Week 4, Bills v. Ravens, PREDICT THE SCORE!

Freddie's Dead

Ravens 31

Bills 10

The Bills undefeated streak comes to an end and the media narrative shifts from how great the Bills are to how easy their schedule was up until now.  Lamar isn't asked to do much, but the little play-action he does, leads to two passing touchdowns to put the game away early in the 3rd quarter.  The Bills defense is unable to get off the field early against a bludgeoning of Derrick Henry runs, and the defense is absolutely gassed by halftime.  The turnovers finally happen to the Bills as we hit the perfect trifecta of Josh interception, fumble, and Cook fumble.  With all the momentum in the Ravens favor early, the Bills are never able to right the ship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Ravens 31

Bills 10

The Bills undefeated streak comes to an end and the media narrative shifts from how great the Bills are to how easy their schedule was up until now.  Lamar isn't asked to do much, but the little play-action he does, leads to two passing touchdowns to put the game away early in the 3rd quarter.  The Bills defense is unable to get off the field early against a bludgeoning of Derrick Henry runs, and the defense is absolutely gassed by halftime.  The turnovers finally happen to the Bills as we hit the perfect trifecta of Josh interception, fumble, and Cook fumble.  With all the momentum in the Ravens favor early, the Bills are never able to right the ship.

I do worry about the "bludgeoning of  Derrick Henry" runs.  

But this isn't the Ravens D of years gone by.  Josh is going to move the Bills down the field and put points on the board.  Eventually, reluctantly, Harbaugh will have to start passing more to catch up.  It won't work.  

Well, that's both my hope and official prediction.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ravens 24

Bills 23

I want to asterisk that if the Bills win I think they finish the season 13-4/14-3. That is how much stock I put into this game because I think as is they are winning the division at 11-6/12-5, but this is a very tough game that changes a season to be special vs really good IMO (think Rams 2020).

The Ravens are 10-3 at home in primetime in black and look to be on the upswing despite injuries and a defense that is a major work in progress. Ravens come out with a good punch to go up 14-3 entering the 2nd quarter as they get two early rushing TDs split between Henry/Lamar. In the 2nd quarter though Josh rallies the troops on a long 7 min drive and scores a TD courtesy of Knox from 3 yards out to make it 14-10 and then a Lamar turnover allows the Bills a quick FG before entering half to make it 14-13. Buffalo gets the ball out of half and Allen finally hits MVS on a deep pass for a 55 yard TD to go up 20-14. The Ravens answer with a TD drive of their own finished by Flowers scoring on one of those reverse drop passes and the 4th quarter starts 21-20. After trading possessions Allen drives the Bills downfield with 6 mins left before they miss a 3rd and goal as Cooks drops the pass in the endzone with 1:20 left. Settling for a FG the nightmare last loss comes as the Bills defense is unable to hold the Ravens to midfield setting up a Tucker FG from 52 that just squeaks in.  

Allen 283 yds 2 TDs 1 Int 32 yds rush

Cooks 76 yds 14 att

MVS 3 rec 98 yds 1 TD

Edited by corta765
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Bills will make a statement this week

the media will read that statement as the Ravens are a bad team. 

But on a positive note for the Ravens, I can see the headlines now....  RAVENS ARE A BAD TEAM, but on a Positive note Lamar Jackson secures 3rd MVP with his 12/21 201 yds 1 rushing TD and 2 INTs.... League wrapping up MVP voting early!  Congrats to Lamar! 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills 26 - Ravens 20.

Make no mistake, Baltimore is a real team unlike our first three opponents.  I'm counting on Allen continuing to play almost mistake free.   Our offense should be fine if we keep doing like we've been, but it'll get slowed down by the Baltimore defense IMO.  Our defense is going to have to load the box to stop the run. The Baltimore crowd cares and it will be an adverse environment.  

• Like (+1) 1

On offense: Bills are 1st in PPG, Ravens are 26th in PPG allowed.

On defense: Bills are 7th in PPG allowed, Ravens are 11th in PPG scored.

The Ravens defense allows the least rushing yards per game. However, they also give up explosive passing plays at a high rate. Just like last week against Jacksonville, I'd like to see the Bills lean into a pass-heavy gameplan.

While the metrics, rankings, and specific matchups seem to favor Buffalo in a lot of areas, the fact is that this game is in Baltimore, in front of a fired up home crowd for "Blackout Night", with a Ravens team that should be feeling pretty desperate at 1-2.

My head says the Bills are simply better than the Ravens, and Josh usually looks good on Sunday Night Football, and the Bills will win by a touchdown. My gut says it's gonna be one of THOSE games, weird things are gonna happen, and the Ravens will find a way to pull out a win.

27-22 Ravens

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McD has really contained Lamar and Henry when we've played them (outside Henry's 20/143/3 game). The Ravens are the leagues biggest choke artists in close games. 

However, I feel like our DEF has to come back down to reality at some point. With no Milano, Bernard, or T Johnson it's almost unbelievable how well the defense has played the last 2.5 games

Ravens need this a lot more than we do and I think they win a shootout 34-31. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Ravens 31

Bills 10

I have the Ravens squeaking it out, but I can't see 31-10.   It's not a must-win for Buffalo and it just about is a must win for Baltimore.  That plays into it.  Also, the Ravens got clipped by the crappy Raiders at home. I don't know how often it happens but this era of the Ravens rarely loses two home games in a row.

• Thank you (+1) 1