Mr. Brightside: is this a thing now?

NewEra

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Barenaked Ladies have a song, Get Back Up, which has these lyrics that I think would be good for in game...

"Get back, get back up
You gotta get back, get back up
You got a whole stadium on their feet, it's not about a victory or a defeat
See you gotta get back, get back up
You gotta get back, get back up"

But the music just does not fit a football game atmosphere.

When it comes to perseverance and getting back up again, I’ve always been a big fan of Tubthumping:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GMB 8888 said:

Fun fact…somehow the Killers have never played WNY. That would be quite the nice first concert at the new stadium.

Not sure they’re a stadium act but it’s better than the inevitable Taylor Swift or some bro-country trash.

Would be pretty cool to have them do a live performance of just that song before, during, or after a game. 

anyone ever see the vid of when Metallica performed live for VT?

Edit:

Ive watched the videos so many times but never been there. I swear I saw they once performed it live for VT I can’t seem to find it. Maybe I’m mistaken if they’ve done it live. Either way, would be awesome. 

Edited by mrags

Songs like this are supposed to get the crowd in a good mood and loud. Not be about football.

its generational too.  If you’re older than 30 or 35 do you even know this song?  

If you want some others that get a rowdy crowd going,  Scotty doesn’t know and what’s my age again are good for people under 40 (ie most rowdy football fans) I’m not sure they are appropriate tho