What’s a kicker worth?

peterpan

3 games in and the Bills look great.  The weakest link appears to be our kicker.  A missed field goal has been the difference in a few games recently, including last post season.  It also factors into the play calling, 4th and long from the 35, what do you do? Too close to punt, our kicker stinks….?  Harrison Butker has been a huge reason why the chiefs have 3 rings.  Adam Vinetari won the Cheats a few Super Bowl too.  Wide right….?!?!?

meanwhile the kicker in Dallas is amazing.  He kicks 60+ yarders without an issue.  He has a great onside kick technique too.  

the Bills are looking like such a complete, deep team.  We constantly have late round picks playing great. It makes me wonder what a kicker is worth to us?  Switch kickers with the chiefs - do the Bills win the SB last year?  They might!! 

it sounds crazy but,I think the best kickers in the NFL are worth a first round pick - to the best teams.  I would have no problem with the Bills trading our #1 next year to Dallas or KC for their kickers.  It might be the difference in a SB win or not.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

3 games in and the Bills look great.  The weakest link appears to be our kicker.  A missed field goal has been the difference in a few games recently, including last post season.  It also factors into the play calling, 4th and long from the 35, what do you do? Too close to punt, our kicker stinks….?  Harrison Butker has been a huge reason why the chiefs have 3 rings.  Adam Vinetari won the Cheats a few Super Bowl too.  Wide right….?!?!?

meanwhile the kicker in Dallas is amazing.  He kicks 60+ yarders without an issue.  He has a great onside kick technique too.  

the Bills are looking like such a complete, deep team.  We constantly have late round picks playing great. It makes me wonder what a kicker is worth to us?  Switch kickers with the chiefs - do the Bills win the SB last year?  They might!! 

it sounds crazy but,I think the best kickers in the NFL are worth a first round pick - to the best teams.  I would have no problem with the Bills trading our #1 next year to Dallas or KC for their kickers.  It might be the difference in a SB win or not.

Everyone hold on.  Let me get my popcorn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Well, Sebastian Janikowski was a 1st round pick, but he didn't win the Raiders any titles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Everyone hold on.  Let me get my popcorn.

Do the microwave stuff! My sister almost burned the house down using oil once. I ran down, opened the slider, grabbed pot holders and threw the pot of fire toward the back yard. I had failed to open the screen door after opening the slider, so the pot of fire bounced back into the house. 

THAT is how I expect this to go! 😂 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Ravens have a bigger problem than the Bills.  Justin Tucker seems to have lost what made him the league's best kicker.  He's such an institution down there, that they are stuck with him.  If a kicker is going to cost his team the game on Sunday Night Football, it's going to be Tucker, not Bass.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Ravens have a bigger problem than the Bills.  Justin Tucker seems to have lost what made him the league's best kicker.  He's such an institution down there, that they are stuck with him.  If a kicker is going to cost his team the game on Sunday Night Football, it's going to be Tucker, not Bass.  

@GunnerBill, if these troubles keep up with Tucker, do you still think he's a lock for the HOF?

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

If Dallas called and offered Aubrey for a 3rd, I’d do it in a second.  I want to win the damn Super Bowl, and if you could give me that level of kicker?  Sign me up

Have we seen him kick outside in December under pressure?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Do the microwave stuff! My sister almost burned the house down using oil once. I ran down, opened the slider, grabbed pot holders and threw the pot of fire toward the back yard. I had failed to open the screen door after opening the slider, so the pot of fire bounced back into the house. 

THAT is how I expect this to go! 😂 

This reminded me of a Rodney joke I think.

Yeah, my wife is such a bad cook she uses the smoke alarm as a timer.

Tired Good Morning GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha (+1) 3

Realistically the difference between the best and worst kickers in the league is 3 or 4 made field goals over the course of the season. It sucks when the misses come at key times, but it's just not that important a position. Bass has had two good seasons and two bad ones. He's not going anywhere before next season anyways because of his brutal contract, so we just have to hope.

• Like (+1) 1