Week 4, Bills v. Ravens, PREDICT THE SCORE!

Freddie's Dead

Can’t pick the Bills to lose until they show me a clear area of weakness. This team is firing on all cylinders at the moment, and until they give me a reason to think they’re not going to be the best team on the field on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday… late December Saturday’s, and apparently even the occasional Friday now, why think otherwise? Who says they HAVE to lose? I mean what better way for Josh to assert his eternal dominion of the Fish franchise…

Bills 31

Birds 17

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Ravens 31

Bills 10

The Bills undefeated streak comes to an end and the media narrative shifts from how great the Bills are to how easy their schedule was up until now.  Lamar isn't asked to do much, but the little play-action he does, leads to two passing touchdowns to put the game away early in the 3rd quarter.  The Bills defense is unable to get off the field early against a bludgeoning of Derrick Henry runs, and the defense is absolutely gassed by halftime.  The turnovers finally happen to the Bills as we hit the perfect trifecta of Josh interception, fumble, and Cook fumble.  With all the momentum in the Ravens favor early, the Bills are never able to right the ship.

This doesn't even seem farfetched, it seems likely.

The Bills D is pretty small, so the Ravens are going to ride Henry down our throats. That'll open up play action & Lamar scrambles, which will slowly exhaust the D.

Bills will be forced to play catch up & pass a ton. Ravens D only gives up 50 rush yards a game - by far the best in the league. And if our WRs aren't getting separation, Josh is going to start throwing into coverage just in hopes something works. 

Before this year, he had never gone 2 straight regular season games without an INT, and now we're on 3 straight. It's damn near impossible to expect 4 straight with no INTs.

Bills - 26

Ravens - 20

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I have the Ravens squeaking it out, but I can't see 31-10.   It's not a must-win for Buffalo and it just about is a must win for Baltimore.  That plays into it.  Also, the Ravens got clipped by the crappy Raiders at home. I don't know how often it happens but this era of the Ravens rarely loses two home games in a row.

Same. It is interesting though because the Ravens are historically a pretty strong team starting seasons since Lamar got there. Some of the questions people had o-line and defensively related this year and them regressing seem far more real then in a while. Still it really is a must win for them as their schedule doesn't "lighten" until week 6-9 as I would say they should win all of those games or be 3-1 at worst. Like I said in my prediction a loss really changes zero view of the season for me with the Bills as I expect they will be 4-2 come TEN and finish 11-6/12-5. Winning this game though opens up the idea of a 13-4 type year or better because truthfully there is probably not another tougher matchup on the road, NYJ feel far easier comparatively with situation & home environment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Being a very old jaundiced Bills' fans this will probably be the game where the Bills look very mortal..wish it wasn't true

Ravens 28 Bills 24 59.85% probability

Bills 28 Ravens 24  40.10% probability

0.05% probability The radioactive waste dumped in the harbor from periodic nuke sub discharges has finally affected the fauna-huge interruption of game with the first victim POE

Ray Harryhausen Movie GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

Ravens 31

Bills 10

The Bills undefeated streak comes to an end and the media narrative shifts from how great the Bills are to how easy their schedule was up until now.  Lamar isn't asked to do much, but the little play-action he does, leads to two passing touchdowns to put the game away early in the 3rd quarter.  The Bills defense is unable to get off the field early against a bludgeoning of Derrick Henry runs, and the defense is absolutely gassed by halftime.  The turnovers finally happen to the Bills as we hit the perfect trifecta of Josh interception, fumble, and Cook fumble.  With all the momentum in the Ravens favor early, the Bills are never able to right the ship.

Every football team has tried to “bludgeon” the Bills nickel based defense.  I remember when Tennessee was going to pound Henry and let Tannehill cook off play action in Week 2 in 2022.  How’d that work out?  The Bills usually have a plan.  

Lamar is Lamar.  He’s gonna make plays but the Bills have kept him in the pocket and fared well against him in the past.  

The Ravens defense is far from the powerhouse they were under Mike McDonald.  They’ve surrendered the most passing yards and don’t have a great pass rush.  

I’m not saying the Bills will win - it could go either way.  But I don’t know how you could watch these teams the past 3 weeks and think the score will be that lopsided

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

I have the Ravens squeaking it out, but I can't see 31-10.   It's not a must-win for Buffalo and it just about is a must win for Baltimore.  That plays into it.  Also, the Ravens got clipped by the crappy Raiders at home. I don't know how often it happens but this era of the Ravens rarely loses two home games in a row.

I think he always picks against Buffalo as a superstition. Reverse psychology 😉

• Thank you (+1) 1