Mr. Brightside: is this a thing now?

NewEra

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They’ve done it at both games this year.

I’ve been of the belief that this team deserves some of its own traditions. The Shout song is from a different era. We started doing the Legend of the Game but that’s just a nod to the early ‘90’s as well. 

Don’t get me wrong, they’re fine. It’s just nice to have a few traditions that are specific to this era. They’ve earned it.

p.s. They keep trying to steal Jump Around after the 3rd from Wisconsin. It’s annoying. Fortunately it has been a disaster. Come up with your own thing.

This is not original either.  Michigan has been playing this song between the 3rd and 4th quarters since 2016 and it's a big deal there.  

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2021/10/how-mr-brightside-by-the-killers-became-a-michigan-stadium-tradition.html

As a Michigan alum, I'm fine with my favorite pro team using the same song, but just need to clarify that this is NOT original to the Bills.

Also, I have not read all of the posts in this thread, so maybe I'm not the first person to point this out, but at least I have a link to provide further background....

Edited by msw2112

I have never really liked the song but the whole atmosphere was electric with the song on Monday. I would be fine if it becomes "a thing". Sometimes those kind of stupid things end up being the rally cry for a championship season. Plus its an easy song for everyone to sing to. 

Edited by stlbills13

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its a perfect song for that moment like last night because its energetic song that everyone knows the lyrics to…and its a good song.

Never heard this song prior to opening this thread, but then I live in the country and I'm 56 so that explains it. 

I'm a Mizzou alumni, and they sing this at all Mizzou sporting events as well. Its a huge hit, and after the chorus we chant "F*** KU" (Kansas, our old hated rival).

Really need the Bills stadium team to get a "Lets Go Bills" chant going in that same slot. The crowd would be super loud and it would keep the energy going. As it stands, after the chorus the music keeps going but the energy on the field and in the stands just dies.

Go Bills and Go Tigers!

7 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It's a great song and the energy is felt, but I think it might get old fast... especially if we're losing.

I've always thought the beginning of the 3rd or 4th quarter should be an instrumental-only version of The Beautiful People or Du Hast. 

Say what you will about the artists/song, but it would get the people GOING.

Since you brought it up:

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not a fan of stealing other people’s traditions (generally). With that being said, I don’t hate the idea of “borrowing” “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Liverpool. It’s kind of on brand too. The Bills Mafia is the most “ride or die” fan base in American Sports. They certainly have that reputation. That kind of “we are always here” message would be wild. 

Dude that sounds like a funeral

Brightside is about right for this team/generation.

Don’t Stop Believing belongs to Gen X though so don’t even think about taking our sht

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1