos is Bills front office being tapped by other teams but Tiny Tim only mentions the "professionally unethical romantic relationship" in linked article he also wrote. 

Only gripe is Detroit.  Buffalo has been more consistent for a longer time.  Everyone else has won or made a Super-bowl.  I think Buffalo right now is ahead of Seattle.  Those Superbowl teams are further and further away.