1. 1. How many people are on your list

• 0-3
    • 4-7
    • 8+

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example.  How many people here know that I read poetry on a daily basis?

364224[/snapback]

Wanda: To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people. I've known sheep who could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs, but you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?

BF: Apes don't read poetry.

Wanda: Yes they do, BF, they just don't understand it.

:devil:

What did you say?  I couldn't make it out trying to wade through all that sh--.

364290[/snapback]

its called READING...top to bottom, left to right..group words together to form sentences...take tylenol for any headaches...

Blah blah blah, my name is VABills, blah blah blah.

What did you say?  I couldn't make it out trying to wade through all that sh--.

364290[/snapback]

Sorry I know acknowledge is a big word. I was going to use recognize but it is too big as well. Anyone else think of a one syllable word for BF.

For example.  How many people here know that I read poetry on a daily basis?

364224[/snapback]

Martin Q. Blank: Do you *really* believe that there's some stored up conflict that exists between us? There *is* no us. *We* don't exist. So who do you wanna hit, man? It's not me. Now whaddya wanna do here, man?

BF: [Pulls out a folded up piece of paper]

Martin Q. Blank: I don't know what that is.

BF: These are my words.

Martin Q. Blank: It's a poem? See, that's the problem... express yourself, BF! Go for it.

BF: "When I feel... quiet... when... I feel... blue..."

Martin Q. Blank: You know, I think that is *terrific*, what you have right there. Really, I liked it, a lot. I wouldn't sell the dealership or anything but, I'm tellin' ya... it's intense!

BF: There's... more.

Martin Q. Blank: Okay, would ya mind, just skip to the end.

BF: To... the very end? "For a while."

Martin Q. Blank: Whew. That's good man.

BF: "For a while."

Martin Q. Blank: That's excellent!

BF: You wanna do some blow?

Martin Q. Blank: No I don't.

BF: [Hugs Martin]

:devil:

I do.  Why lie to people?  What's the point?

364273[/snapback]

I don't think he's talking about lying as much as behavioral differences evident when you are dealing with someone anonymously. The reason why I choose to use my name in forums as my user name is to force myself to try to think about what I'm posting before-hand to try to ensure it's a post I'd "put my name on" (in other words, something I wouldn't have qualms about saying in person.). The difference I find in the Internet is the desire for people to take what I say too seriously. Those people need more Kool-Aid. :devil:

So I say stupid stuff? Yeah. I say it in real life as well. Difference is it's easier to edit a forum post (which I rarely do, except in some cases to edify) than something that was said.

I don't think he's talking about lying as much as behavioral differences evident when you are dealing with someone anonymously.  The reason why I choose to use my name in forums as my user name is to force myself to try to think about what I'm posting before-hand to try to ensure it's a post I'd "put my name on" (in other words, something I wouldn't have qualms about saying in person.).  The difference I find in the Internet is the desire for people to take what I say too seriously.  Those people need more Kool-Aid.  :devil:

So I say stupid stuff?  Yeah.  I say it in real life as well.  Difference is it's easier to edit a forum post (which I rarely do, except in some cases to edify)  than something that was said.

364306[/snapback]

Thank you Dan for pointing that out.

If every person on this board acted like themselves this would be a very boring forum.

You just made my point.  IT'S THE INTERNET.  NO ONE BEHAVES LIKE THEY DO IN REAL LIFE.

364266[/snapback]

I do. For example, I'd be just as comfortable telling you to your face that you're an immature little pasty-faced half-witted ignoramus as I am telling you on the internet. But then, I don't give a !@#$. It's very liberating.

And you missed my point anyway. Many people do behave the same on the net as in person. But why does it matter?

Actually, I've been told your a slurring, incoherent zombie when you're drunk. At least at the tailgates. :devil:

364309[/snapback]

Well I didn't mean raving lunatic in a "violent" sense. Your description sounds about right actually. That's what happens when you start drinking at 6 am until kickoff without any sort of break.

I do.  For example, I'd be just as comfortable telling you to your face that you're an immature little pasty-faced half-witted ignoramus as I am telling you on the internet.  But then, I don't give a !@#$.  It's very liberating.

And you missed my point anyway.  Many people do behave the same on the net as in person.  But why does it matter?

364313[/snapback]

Well you probably would, but that's just you. I'd probably talk back to you too.

If every person on this board acted like themselves this would be a very boring forum.

364311[/snapback]

(His name isnt really Dan, Its Greg Weintraub)

364311[/snapback]

Are you saying that Dan is boring?

He is not.

He IS Gross (pass the Kool Aid) :devil: