Mr. Brightside: is this a thing now?

NewEra

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Of all the songs lol. Very milquetoast but if the team is into it then I'm for it.

Agree.

Between 3rd and 4th, put some Enter Sandman, Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, etc....show some big hits, big offensive moments/Josh screaming from the KC game in playoffs, etc...crowd would go nuts and gets everyone energized.

Mr Brightside is great when we're up big/chill party atmosphere, but could use a different vibe to get the stadium fired up going into the 4th

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.

Between 3rd and 4th, put some Enter Sandman, Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, etc....show some big hits, big offensive moments/Josh screaming from the KC game in playoffs, etc...crowd would go nuts and gets everyone energized.

Mr Brightside is great when we're up big/chill party atmosphere, but could use a different vibe to get the stadium fired up going into the 4th

Not the greatest example with how they’ve played this year, but Florida does “Won’t Back Down” between the 3rd and 4th Quarters and it’s ELECTRIC.  

Big college thing to have a song the crowd gets into heading into the 4th.  This one seems to fit the Bills (even if Michigan does it).   That video is all over X of the players singing along with the crowd, so if it wasn’t a thing before, it is now. 

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Best lyric in the song:

None. This is the band whose previous hit was “Somebody told me that you had a boyfriend that looked like a girlfriend that I had in February of last year.” It’s Aerosmith style word salad. I can appreciate both for their melody and atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I don’t know. I give the edge to Renegade! 

my buddy is a Steelers fan and was at the first game they played renegade. 2002 playoff game against the Browns. Steelers were down. He still recalls how the song energized everyone, and they ended up coming back and winning. 

I was in Pittsburgh for the preseason game. I had no idea until I experienced it. It is a weapon. I have a whole new retroactive appreciation for McD did in the Barkley game. 

3 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Of all the songs lol. Very milquetoast but if the team is into it then I'm for it.

This 💯. We need our own musical weapon. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I had no idea what the OP

was referencing, looks like it’s this?

Awesome seeing the team having fun, Mack Hollins REALLY getting into it.

Thanks-

my bad, I was going to link it, but apparently I didn’t.

thanks for the replies all

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Wish it was a Wu-Tang song but it’ll do.  

Did they do this last year or start this season?

Those in the stadium, how fired up did you get?

It's very, very much a thing, and it's great in the stadium.  It's become the "Bills" song.  A vast majority of the crowd sings along with it.  (Though when I'm there I wish singing was like that in church earlier in the day, but that's a different matter.)

It traces to the NE playoff game.  That's the first time I recall it being played, and I'm almost certain it was used then for the line "destiny is calling."  That's sort of the hook as to why it's used in the stadium, and how it's relevant to the fanbase.  It has become the song to be played when the game is sealed.  (Although it was played way too early against the Chiefs last year in the playoffs.)  

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve done it at both games this year.

I’ve been of the belief that this team deserves some of its own traditions. The Shout song is from a different era. We started doing the Legend of the Game but that’s just a nod to the early ‘90’s as well. 

Don’t get me wrong, they’re fine. It’s just nice to have a few traditions that are specific to this era. They’ve earned it.

p.s. They keep trying to steal Jump Around after the 3rd from Wisconsin. It’s annoying. Fortunately it has been a disaster. Come up with your own thing.

I heard them play jump around again this week (I was in the concourse getting a water during that break).  That's going nowhere.  The Mr. Brightside thing is this team, and this generation, and it is big.  Electric in the stadium when it's played.  Love it.  It's a new tradition.  And I'll reiterate that it traces to the NE playoff game - "destiny is calling."  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.

Motley Crue- Louder Than Hell would be Perfect for a moment like this! 

• Dislike 2

28 minutes ago, skibum said:

I always associate this song with the dawn of modern Hipsterdom. I guess it makes sense, since the Bills wear skinny pants on game day...

This song has 2.3 billion plays on Spotify and is every basic white person's favorite song at this point. Maybe the hack comedian's perception of Hipterdom that's sold to teens at malls 🤣

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

This song has 2.3 billion plays on Spotify and is every basic white person's favorite song at this point. Maybe the hack comedian's perception of Hipterdom that's sold to teens at malls 🤣

I guess I’m not a basic white person 😂 … I didn’t know the song, so I YouTubed it … left rather unimpressed, but I’m sure my folks said the same of Black Sabbath and deep purple back in the day 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its a perfect song for that moment like last night because its energetic song that everyone knows the lyrics to…and its a good song.

I don't know a single word to it and didn't even know what it was until this thread. 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Very milquetoast but if the team is into it then I'm for it.

At least the white boys are. I bet the brothers hate it.

• Haha (+1) 1