Anchor Bar and Duff's have DFW locations (Arlington and Southlake)

\GoBillsInDallas/

The Duffs was passable the first time I went. Second and third, meh. No matter how crispy you want them they’re coming out soft. Pretty sure they cook them frozen. Is nice to get a Loganberry. 

The anchor bar is right by my house. 

Theres a ridiculous amount of wing restaurants in DFW area but none understand how to cook wings. Buffalo bros in ft worth served raw wings both times I’ve been. 

God I hate it here. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Great … two once great local establishments spreading their now mediocre grub across the nation 

Anchor bar was never good. They just got everyone to believe they started wings(they didn’t) 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

5 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Great … two once great local establishments spreading their now mediocre grub across the nation 

Was in London recently and gave their wings a try.

They easily exceeded Anchor Bar, Duffs and many of the standard offerings locally. 

The quality of wings in WNY isn't what it use to be in many places.   

Edited by US Egg

There was a Duffs about 40 miles away in Newnan, GA that died during Covid. It was actually pretty darn good. I used to make that trip a couple times a year.

There is an Anchor Bar about 15 miles away near KSU, a big college campus. I’ve tried them twice, and it was twice too many. 

Edited by Augie

In WNY:

Duff's on Sheridan makes messy-saucy wings. The dining room is noisy as hell, for those of us with hearing problems it is hard to converse.

The best Duff's is at Eastern Hills mall. Their wings are not over-sauced and are crisp. They make a damn good pizza option was well.

Anchor Bar Main Street was the bomb in the 1980s. It was the best, it has gone down hill since. That's a bummer.

58 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I had wings from Main and Hamlin last night. They're so damn good. 

Seeing this makes me wonder….how many did you have? I had wings for lunch today. A small order is 6 wings, and mine came with 7 on the plate. I can only eat about 4, which is really very little food. Some people can pound wings, but I just can’t do it any more. 

I went out to lunch with a friend once at a pizza joint. I go there and have a slice for lunch a couple times a month. I mentioned they had good wings too, and I’d be happy to split a small order so he could try them. I was thinking 6 wings, but he said they’re good leftover (YUCK!) so let’s get 20 wings. I ate my two wings, and he finished the rest along with his pizza. I don’t know if I could do that with a gun to my head! 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Seeing this makes me wonder….how many did you have? I had wings for lunch today. A small order is 6 wings, and mine came with 7 on the plate. I can only eat about 4, which is really very little food. Some people can pound wings, but I just can’t do it any more. 

I went out to lunch with a friend once at a pizza joint. I go there and have a slice for lunch a couple times a month. I mentioned they had good wings too, and I’d be happy to split a small order so he could try them. I was thinking 6 wings, but he said they’re good leftover (YUCK!) so let’s get 20 wings. I ate my two wings, and he finished the rest along with his pizza. I don’t know if I could do that with a gun to my head! 

Single order is 10 wings. That is the standard with most restaurants here. Not all. 

And for the record, I got Habenero Wings. Really nice flavor and heat. 

10 hours ago, boater said:

In WNY:

Duff's on Sheridan makes messy-saucy wings. The dining room is noisy as hell, for those of us with hearing problems it is hard to converse.

The best Duff's is at Eastern Hills mall. Their wings are not over-sauced and are crisp. They make a damn good pizza option was well.

Anchor Bar Main Street was the bomb in the 1980s. It was the best, it has gone down hill since. That's a bummer.

That Eastern hills Mall duffs definitely does have solid Pizza

On 9/26/2024 at 6:36 PM, Captain_Quint said:

Anchor Bar in Myrtle Beach, SC opened this year. Haven't been yet. 

I hope it’s much better than the one in Kennesaw, GA.  I went twice in their first year (not right after the open) and it was sad both times. 

I’ll give it one more try now that another couple years have gone by. They benefit from the giant ass college campus nearby.