Solid

oldmanfan

Someone asked me today what I thought about the Bills start, and that is the word that came to mind.  Solid.  The entire team is just solid.  Josh is solid, although his level of solid is above that of mortal man.  The O line is solid in the rush game and pass protection.  The D line the same in run defense and pass rush.  We lose two starting LBs and the replacements are playing solid football.  All the WRs and TEs are playing solid ball, making the catches they should make, eagerly participating in blocking for the run game.  The DBs are all really solid, especially the CBs.  And who would have thought guys like Hamlin and Lewis and Ingram would be playing as well as they have?  Cook to me is the one guy who has gone above and beyond (and Josh as well, although to me he's just playing at his normal incredible way).

Coaching is solid too.  Brady is calling stuff that allows the guys on his offense to make plays.  Babich is using his players to maximum effect.  And McD is overseeing all and showing confidence in his team like going for it aon4th and 3 on the first drive.

Solid team.  Solid coaching.  solid performances.  Solid victories.  This is the kind of effort if maintained can take the Bills a long way.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Someone asked me today what I thought about the Bills start, and that is the word that came to mind.  Solid.  The entire team is just solid.  Josh is solid, although his level of solid is above that of mortal man.  The O line is solid in the rush game and pass protection.  The D line the same in run defense and pass rush.  We lose two starting LBs and the replacements are playing solid football.  All the WRs and TEs are playing solid ball, making the catches they should make, eagerly participating in blocking for the run game.  The DBs are all really solid, especially the CBs.  And who would have thought guys like Hamlin and Lewis and Ingram would be playing as well as they have?  Cook to me is the one guy who has gone above and beyond (and Josh as well, although to me he's just playing at his normal incredible way).

Coaching is solid too.  Brady is calling stuff that allows the guys on his offense to make plays.  Babich is using his players to maximum effect.  And McD is overseeing all and showing confidence in his team like going for it aon4th and 3 on the first drive.

Solid team.  Solid coaching.  solid performances.  Solid victories.  This is the kind of effort if maintained can take the Bills a long way.

I think the two biggest things that Brady does is he does a lot of motion to allow Allen to see zone vs man and

2, he gets the RBs involved in the route tree. He does more with them than your basic angle, option, hook up routes. Their running wheels, in the Chiefs game last year Cook catches a seam route for a TD, Johnson catches a Flag/Corner route. 

I just think the staff allows players to develop and overachieve which I think is a great tool. They’re successful, they get a bag somewhere, the Bills get a comp pick, they suck at new place cause they’re not as set up for success and return in a couple years for less  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It don't get no better than solid

Apparently when Marshawn wasn’t busy hitting pedestrians and was hitting up the bars in Buffalo, he’d literally sneak his own flask into the bar and drink from that, versus buy or even have his drinks paid for by the bar owners.  He’s a unique guy.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Solid Post!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Apparently when Marshawn wasn’t busy hitting pedestrians and was hitting up the bars in Buffalo, he’d literally sneak his own flask into the bar and drink from that, versus buy or even have his drinks paid for by the bar owners.  He’s a unique guy.

It wasn’t just flasks. He used to smuggle full bottles into bars. 

• Haha (+1) 1