Buffalo Bills: Elite early season team, year after year

Logic

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Playoffs: Mahomes rips out our heart and throws it into the compost bin...

PattyCakes is an idiot! You don't throw meat in a compost bin... That invites rats...

Wait... Let me think... Tyreek "Die on a Wife-Beating" Hill, Rashee "Lambo-Crashing, Scene-Fleeing, Playbook-Leaving" Rice, the list goes on...

Oh... Okay, I guess Kermit WANTS to invite the rats. #OnBrand

• Haha (+1) 1

With the sort of roster turnover this team experienced, along with early season injuries on defense, it is remarkable they are where they are right now.  Kudos to the organization.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Brand J said:

That’s the pattern I’ve seen every single year. Start off hot, followed by mid season lulls, then they get hot at the end of the year going into the playoffs. The only year they were lukewarm/trending in the wrong direction at the end of the year was when Damar Hamlin died on the field. Or at least, was clinically dead.

The odd thing about 2022 is something didn’t feel right even heading into the Bengals regular season game. The Bills were winning but it didn’t necessarily seem clean and clinical. And prior to Hamlin’s collapse, the Bengals were having their way with the defense - it had the feeling of a blowout. 

It’s the sane as last year. The Bills dominated weeks two to four, but there were concerns despite the easy victories. It felt like, after an awful week one, Josh had carried them through games. Did the offense look fluid and dynamic? No, not really. And it got too much for Josh to sustain under Dorsey.

As much as it’s still early, something feels different this year. Less pressure on Josh, physically and mentally, and a varied offense being at the centre of it all. The next three weeks will be key, but heading into them it doesn’t feel like “The Emperor’s New Clothes” as last year did.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I love Bills football. And this is one of my favorite teams of all time. All the haters outside and inside the fan base can kiss my ass.  I’m so enjoying this season no matter what happens. 

That’s a lot of ass kissing!  You better buy some extra skin care products. 

• Haha (+1) 1

First, they are answering all the questions I've had, I'm super excited.

That said, I think the next two weeks will be very telling.

Week 1 the offense was awesome, but week 1 doesn't tell you anything.

Week 2 they played on Thursday night against a team that had a significant disadvantage based on the heat and humidity they played in the week before...the gap in the teams could easily be explained by the fact that the dolphins just were screwed in terms of the recovery disadvantage. 

Week 3 they had a huge rest advantage.

Now I'm seeing stuff that looks super repeatable and is simple and works because it let's the players play and just execute and not have to think and is designed around taking advantage of the opponent's weakness where they align to your strengths. I'm very positive about this team, but I just need to see them do it without me being able to explain it away with rest advantages. 

8 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I remember when we were the "best team in the NFL" when we beat Miami last year in week 4. I just don't understand what happened when they came back from London last year. Losing that single game should not have derailed things so badly. 

The defense got nuked by injuries in London then when Douglas got acclimated at corner we righted the ship.  We had one of the worst defenses in the league for a stretch there 

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

My recollection is that we start off good.

Then injuries derail us.

Then the coaches figure out how to win, despite the injuries, as the backups gain experience.

But the injuries prove too much to overcome in the playoffs.  

I know people say it’s just an excuse but we really get boned with defensive injuries for the playoffs year in and year out.  I don’t think the chiefs are in their own tier anymore but they were the healthiest team in the playoffs last year by a wide margin 

• Like (+1) 1

Omg.  This was not expected to be our year; by anyone.  We are a now young and unknown team with no capital.  New stadium coming soon and an elite QB is ahead.

Yet, here we are, riding real high and the jack wagons hating as they wont to do.  It's entertainment and if yer not entertained right now then ask yer therapist to stop prescripting thorozine.

OP, and anyone else thinking negatively about 2024 right now, take a step back and maybe go talk to a friendly therapist; they may even give ya a doughnut.

Edited by sleeby

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

My recollection is that we start off good.

Then injuries derail us.

Then the coaches figure out how to win, despite the injuries, as the backups gain experience.

But the injuries prove too much to overcome in the playoffs.  

We lost the opener two years ago and only lost two games the rest of the regular season lol 

last year not only were we pretty beat up on the defensive side but the chiefs were freakishly uninjured for the playoffs…everything always seems to go their way it’s ridiculous 

edit nope I’m an idiot we lost the opener last year and three years ago 😁 time flies 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan