The finale of the Oakland A's

Draconator

I'm watching the final night game, and will be watching the very last game tomorrow. 

This should not be the final games in Oakland. 

NBC California is doing a very good job of reliving past glory of the A's in Oakland. They had a nice spot for Dallas Braden, current A's color analyst who threw a perfect game in Oakland in 2010. They had Rickey Henderson on for a full inning earlier. Rickey is still Rickey.

I will always regret not making it back to Oakland for one more game since I moved back to Buffalo in 2013.

Sigh

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm watching the final night game, and will be watching the very last game tomorrow. 

NBC California is doing a very good job of reliving past glory of the A's in Oakland. They had a nice spot for Dallas Braden, current A's color analyst who threw a perfect game in Oakland in 2010. They had Rickey Henderson on for a full inning earlier. Rickey is still Rickey.

I will always regret not making it back to Oakland for one more game since I moved back to Buffalo in 2013.

Sigh

I'll be watching tomorrow to see if they destroy the place.  Really sad that MLB let it come down to this, Manfred is a idiot.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Sigh

Thanks for the heads up, it is sad.

Sacramento sounds nice though and the small stadium won’t have a bad seat.

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I'll be watching tomorrow to see if they destroy the place.  Really sad that MLB let it come down to this, Manfred is a idiot.

Thanks for the heads up.

Didn’t know of the concerns, that, and a sell out crowd with minimal security, might be interesting.

A's fans remove Oakland Coliseum seats, attempt to carry them out of stadium before team leaves for good

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/as-fans-remove-oakland-coliseum-seats-attempt-to-carry-them-out-of-stadium-before-team-leaves-for-good/

the A's confirmed that the video was real, and those fans were stopped before they left the Coliseum. The seats were also returned to their original location.

Probably designed by someone out of a job now.

1 hour ago, Saxum said:

A's fans remove Oakland Coliseum seats, attempt to carry them out of stadium before team leaves for good

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/as-fans-remove-oakland-coliseum-seats-attempt-to-carry-them-out-of-stadium-before-team-leaves-for-good/

"You have to admire the commitment of those fans, who presumably had to do some work in order to get those seats out of the concrete."

With all that rust on the seats, probably just had to keep shaking them till they broke off.  

You can keep your Ohtani. For my money, the "greatest offensive player" in the modern age is Rickey Henderson when he was on the A's (and Yankees too). Yes, Ohtani has a ton of steals...but NOBODY created absolute HAVOC for a defense and pitcher like Rickey did when he was on base. 

Get off my lawn. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Watching the pre-game, and as the game settles in, it does sort of hit you.

Kinda like the Bills moving talk of not so long ago.

Was watching a game the other day from Oakland. Loved the old school banging of the drums and the horns and most of all the QUIET. Contrast to my CitiField which resembles Carlito Brigante's disco on most nights, with the noise and the flashing lights CONSTANTLY.

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1