Mr. Brightside: is this a thing now?

NewEra

On 9/26/2024 at 3:25 PM, peterpan said:

Songs like this are supposed to get the crowd in a good mood and loud. Not be about football.

its generational too.  If you’re older than 30 or 35 do you even know this song?  

If you want some others that get a rowdy crowd going,  Scotty doesn’t know and what’s my age again are good for people under 40 (ie most rowdy football fans) I’m not sure they are appropriate tho

This song was a hit in like 2000, roughly 25 years ago lol.

32 minutes ago, todd said:

I was thinking something a little different. Maybe a Nirvana, Pearl Jam, or Jane's Addiction song. That's a little more in the GenX wheelhouse. If it was just me I'd go with maybe a Pixies song or maybe even Beck.

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty cool to see. My old work colleague is now the guitarist for The Killers, pretty crazy to see the guy from the cubicle at work now rocking out in front of thousands (and now entertaining my team).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Keep the Shout! song. Never even heard of that song (Mr. Brightside) or the band. Give me hard rock from the 70s. Of course I'm 67 now. Do they still play the 'Migh-ty Ta-Co" jingle on the stadium scoreboard. That is from the radio in the mid 70s.

10 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Keep the Shout! song. Never even heard of that song (Mr. Brightside) or the band. Give me hard rock from the 70s. Of course I'm 67 now. Do they still play the 'Migh-ty Ta-Co" jingle on the stadium scoreboard. That is from the radio in the mid 70s.

giphy.gif

I just smoked a fattie and listened to the last weeks rendition 2 times back to back. Can’t wait to get to the stadium and feel that energy!  

you guys enjoy this **** tonight! 👊🏻 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I just smoked a fattie and listened to the last weeks rendition 2 times back to back. Can’t wait to get to the stadium and feel that energy!  

you guys enjoy this **** tonight! 👊🏻 

I got 4 plants with 2 weeks left and they are huggeeee

Hopefully I'll have a bunch of fatties for the playoffs and that doesn't sound that appealing actually depending on what kind of fatty

• Awesome! (+1) 1