MENU -- Bills @ Baltimore Sunday Night September 29th -- BALTIMORE RAVENS -- What's on Your Plate?

HIT BY SPIKES

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

That is what I am going with.

Struck out this morning on acquiring a 5lb+ roast beef on sale since the sale ended yesterday.

Will procure one tomorrow morning and marinate it white wine and non-salt spices and herbs for 48+ hours to throw on the rotisserie on Sunday Afternoon.

What bread is used for these Pit Beef Sandwiches in Baltimore?  

Pretty sure the only time i had an "authentic" one it was on a Kaiser roll.   

But good on you, i would have no idea how to properly cook a pit beef anything.  or beef on weck for that matter. enjoy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Offside Number 76 said:

Well my first idea is to stuff the mushroom and not the garlic butter.

The garlic butter is used to brush the outside of the stuffed mushroom so it bakes or grills into the mushroom.

I usually use very large White Button Mushrooms but since this is such a BIG game for the Bills I may use Portobello Mushrooms.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I took one of my clients out to lunch in Annapolis a couple months back and he wouldnt shut up about crab cakes.  Like caused me to have several beers to try to pretend i was somewhere else

Annapolis is a cool city, and the crab cakes are admittedly excellent there!

• Like (+1) 1

Scored a 5 lb Fillet Mignon at my local packers early this morning that was Ungraded and Manager's Special.

It is a thing of beauty!!!

Got it already in the back of the fridge under the juice of two fresh lemons, a dash or two of Bragg Liquid Soya Seasoning, No Salt Canadian Steak Spice and fresh course ground pepper I just ran through my electric spice mill (aka an old coffee bean grinder).

Will give it a flip every 12 hours until Sunday Afternoon.

In honour of my American Bills Brethren a bought 6 large Russet Potatoes from Idaho.

I also bought a 5 lb box of White Mushrooms that I will sort to use the largest to stuff the crab with and make mushroom gravy with the rest.

The Bassett Hound & Rescue came for the ride and ate a lot of Deli Ends on the ride home.

Great Dane got the two biggest pieces when I got home.

Everyone happy